The leg of Marquardt

This morning, Marquardt posted a photo of how his leg was healing on Twitter for the whole world to see:

http://twitpic.com/buwbvb

717024791.jpg

717024760.jpg

Brutal, but I'll be honest, I was expecting even worse! I was starting to cringe as Saffiedine landed more and more of those things, imagining how completely destroyed Nate's leg must have felt.

scary thing that Fedor did all damage with his lead leg.

His lead leg low kick is scary fast and powerful.

He showed amazing new wrinkles in his game in his retirement run. Makes his retirement bittersweet as I will always wonder what he could have accomplished with his new dedication to technique and strategy.

Part of a good Muay Thai clinic is the ability to take out a leg in the manner in which he did. Those leg kicks were not karate kicks, those were 100 % Muay Thai leg kicks. He also was great in the clinch. He showed a very good ability to land knees to Nate's body consistently through out that fight with his clinch work. When you are able to do that against a bigger and stronger opponent like Marquart was, it's because your technical level is very high. He has a very good understanding of Muay Thai clinch to go a long with what he has learned at team Quest, makes him very difficult to deal with on the inside.

Excellent analysis.

Part of a good Muay Thai clinic is the ability to take out a leg in the manner in which he did. Those leg kicks were not karate kicks, those were 100 % Muay Thai leg kicks. He also was great in the clinch. He showed a very good ability to land knees to Nate's body consistently through out that fight with his clinch work. When you are able to do that against a bigger and stronger opponent like Marquart was, it's because your technical level is very high. He has a very good understanding of Muay Thai clinch to go a long with what he has learned at team Quest, makes him very difficult to deal with on the inside.

Has there every been a fighter who has both high level Muay Thai and Greco-Roman? Maybe we saw the closest thing last night. Indeed, that combo will make you a scary dude in the clinch, ability to control plus ability to damage.

Nate Marquadt posted this picture of his leg this morning on his Face Book.

422211_10151331120744591_1840515191_n.0_standard_709.0.jpeg

OUCH ! Tarec did an excellent job stuffing 99% of Nate's take down attempts and punishing him standing.

i was really shocked how tarec handled nate :eek:

I wanna see a picture of it. I bet it's ugly

Edit: there's a picture in this thread. Pretty gnarly.

His leg was tenderized and ready to throw on the grill. Saffiedine destroyed his leg with mad leg kicks. Marquardt got completely owned.

It wouldn't ge good to grill; too bruised.

Anyways, from Nate's pic on twitter,,, Hmmm,,, thought it would be worst than that.

Aldo is a better leg-tenderizer.

Silly point. For his weight class yes, but if they fought Marquardt would knock Aldo out.

So I dont see why you'd waste the time to type that.

Are you related to Aldo?

Nate knows how to check those kicks, watching I was wondering why he had no attempt for it, but then it was looking like he was taking them hoping for an opening to counter that he wouldnt have if he was checking.

He landed a few shots countering after the kicks landed

Back