The Last Guardian Review

This game looked dumb from the beginning. Shitty premise, poor graphics and now shitty game play? Having never touched it, I give it a 3/10 will wait for free PS plus edition.

If it plays like Shadow of the Colossus I'm down. Have yet to play a game as good in the modern era.

If it plays like Shadow of the Colossus I'm down. Have yet to play a game as good in the modern era.
Then you must not be looking. I am as much of a old guy gaming snob as anyone and some great games have come out if you look beyond the AAA fare.

My local Goodwill has 6 sealed copies for some reason. $40 apiece. I'll probably get it when it's $20.

It was fun, in an interesting interactive story kind of way.

Pretty much zero replay value.

I don't get the appeal either, looks terrible, choppy framerate, very little actually engaging gameplay. Doesn't look worth $60

I don't get the appeal either, looks terrible, choppy framerate, very little actually engaging gameplay. Doesn't look worth $60
KR93TA2.gif

Just started last night and the game is amazing. Definitely on par with Shadow of the Colossus and Ico.

That team doesn't make games that are for everyone. For the people who appreciate their other work they'll love Last Guardian.

It was fun, in an interesting interactive story kind of way.

Pretty much zero replay value.

I'm already playing it a 2nd time through. I know I'll beat this game 4x before I'm done with it for good.

The part where you get stuck in the tree is why I hate Japanese Games. They are such autistic fucks. Who would think it's a good idea to make you hang in a tree flopping around like a retarded infant. You can't gain momentum swinging, none of the buttons do anything but make you flop around like a fish. It's so frustrating. I mean you can climb just about anything, but he can't just reach up and un hook himself? Dumb as fuck. They always use video game logic and pretend like we don't notice. They are stuck in the 90's with this shit.

Took me like 20 minutes of flopping before it just saves you automatically. No skill. Just flop around having a siezure.

Over all I'm enjoying it but that part alone lowers the score. I also wish there was a bit more of a story. Not a lot, but something to think about while playing would be nice. For the most part it's been fun, interesting, unique.

Last edited:
Just finished it. I'll give it a 8.0 Would have scored higher but there was to much awkwardness and never any pay off. I never felt accomplished. Even the ending was meh. It was so close to being great but fell short. Just a few more lines of dialogue and a longer ending.

Better than Zelda though.

Pros-
Graphics, atmosphere, sound, stunning views, pretty good variety in terms of gameplay. Your animal side kick is the most realistic looking and acting animal I've seen in a game. It's so unique over all that it does leave more of an effect than normal games. That's why I felt it was on the verge of something great, but it just didn't give it to you.

Cons- controls weren't the worse but got annoying at times. I disliked the ending, especially how they made you click l1, totally killed the mood. I guess they wrapped the story up but i would have liked a little more. After all the hours put in I just would have liked something.

Maybe I just expected a happier more mystical game. But it ended up being kind of depressing and shitty. Even though it was a unique and interesting experience playing.

Last edited:
Back