The legacy of Pudz (Marius)

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Lionheart7167, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Lionheart7167

Lionheart7167 Orange Belt

Ok, so interesting career. Outside of his strongman career, what is his MMA legacy???
    He's beaten a few names but never beat anyone considered great. Lost to pretty much all former champs. His best wins are against McCorkle and Oli. So how do you think he'll be remembered? Can crusher? Strong dude with no gas tank? Giant quitter?

2. qw3rty

qw3rty R.I.P @FrankieNYC

All of that plus KSW protegee

Andrey Kamensky likes this.
  3. BloodyPoptart

BloodyPoptart Orange Belt

Poland's finest

4. BloodyPoptart

BloodyPoptart Orange Belt

Also- as the guy that Popek Monster knocked down

5. thatdude21601

thatdude21601 Bananarama Belt

Big in Japan

edit: Poland.

TheGZA likes this.
  6. DonCarlos

DonCarlos Green Belt

All over the world? No idea.

In Poland? He basically created mma in Poland. Nobody gave a crap about mma, nobody even knew that something like KSW exist. They didn't have tv deal, and their biggest attendance number was about 3700. With Mariusz they were able to get a tv deal(one of top3 network in PL), and now they selling out arenas on regular basis.

He might be a can crusher, but without him there would be no mma here.

7. d3vil0ck

d3vil0ck Brown Belt

He just sort of exists. Never did anything remotely note worthy as far as wins are concerned. Helped grow MMA in Poland, seems like a good guy, so good for him. But legacy in the sport, he really doesn't have one.

8. usfbrah

usfbrah Chronic gambler

He beat popek

9. manboy<3

manboy<3 don't card me bro

Same Legacy as Ken Shamrock

A guy that cannot fight but can roid and has the looks and personallity except I think he doesn't have Ken's crafty escapes from the ring (I mean who else can fake a heart attack that would even fool his own corner and the ref?)

I think like Ken he should be admired for what he did for MMA but also like Ken he would have never amounted to much inside the ring even if he dedicated his entire life to it

TheGZA likes this.
  10. Andrey Kamensky

Andrey Kamensky Black Belt

He will not be remembered as one of the all time greats, that's for sure. But he's doing ok considering how late in his life he started fighting. And he's still improving slowly. We'll see what he has to offer in his next fight.

11. WildWestWhoopAss

WildWestWhoopAss Yellow Belt

He is just a steroid freak ruining the legitimacy of the entire sport. Some might call that a legacy.

12. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

I'm not a Shamrock fan but Pudz is nowhere in the same league as Ken.

Ancient Warrior and MMALOPEZ like this.
  13. manboy<3

If Pudz started in career as early as Shamrock did and also in the dark ages of MMA they would have been comparable

I think they are in the same league talent wise it's just that Pudz came in very late

Andrey Kamensky likes this.
  14. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

No, he may been comparable to Kimo although Kimo was a half decent grappler. Pudz basically only has size and strength, and even his strength is not all that functional to MMA, as evident getting tossed by an aged, unmotivated, bloated Tim Sylvia.

And that analogy is stupid, if Pudz had the same resources and knowledge the guys in the early stages of MMA did, he'd look much worse...he has had training at some of the highest level camps in the world and he still looks like he can't throw a proper straight punch.

Ancient Warrior likes this.
  15. manboy<3

Yeah but Shamrock can't throw a proper punch either, let's be real here and he has been trainning for an eternity compared to Pudz

I don't think Pudz would be 1-2 Ko'd by a welterweight like Sakuraba or look as pathetic as Ken did against Tito every time

I don't think Pudz would be submited by a lightweight Gracie like Ken was (just look at what he did to Roger Gracie a much better, stronger and heavier grappler)

Ken's body is just as bad for fighting as is Pudz but at least Pudz has real power and strenght whereas Ken had virtually nothing to offer other than submission knowledge that he could barely apply

Ken was a bodybuilder and a Pro Wrestler and was in no way more of a fighter than Pudz would have been if Pudz had started young

Ken was a showman and that's it it's absurd to think that a prime PUDZ would not be able to compete with any version of Shamrock

By the way which version of Ken Shamrock would do better against TIm Sylvia than Pudz did?

16. Ancient Warrior

Ancient Warrior Gold Belt

I hope you're trolling.

17. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

The arrogance of youth