Television The Last of Us (HBO TV series) (DO NOT POST SPOILERS WITHOUT SPOILER TAG)

Rate Episode One

• Total voters
All they have to do is have Joel slip into a coma in critical condition. Doesn't die until the end of the show which is when Ellie goes back out. By then the season will almost be over and it wont really matter if people drop off.

I'm actually more concerned about Bella Ramsey continuing to play Ellie. She's to small to play an older Ellie who grew up quite a bit in between games. So I'm hoping the recast her.

Possible, but Part 2 takes place over the course of months with location changes to Seattle & Southern California (I think). Doubtful Ellie would go on a revenge quest across thousands of miles when Joel isn't dead yet.

And if they plan on Joel being attacked the same way, its doubtful Abby wouldn't stop swinging until she knew Joel was dead. She had 5+ years of pent-up hatred in those swings.

As for Bella Ramsey, she's 19, and one of the reasons she plays a 14 year-old well is because of her clothing & styling. If they keep the 5+ year difference between the 1st & 2nd seasons I bet her clothing & styling will be updated for the character's age, and just a few changes to Bella's performance and she'll be acting her age.

im fine if
they kill joel so long as they change the story so that the bitch who killed him gets fucked up hard. the story of two is such horseshit. its emotional manipulation and an intentional fuck u to the audience to take away a feeling of catharsis for a "revenge is not worth it" trope. fuck that [\spoiler]

if they change the ending of one to satisfy the events of two that will be pretty lame.

i think joel was right in his actions as the surrounding info of game one provided an understanding of the unethical nature of the fireflies.

Guys (everyone, not just Aristotle) please start responding to spoiler tags in spoiler tags.

Although your responses aren't outright spoilers, someone may read multiple of these types of messages and begin putting things together.

I'm not innocent of this either, posting the tweets just an hour before the 2nd episode began, but I don't want any observant posters that haven't played the 1st game to figure out the ending of the 1st season.

Better safe than sorry.

im fine if
they kill joel so long as they change the story so that the bitch who killed him gets fucked up hard. the story of two is such horseshit. its emotional manipulation and an intentional fuck u to the audience to take away a feeling of catharsis for a "revenge is not worth it" trope. fuck that [\spoiler]

Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping they just ditch the Part 2 adaptation. There's really no way it can be a satisfying story and I bet there'd be a HUGE viewership drop-off throughout the season, even if they tried the 'Joel in a Coma' bullshit.

You could easily set that up with just small changes. Make it so that Joel is in a coma but Ellie is told it will be a miracle if he survives. Then have Joel's brother say he's going after them and Ellie comes along. The reason they are going after them is because Abbey screams this isn't over because she knows Joel could still live.

Make it so that Abbey and her team have to leave before she can land the killing blow because people from Joels village are about to be at the cabin. Have someone from Abbeys team drag her away.

My main issue with Bella isn't her clothing or the way she acts. She's just to small and she's one of those adults who will always look like a child. Ellie in TLOU2 grows into a full sized adult. It will look weird having Bella fight some jacked women who will be 4x her size. Even having her fight a normal women would look weird.
FYI Ellie in the sequel is still a petite woman. She just dresses different and is around smaller characters. It's not like most females have a growth spurt between the ages of 13 and and late teens and grow 6 inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Ellie in the sequel is still a petite woman. She just dresses different and is around smaller characters. It's not like most females have a growth spurt between the ages of 13 and and late teens and grow 6 inches.

Please put responses to spoiler tags in spoiler tags.

Its a much bigger issue that a 5'1" Bella Ramsey will be hand-to-hand fighting and killing men.

Its less ridiculous in a videogame when you're playing as the female character, and its completely ridiculous in movies & TV series.

Sorry, but 5'1" Bella Ramsey as a stone cold killer would be laughable.

Please put responses to spoiler tags in spoiler tags.

Its a much bigger issue that a 5'1" Bella Ramsey will be hand-to-hand fighting and killing men.

Its less ridiculous in a videogame when you're playing as the female character, and its completely ridiculous in movies & TV series.

