Television 'The Last of Us' HBO series (Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey to Star)

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

For those who don't know, 'The Last of Us' was damn near the uncontested Game of The Year in 2013, and many consider it to be the Game of the Decade.

10616845-l.jpg

th

A few years ago, I made a thread encouraging everyone to see the Warcraft movie because its success would cause other game franchises to be adapted into movies, like in the same way Blade (1998), X-Men (2000), and Spider-Man (2001) led to so many of our favorite comic books being adapted into movies.

Sadly, it failed to be a Boxoffice hit. And if it not China it would have bombed.

Thankfully, due to the recent success of The Witcher on Netflix, and the Sonic movie, Hollywood and streaming services are looking into game series to adapt.

The Last of Us has an A+++ story, probably the deepest and most cinematic game of the last decade and is the absolute best story to be adapted into a series.

And its being with the best platform for quality TV, and being produced by who did 'Chernobyl' the best mini-series I've ever seen.

Oh, and Neil Druckmann, the game's producer and writer, is also producing.

Probably a long time away from being released, but dammit its going to be worth it.

Interesting. For some reason I didn't really get into The Last of Us that much, even though I was a big fan of the Uncharted series. Incredible game technically though and the opening of the game definitely tugged at my heart strings. Looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

Unless it's starring Ellen Page
(who Ellie is in no way, shape, or form based on and whose appearance is completely coincidental)
, I ain't watching it.

2013_06_28_20_12_41.jpg

interesting

but still waiting for neuromancer

Unless it's starring Ellen Page
(who Ellie is in no way, shape, or form based on and whose appearance is completely coincidental)
, I ain't watching it.

2013_06_28_20_12_41.jpg

Yeah, the resemblance is undeniable.

But what is also undeniable is Ellie is 14-15 in the game, Ellen page is now 33 and looks like this.

everything-you-need-to-know-about-ellen-page-1550350760-view-0.jpg

so the guy who penned such classics as RocketMan (1997), Scary Movie 3 & Superhero Movie is developing this project for HBO? well shit son, sign me up

Hugh would be an A+ casting....

But it'd be too reminiscent of 'Logan.'
*Protect a girl as they travel cross-country.*

And he'd require too high of a price tag, so its probably best to not get your hopes up too high.

There's several actors who'd be perfect for the role, and I'd bet @Dragonlordxxxxx would love make some picks of who his favorite actors for each role would be.

so the guy who penned such classics as RocketMan (1997), Scary Movie 3 & Superhero Movie is developing this project for HBO? well shit son, sign me up

He already developed (produced and writer) a project with HBO, and it was Chernobyl.

If you haven't seen it, trust me, you should and you'll agree he's an A+ pick to develop 'The Last of Us' for HBO.

Hugh would be an A+ casting....

But it'd be too reminiscent of 'Logan.'
*Protect a girl as they travel cross-country.*

And he'd require too high of a price tag, so its probably best to not get your hopes up too high.

There's several actors who'd be perfect for the role, and I'd bet @Dragonlordxxxxx would love make some picks of who his favorite actors for each role would be.
I know.. but obviously he was the first one to pop into my head for the role.

:D

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau or Karl Urban..?

<TheWire1>

He already developed (produced and writer) a project with HBO, and it was Chernobyl.

If you haven't seen it, trust me, you should and you'll agree he's an A+ pick to develop 'The Last of Us' for HBO.
ik, i was just taking the piss

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau or Karl Urban..?

TheWire1

Karl Urban may be a great casting but I have no idea if the shooting schedules for The Boys and TLoU would overlap.

Nikolaj would be damn near perfect if he could do a Texas accent without it being cheesy.

Back