The Last Dragon 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray was released today

G

Guestx

That's right, no bullshit. The Last Dragon. 30th Anniversary Blu-Ray.

Who's the master?

The Last Dragon is ready to Glow again, brighter than ever, as the 30th Anniversary Blu-ray hits store shelves this Tuesday. To celebrate such a momentous occasion, we have an advanced sneak peek at one of the special features. In this clip, we get to hear screenwriter Louis Venosta and director Michael Schultz talk about the film's origins. And we even learn how Bruce Leroy got his iconic name!

It was the 10th anniversary of Bruce Lee's death and Warner Bros. had re-released Enter the Dragon back into theaters. Screenwriter Louis Venosta had gone to see the movie, and describes the experience as looking exactly like the opening moments of The Last Dragon. There were all these kids of every color and nationality. They were all dressed up in costume and jumping around. The writer took one look at the madness and knew there was a story there. The director, Michael Schultz, agreed with this idea. He wanted to see something that had never been brought to the big screen. Young, beautiful black people set against a heroic element and a lot of humor. Both instantly felt this was a movie that needed to get made. One where the black guy was actually the hero.

The cult classic The Last Dragon is celebrating it's 30th Anniversary with a fully remastered Blu-ray arriving this summer. To usher in this exciting release, we also premiered an exclusive first look at the trailer for Berry Gordy's greatest cinematic achievement. The set comes with all-new bonus materials. And there is a newly-created retrospective looking back at the making of the movie. We also have a sneak peek at the new cover art from acclaimed Mondo gallery artist Gary Pullin.

Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon returns for it's 30th Anniversary, debuting for the first time ever on Blu-ray August 25 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The cult classic has been fully remastered in high definition for Blu-ray and features exciting all-new dynamic packaging art, as well as the featurette "Return of the Dragon," a newly-created retrospective look at the making of the film, featuring new interviews with the cast and crew, including Taimak, Berry Gordy and more! Additional bonus features include commentary by director Michael Schultz and the original theatrical trailer.

http://movieweb.com/last-dragon-30th-anniversary-blu-ray-preview/

onesheet.jpg

Directa you feetza to Daddy Green's Pizza

I loved this movie when I was a kid, along with every other karate and ninja movie that came out in the 80s lol

I remember seeing this movie when I first came to the states

Yep, freshman year...good times

"That's the only man that stands between Sho' and total supremacy!"

Dont care about the haters. Vanity is hot, lead actor was a perfect fit and the villain was comic book style for the time.

I can turn that movie on to any point, here the line, and say the next line.

Sho'nuff, one of the GOAT movie villains.

Dude does not get enough credit. He did achieve the Glow before Bruce Leeroy did after all, so he really wasn't bullshitting about being the master after all!

Sho'nuff, one of the GOAT movie villains.

Dude does not get enough credit. He did achieve the Glow before Bruce Leeroy did after all, so he really wasn't bullshitting about being the master after all!

He wasn't the masta, he was only a great fighter because he could only get the glow in his hands. Remember what Leroy told Laura Charles about that during the car ride to the 7th Heaven studio?

He wasn't the masta, he was only a great fighter because he could only get the glow in his hands. Remember what Leroy told Laura Charles about that during the car ride to the 7th Heaven studio?

Dan Quinn taught Sho Nuff everything he knows about how to throw them hands playa. #FactNotFiction

Back