The lack of respect Jones gets on these boards is disgusting. He is the GOAT

IMO, he is an amazing fighter, but his fans that put everyone else down is what wants me to see him lose. If it weren't for sherdoggers, I would just hope that he gets challenged, wouldn't mind him win or lose.

Last edited:
why can't you guys just like someone? Why does he have to be everyone's unadulterated lord and savior?

That's the problem with the Jones fanbase. We're perfectly fine being butthurt by what Jon does and says, who he beats, how he wins, etc. and the world keeps turning, yet you guys seem so fucking bothered by people not liking him.

We just don't like him. You're free to do so.

Wrong again my man, Jones haters are obsessed with him losing to the point where they come up with fictional matchups that will never happen. Jones haters make all types of excuses like he too big for his division, he pokes people in the eye and he wouldn't be that good without his reach. The truth is Jones fans laugh at the Jones haters everytime they meltdown after another Jones beatdown.

Wrong again my man, Jones haters are obsessed with him losing to the point where they come up with fictional matchups that will never happen. Jones haters make all types of excuses like he too big for his division, he pokes people in the eye and he wouldn't be that good without his reach. The truth is Jones fans laugh at the Jones haters everytime they meltdown after another Jones beatdown.

I do none of that.

Jones haters are used to him winning by now. I know I am.

And the criticism that he's always bigger than his LHW opponents, that he exploits eyepokes, and that he would be less of a fighter with less of a ridiculous reach advantage are all true facts, so I'm not sure why Jones fans take issue with that

He is an amazing fighter. But not a respectable human being at all.

All nice and dandy, except the eye poking part. Jones is a eye sniper.

And the criticism that he's always bigger than his LHW opponents, that he exploits eyepokes, and that he would be less of a fighter with less of a ridiculous reach advantage are all true facts, so I'm not sure why Jones fans take issue with that

Point in case a fact is something that can be proven by science or Indisputable evidence. Sine we have never seen Jones and never will without his reach we will never know how good he would have been. All fighters have God given gifts in some type of way, now using them effectively is a different story.

Point in case a fact is something that can be proven by science or Indisputable evidence. Sine we have never seen Jones and never will without his reach we will never know how good he would have been. All fighters have God given gifts in some type of way, now using them effectively is a different story.

It's officially called a reach advantage, not a reach disadvantage. Fact.

EXPOSED

why does the goat need validation from a buncha neckbeards?

Some of us don't like eye pokes and a lot of people here aren't fond of beating up guys much smaller than you.

why can't you guys just like someone? Why does he have to be everyone's unadulterated lord and savior?

That's the problem with the Jones fanbase. We're perfectly fine being butthurt by what Jon does and says, who he beats, how he wins, etc. and the world keeps turning, yet you guys seem so fucking bothered by people not liking him.

We just don't like him. You're free to do so.

Pretty much. We don't doubt he's a great fighter, we all just think he's an asshole.

He's a great fighter, definately will go down as one of the greats when his career is over, but he's also a giant babby.

I don't care about respect or lack thereof on Sherdog, that's up to each individual. What's disturbing is the rampant and unchecked personal attacks and outright fighter bashing that is allowed to go on on these boards. It seems the mods have just decided to look the other way when it comes to enforcing that rule when it comes to Sherdog's collective hate of Jon Jones.

It's officially called a reach advantage, not a reach disadvantage. Fact.

EXPOSED
Again you have to know how to use it before it can be and advantage. Sometimes being taller can be a disadvantage in fights.

It's pretty hypocritical to call out Jones because he's a genetic freak that bends the rules when you are a Lebron and/or Miami Heat fan.

its a combination of threads and fanboys like these and Jones personality that rubs me the wrong way. i cant stand it.

Again you have to know how to use it before it can be and advantage. Sometimes being taller can be a disadvantage in fights.

Well to his credit he does know how to use it. His fight IQ is insane, unfortunately. And there is truth to the idea that superior length can be a disadvantage in some cases, but what I've noticed is that this only holds true to a point. Jones' length advantage is so great that it exceeds this point. E.g. in close quarters; usually long arms are a disadvantage because it's harder to create the space to throw anything other than arm punch, however Jones' arms are so long that he doesn't even have to bother punching and can instead just essentially dirty box with hellbows. Even though DC is the superior wrestler, Jones always had the advantage in the clinch because getting double underhooks on Jon is actually a bad strategy since you open yourself up to eating hellbows to the head.

Again, even though I think his god-given physical advantages are almost unfair, I do credit him with knowing how to fully exploit them and then doing just that

Back