The 'Korean Zombie' discusses his UFC 163 title bout with Jose Aldo and ...

Broad Blade

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
"Dallas Winston of Bloody Elbow spoke with Jung to discuss his bout with Aldo. Surprisingly, Jung believes that the trick to defeating Aldo isn't to press the action, it's to have a tempered gameplan that forces the champion to wear himself out early in the fight."

More here.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/9/29/4783992/korean-zombie-chan-sung-jung-talks-shoulder-injury-and-aldo-loss

Here's the extended version(sorry just found it)...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/2...ie-on-jose-aldo-loss-shoulder-injury-recovery

Last edited:
I don't think there has never been more shared injuries in a fight between two guys. I'd love to see them fight again.

Dang, 10 months until he returns to the gym, and a couple more months at least before he fights. That's over a year, and since he's going to be out indefintely, he should just go to the service and get it over with imo...

Didn't know he fractured his orbital bone. Out for 10 months daaaaaaamn. In the past 3 years he would have only fought like 3-4 times

Wow, KZ and Aldo nearly killed each other in that octagon.

It sucks for him that his team missed Aldo's swollen foot. Pederneiras was hiding it during the breaks, but they should've seen during the fight, it is their job too....
And it is obvious that it hard to pressure Aldo early on.... you'll get knocked out if you try to do that.

Hope he has a smooth recovery guy deserves it.

It sucks for him that his team missed Aldo's swollen foot. Pederneiras was hiding it during the breaks, but they should've seen during the fight, it is their job too....
And it is obvious that it hard to pressure Aldo early on.... you'll get knocked out if you try to do that.

Agreed. Aldo is most dangerous early. I think the way the fight was going was his best shot til the injury.

two samurais

You mean... besides the fact that the samurai class was created specifically for the purpose of fending off a probable retaliation from a failed invasion of Korea? Yes, he's very much a samurai in that regard.

P.S. Sorry for being a jerkwad, i have to act like a smartass at least once a week.

Back