Sorry, but 5'1" Bella Ramsey as a stone cold killer would be laughable.
1. That's just 2 inches shorter than Ellie. Easy enough to cover in a production by going with smaller men or camera magic. Or just go with a slightly larger stunt double.
2. They arent recasting a popular lead for so small a jump.
3. Not saying you havs thia view, but come on. People cant be conplaining that abbey is hilariously jacked and then be like, nah, ellie is too small. Like make up your mind folks. People are waaay to obsessed with how game adaptation characters look at the expense of practicality and basic logic. Just bizarre.

3. Not saying you havs thia view, but come on. People cant be conplaining that abbey is hilariously jacked and then be like, nah, ellie is too small. Like make up your mind folks. People are waaay to obsessed with how game adaptation characters look at the expense of practicality and basic logic. Just bizarre.

Oh I agree about Abby. There's no way they could find an actress that is anywhere close to being as jacked as Abby, unless there's a crossfit athlete that can act.

tenor.gif

Hopefully they'll go with what they SHOULD have done in the game - Abby being a mirror image of Ellie.

'Ellie' & 'Abby' having similar sounding names was a dead giveaway.

So I looked it up and yea Ellie only grew 2". The problem is Bella Ramsey is just to short in general. She's only 5'1 so she's already shorter than Ellie is in the original game and she wont grow any bigger. I still think they need a bigger actress to make the switch. Will be hard to imagine her pulling off the action scenes but I guess we will find out since I doubt they recast her. Maybe give her boots to increase her height at best.

So I looked it up and yea Ellie only grew 2". The problem is Bella Ramsey is just to short in general. She's only 5'1 so she's already shorter than Ellie is in the original game and she wont grow any bigger. I still think they need a bigger actress to make the switch. Will be hard to imagine her pulling off the action scenes but I guess we will find out since I doubt they recast her. Maybe give her boots to increase her height at best.
2 inches is entirely unnoticeable in a film production. I think people are really overthrowing this. Especially given she will probably have a stunt double. Or just hire smaller stuntmen. It's like Bane. Quality of the actor matters more than size.

I still think they need a bigger actress to make the switch. Will be hard to imagine her pulling off the action scenes but I guess we will find out since I doubt they recast her. Maybe give her boots to increase her height at best.

Won't happen.

Bella is now the show's #2 star so they'll try to work around her physical believability in action scenes. Hopefully they'll just have her in gunfights because its far more believable she'd be good with guns and she'd be a small target.

No chance of a recasting, and if the decision to adapt Part 2 into Season 2 has already been made they made it before the casting process. I bet Pedro Pascal's contract would have him be in the 1st season and 1 or 2 episodes of the 2nd season.

000.000% chance they'd part with BOTH of their biggest stars, which audiences are already attached to.

I feel like some of the people hating on Bella Ramsey didn't watch Game of Thrones. She was so great as little Lyanna Mormont, Lady of Bear Island. I thought this was pretty well done:

Oh shit it's post-apocalypse Ron Swanson and post-apocalypse Armand from White Lotus!!

bill-and-frank-tlou-show.jpg

Haven't played the game, are these dudes a couple? Frenemies?

Big fan of both actors. Nick Offerman was really good in Devs as an obsessive tech mogul.

I feel like some of the people hating on Bella Ramsey didn't watch Game of Thrones. She was so great as little Lyanna Mormont, Lady of Bear Island. I thought this was pretty well done:

Worked for that show because of 'look of the times.'

Shes just too much like Rocky Dennis.

So she's the same height as Tom Cruise .....

Worked for that show because of 'look of the times.'

Shes just too much like Rocky Dennis.
I saw her on Fallon and as crazy as it sounds I think she's going to be smoking hot when she's an adult

I was surprised too

Right after TLOU's success, new video game adaptation to a TV series has been announced....

...with the absolute worst writer imaginable for it.

Never thought Tomb Raider was one of those games that could have a great TV or film adaptation. Plot always seemed bare bones to me, although I never played the modern ones

Back