The last minute of the broadcast just got me excited again

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
DC suggests dom rematch for killashaw while rogan insists on the cejudo fight. DC advocates for DJ by saying he doesn't believe in this sport anymore if dj doesnt get a rematch after the decision loss while rogan implies that if thats the case, then stipe should be getting a rematch. DC saves face and ends up announcing that if brock lesnar doesn't make it to the fight for any reason, he will fight stipe again. Hell yes. Epic end to their broadcast commentary. My man stipe still got some hope

Stipe should be getting the fight. DC likely wins again from what I saw

But still..

Stipe doesnt deserve a rematch yet ... but if the Brock fight falls thru then why not .....

MM definately deserves a rematch and anyone that suggests otherwise is an asshat lol

Stipe got outclassed and smoked in the first round, so DJ's case doesn't apply to him at all.

Well Rogan is wrong again. Stipe got KO'd in the 1st round, not lost a split decision over 5 rounds. Bit of a difference.

TJ is 32, he is not moving down in weight. Now if Lil Hank wants to fight at 135 then game on. Stipe deserves a rematch but it is an odd situation. According to Brock, Stipe is a piece of shit so dwell on that for a bit.

Yeah, Stipe got smoked.

If there were controversy, the auto would make sense.

At the end of the day, it's still 2 guys fighting.

If you take away the belt, and you see a guy KO the other guy in round 1, would you be demanding an auto rematch?

Immediate rematches suck and have helped make a mess of several divisions. Fighters should not get title fights coming off of losses.

Well Rogan is wrong again. Stipe got KO'd in the 1st round, not lost a split decision over 5 rounds. Bit of a difference.

Not to mention that MM already has a decisive first round finish against the guy he just barely lost a split to and has the most consecutive title defenses in UFC history. There is no comparison. DJ deserves it way more and we as fans deserve to see the tie breaker.

Stipe should be getting the fight. DC likely wins again from what I saw

But still..
A three fight streak being called a reign always bothered me. Not to mention, the HW division is just a bunch of guys that take turns knocking each other out. I could use a break from the headache of trying to figure out what the hell Stipe just said. Let D.C. get his money and Stipe can fight for a vacant title next summer.

Immediate rematches suck and have helped make a mess of several divisions. Fighters should not get title fights coming off of losses.
I actually agree with champions having to beat someone to get a rematch, but it seems pretty weird to break precedent with Demetrious of all people.

I actually agree with champions having to beat someone to get a rematch, but it seems pretty weird to break precedent with Demetrious of all people.
True, DJ has a better claim on it than many other champs, especially losing such a close split decision. But I actually think the UFC has been slowly and rightly moving away from immediate rematches prior to this fight.

Stipe doesnt deserve a rematch yet ... but if the Brock fight falls thru then why not .....

MM definately deserves a rematch and anyone that suggests otherwise is an asshat lol
Stipe is deserves rematch more than Lesnar deserves a title shot.

True, DJ has a better claim on it than many other champs, especially losing such a close split decision. But I actually think the UFC has been slowly and rightly moving away from immediate rematches prior to this fight.
I guess, but all the long-term champs had already fallen, DJ is pretty much the last of them, almost every other division trades belts around like they're baseball cards.

But your alternative is Lesnar which makes no fucking sense. If you want to play that game then explain how Lesnar deserves the title shot over Stipe? The last official win for Lesnar Barack Obama was in his first presidential term, UFC was on Spike TV, and Conor McGregor was a 3-1 fighter with a bleak future.

Have they really? A couple champs got screwed over in the pursuit of money fights, but there was an immediate rematch on this very card, that the UFC tried to set up multiple times. I don't think they care whether a fight is an immediate rematch or not, they're just chasing money with no consideration to the fighters whatsoever.

Rogan was a complete jack ass tonight

tonight? when has he been any different. it's funny, in real sports they usually have an announcer that has participated before, in this you have a hack comedian whose best years are behind him

tonight? when has he been any different. it's funny, in real sports they usually have an announcer that has participated before, in this you have a hack comedian whose best years are behind him
A lot of announcers are veterans of that sport, but by no means all. Howard Cosell, Bob Costas, Joe Buck were all huge names in sports broadcasting without being athletes.

Back