The last will and testament of The Last Emperor

How so? Pride was the premier org. All of the UFC legends in the lesser league....does it tarnish their legacy?

Anyway Strikeforce actually had more top HWs at the time that Fedor was in it.

Strikeforce roster at the time

Fedor
Werdum
Barnett
Cormier (was an up and comer-no one knew for sure how good he was)
Overeem
Bigfoot
Sergei
Arlovski

UFC roster at the time

Nog (Interim Champ -won even past his prime looking slow and worn down
Brock (was 2-2 in his career)
Couture (was just coming back after legal battle - was trying to fight Fedor)
Mir
JDS (was an up and comer - no one knew for sure how good he was)
Cain (Almost got KOed by Kongo -was an up and comer - no one knew for sure how good he was)

At no time in Brocks career was he ever 2-2. SF had a slightly better HW roster, but you make it clear that you are bias by putting nothing beside most of th SF fighters and shit like "past his prime looking slow and worn down" beside all the UFC fighters

I like how you mention Cain being rocked a couple times in a fight against a top ten opponent, who had beaten a "prime" Cro Cop that he completely dominated like it is a negative. I'm sure you would speak of fedor being knocked out on his feet by Fujita or suplexed by Randleman and winning as a true testament to his greatness.

Lol exactly. His comment worked against him as Fedor has been rocked more then a few times to guys like Fujita and Rodgers.

GSP murdered Serra in the rematch. Silva would have murdered those loses in rematches. The same can't be said for Fedor.

10 years without losing a single round which consisted of no name Japanese fighters? That doesn't say much at all. His biggest wins were Nog and Coleman and that doesn't warrant you the greatest off all time.

Fedor always fought sloppy from the beginning and he was finally exposed when he fought in the U.S and his aura should have never really been there in the first place. How close was he to getting knocked out by Brett Rodgers?

You asked me who the greatest of all time is? As much as I don't like him and root for him to get knocked out, it has to be Jon Jones.

image.jpg

10 years without losing a round... I wonder why, who are all these guys?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Let's find out :
Fighters ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight when they lost to Fedor (in chronological order):
*Renato Sobral #6
*Semmy Schilt #4
*Ant

stopped reading after fedor sloppy.... one of the most technically sound fighters ever who had the most beautiful transitions to date in mma was all of a sudden always 'sloppy' lmao and then thrown in jones as goat ... this post has made my day:icon_chee

Fedor is the greatest IMO, but his striking was undoubtedly sloppy (yet effective)

When you almost get knocked out by Fugita and Rodgers, sloppy just makes so much more sense..... Yes he was.

hahaha now almost getting knocked out makes you sloppy hahaha keep em coming man :icon_chee

In Affliction he beat the #4 ranked Tim (who was at the time coming off a UFC title shot loss to Nog)

He also beat the #2 ranked Arlovski that was on a winning streak that started in the UFC (including a win over Werdum) and then he went on to beat 2 HWs that are now in the UFC (Roy Nelson and Rothwell) Arlovski was on a roll and had only lost to 1 fighter between 2003 - 2008 when he left the UFC. Arlovski earned a UFC title shot but the contract dispute sent him elsewhere.

Rogers did not almost finish Fedor. He was much bigger and landed 2 punches while on top of him on the ground. Fedor wasn't rocked. (Lutter was closer to finishing Anderson than Rogers was to finishing Fedor.)

Tim at the time was coming off a UFC INTERIM title shot loss to a "past his prime looking slow and worn down" (as you called him) Nog

Fedor is the greatest IMO, but his striking was undoubtedly sloppy (yet effective)

he was wild with his strikes however , he was not sloppy he had some of the best head movement in mma, he knew how to use angles very well, he was extremely good at using feints and had some of the best transitions in the game. lets ask ernesto hoost what he thought about fedors striking

This list just goes to show how shallow hevyweight was up until 4 or 5 years ago, hell it's still pretty shallow to this day. Fedor is one of my all time favorite fighters but I cannot help but feel like he came around at a perfect time to create his name and legacy and also fought at a weight class that helped build his aura of beatin much bigger men. None of his good wins are over men mug larger than him, all of the big men he fought were not very good and would lose to much smaller men anyways. Even in his time I feel like if fedor fought at 205, he would have a fair share of losses but would be I the upper echelon of the division, similar to Rampage in pride. It also shows most of the competition was in smaller weight classes as Big Nog and Fedor are considered by most the two greatest heavyweights ever and both have a loss to Hendo.

