The leg of Marquardt

I missed the fight. Sounds like I fucking missed out, seems like a real bruiser. I like Nate a lot, but I always like to see the Aldo v Faber technique used.

Was it as good of a dismantling as Aldo v Faber?

Props to the new champion.

Nate went in there with seemingly no game planning whatsoever. Like he never watched Saffiedines fight tape. Nate did throw some good punches that landed, I don't question Saffiedines chin after that.

I just don't like those type of fights where it was predominantly kicking. Eh. At least fighters like Anderson and Aldo mix it up with excellent hand striking with the kicking clinics they put on.

The most impressive thing for me was the take down defense. It's not like Nate didn't try to get the fight to the ground.

I could not believe what I was seeing. Nate looked flat and it was a pretty brutal fight.

Marquart was systematically destroyed. Unbelievable how underrated Saffiedine's Muay Thai was. That was as close to a pure Muay Thai clinic as you'll see in mma. It was actually the best Muay Thai clinic in a while. Marquarts face was also battered up.

I think you mean KARATE

BAdugg7CAAAgSnz_display_image.jpg

been there before. In the beginning, you're still sensitive to the pain so you defend it. After it's so battered up, you forget that it was painful and don't defend it as much. It doesn't hurt as much but it's pretty much useless.

It look like Nate was just taking his sweet a** time taking those leg kicks when he should of been checking them.

Marquart was systematically destroyed. Unbelievable how underrated Saffiedine's Muay Thai was. That was as close to a pure Muay Thai clinic as you'll see in mma. It was actually the best Muay Thai clinic in a while. Marquarts face was also battered up.

Saffiedine is a known karate fighter...

The Saff did an extremely good job on Nates leg and a well deserved victory, he was the biggest winner of the night and will end up in the ufc soon

Good muay Thai, but imo more of a leg kick clinic than a muay Thai clinic. Other than those leg kicks, didn't see too much else.

Saffiedine is a known karate fighter...

God.....

He was 12-1 as an amateur kick boxer, when he fell in love with Muay Thai and began studying Muay Thai, which he now uses very well in pro mma. No doubt his traditional striking arts background probably played a big part in accelerating his learning curve in Muay Thai, but he now uses Muay Thai very well, and I maintain the technical level of his Muay Thai is very high at the mma level, and that was a Muay Thai clinic he put on last night. But thanks for your clarification on the subject.

Last edited:
Is it really possible for blood to start coming out of somebody's pores if it swells enough?

There needs to be some sort of laceration to lose blood.

There can be internal pooling though, which is far more dangerous

Good muay Thai, but imo more of a leg kick clinic than a muay Thai clinic. Other than those leg kicks, didn't see too much else.

Part of a good Muay Thai clinic is the ability to take out a leg in the manner in which he did. Those leg kicks were not karate kicks, those were 100 % Muay Thai leg kicks. He also was great in the clinch. He showed a very good ability to land knees to Nate's body consistently through out that fight with his clinch work. When you are able to do that against a bigger and stronger opponent like Marquart was, it's because your technical level is very high. He has a very good understanding of Muay Thai clinch to go a long with what he has learned at team Quest, makes him very difficult to deal with on the inside.

Back