I honestly don't think MMA could wish for a better "face" than Fedor. He truly is the Pele of MMA. The first fighter to attain true greatness in the sport.

"Fedor Emelianenko truly symbolizes to me what scientific striking is; a matter of using one's bag of tricks to confuse the opponent and walk him on to one's punches. Smoke and mirrors, nothing more, but an art form nonetheless."
Jack Slack, Bleacher report current 'Lead MMA Analyst'
"Analyzing Fedor: The Striking Of The Emperor" :
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/5/31/3053056/fedor-emelianenko-striking-technique-pride

I remember after his loss to Werdum in some interview he wanted to apologize to all his fans for losing, because he knew that many idolized him, and it's like, he was more sad for his fans getting sad, than for losing, hard to explain really what I mean or what he said, but fuck man he was the greatest fighter with the biggest heart..

icqz9j.jpg

GOAT

Big Nog and Fedor are considered by most the two greatest heavyweights ever and both have a loss to Hendo.
Big Nog did not lose to Hendo. He was robbed in a split decision. When they fought again, Big Nog submitted Hendo. One of the only fighters to ever submit Hendo.

Besides, Hendo is himself one of the most accomplished fighters in the sport. He would've been crushed by prime Fedor. Hendo's coach said in an interview on Sherdog that they deliberately avoided Fedor in his prime.

Big Nog did not lose to Hendo. He was robbed in a split decision. When they fought again, Big Nog submitted Hendo. One of the only fighters to ever submit Hendo.

Besides, Hendo is himself one of the most accomplished fighters in the sport. He would've been crushed by prime Fedor. Hendo's coach said in an interview on Sherdog that they deliberately avoided Fedor in his prime.

That's your opinion that Big Nog was robbed, we could go back over tons of fighters careers and say they were gifted decisions it doesn't change what history will show for what happened. Plus, I'm just using Hendo as a frame of reference, yes he is awesome and one of the best ever but he still has quite a bit of losses at 205 and 185 and if fedor or Nog fought the elite of prides middleweight division they would also have had a few more losses on their records.

Fedor couldnt be stopped in his prime. The guy is a fucking born warrior.. pure class inside and out of the ring. The greatest of all time.

I remember after his loss to Werdum in some interview he wanted to apologize to all his fans for losing, because he knew that many idolized him, and it's like, he was more sad for his fans getting sad, than for losing, hard to explain really what I mean or what he said, but fuck man he was the greatest fighter with the biggest heart..

icqz9j.jpg

GOAT

When asked if he agrees or disagrees with all these 'Greatest' monikers attributed to him, Emelianenko replied: "I try not to give these characterizations any thought and try not to attach importance to them. A man becomes complacent if he considers himself great. I try to live a normal human life. But I also appreciate the fact that martial arts fans get very excited about fighters and enjoy talking about them. And I do not want to offend my fans. I very much appreciate all of the kind words people say about me"
http://www.mmasportsmag.com/interview_fedor_emelianenko.htm

"I am human like everyone else. I don

That's your opinion that Big Nog was robbed, we could go back over tons of fighters careers and say they were gifted decisions it doesn't change what history will show for what happened. Plus, I'm just using Hendo as a frame of reference, yes he is awesome and one of the best ever but he still has quite a bit of losses at 205 and 185 and if fedor or Nog fought the elite of prides middleweight division they would also have had a few more losses on their records.

It's not just my opinion that Big Nog won. One of the judges thought he won too. As did the vast majority of Sherdog at the time.

A new fight was arranged to settle the score and Big Nog won it decisively by FINISHING Hendo. So that's the end of that.

And then Fedor came in and smashed Big Nog like he was a kid. Twice.

Hendo's hail mary win over Fedor at the veeeeeeeeery tail end of Fedor's career means almost nothing.

he was wild with his strikes however , he was not sloppy he had some of the best head movement in mma, he knew how to use angles very well, he was extremely good at using feints and had some of the best transitions in the game. lets ask ernesto hoost what he thought about fedors striking

He did many things good, and like i said it was effective, but are you really going to argue that he was not sloppy? His shifting his entire body weight to his lead leg (often to the point that his back leg lifted, leaving him unbalanced) every time he threw a right, rarely mixing in straights, dropping his opposing hand down to his wast every time he threw a punch. It was sloppy

Still one of the best strikers at HW

Back