The key to beating Diego Sanchez...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by eseseses681, Jun 8, 2014.

1. eseseses681

eseseses681 Purple Belt

Diego Sanchez just beat Ross Pearson in a highly controversial decision and it looks like it's gonna be a front-runner for robbery of the year (there's gonna have to be something pretty bad this year to be worse than this). This was yet another notch in Diego's string of controversial victories, yet this one was very reminiscent of a fight which took place almost a year-and-a-half ago: that is, Diego's fight with Takanori Gomi. Gomi and Pearson both spent the entire fight fending off Diego's takedown attempts, outstruck him throughout the entire fight, was never in any trouble from Diego, had Diego backing up almost the entire fight, yet Diego, miraculously, got the victory. Poor judging it may have been, but blaming it entirely on the judges isn't going to do much. At this point, it's just going to have to be accepted that when you outstrike Diego Sanchez for three rounds straight, avoid every bit of offense that he offers, hurt him, and handily win the fight according to the vast majority of this sport's population, you're still going to lose the decision. So, this begs the question: how exactly are you supposed to beat Diego Sanchez? The obvious answer is to finish him, but that's, historically, proven to be difficult. Only one person's been able to finish Diego Sanchez in his 10-year career, and it was due to a cut after almost 24-minutes of fighting. So, if the fight goes to a decision, what's a fighter to do? After about 10 minutes of research, I've figured it out.

In order to beat Diego Sanchez, you either have to rock him at least twice throughout the course of the fight (preferably in separate rounds) or take him down at least twice in the fight (again, preferably over separate rounds). If you look at the list of victories and defeats that Diego's recorded over the past 5-years, you'll notice this trend. BJ Penn rocked Diego twice in the first round of the fight (dropping him in one of them) and I think once or twice more over the next four rounds, in the end getting the victory. John Hathaway rocked Diego twice in two separate rounds in their fight, and he got the victory (he also may've taken him down, but he might not've). Jake Ellenberger took Diego down and dropped him in their fight. Gilbert Melendez rocked Diego, like, three times in their fight (dropping him in the first round). Miles Jury took Diego down in every round of their fight and got the victory. Now, if you look at his victories: Martin Kampmann only dropped Diego once in the fight. Ross Pearson only dropped him once, as well. Paulo Thiago only took Diego down once in their fight. Clay Guida took him down in every round, but in the first round Guida got rocked twice and in the third round it didn't happen until the final minute, and Sanchez countered with some submission attempts, so that canceled them out.

Point being: if you want to earn a decision victory over Diego Sanchez, you either have to take him down or/and rock him at least twice throughout the fight (preferably over two separate rounds, and takedowns are preferable to rocking just cuz' it's more clear-cut), otherwise, even if you're Giorgio Petrosyan with your striking and you spend the entire fight beautifully outlanding Diego and avoiding any and every bit of offense he offers, the judges are going to fall under the spell of Diego Sanchez and give him a decision victory (it's not the judges fault; Diego's just got this magic about him that forces them to give him a decision victory if he hasn't been dropped or taken down twice in the fight).

I downloaded this video in a RAR file, but it's password-protected and when I went back to check if the dude or dudette put up the password and I just missed it, the post got deleted. So I've been using this RAR-cracker program to try and unlock it, and the program takes a long time to use if you have no hints or anything, so it's been over a day-and-a-half and it's still only on 4-digit passwords. I could probably just forget it and whatever, but right now it's a matter of pride; it's me vs. the machine, and I'm not gonna let the machine win. This's gonna take a long time, but it'll all be worth it once I get to see Brooke Shields in Pretty Baby.

2. DrRodentia

DrRodentia Brown Belt

I feel like Pearson did rock him twice in separate rounds.

3. Haloom

Haloom Blue Belt

wat

4. UK_MMA

UK_MMA To the North! Where we do what we want.

Legitimately funny.

5. fight4god

fight4god Green Belt

What's up with the ending.

6. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

this thread has potential. /in.

7. JayElectra

JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

This might be brilliant comedy, but I don't have the heart to read all of that in my drunken state. I hope the best for you and this thread, TS.

8. Zezima

Zezima Brown Belt

The file is probably virus riddled if it's been deleted, and check a text file, you'll probably get sent to survey websites for disappointment.

Also in pretty baby, Brooke shields was a 12 year old child prostitute so why would you be excited to see that?

9. eseseses681

eseseses681 Purple Belt

Because it's effervescent.

10. DownwardStrike

DownwardStrike Purple Belt

Susan Sarandon might be worth it. A pre-pubescent child? Not so much.

11. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

That last paragraph is something else

12. 91 seconds

91 seconds Disposable Hero

The last part has me laughing. Good job intentional or not.

13. JayElectra

JayElectra Paper Belt Banned

Susan Sarandon is still fuckable to this day. Apparently her daughter has a set of tits on her, as well. She was on Californiacation from what I hear. What a family.

Fuck, I just looked up the daughter, Eva Amurri is the name...

That's a pair of tits. Beautiful.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  14. Charlestonboy

Charlestonboy Blue Belt

TL;DR

Just don't fight him in his home town.

15. DanishMMA

DanishMMA White Belt

How many people has actually tried to submit Diego in UFC? Perhaps Stevenson and Penn, but who else?

Diego has never been stopped due to strikes in MMA, or finished in any way.
    But he has been submitted outside of MMA, i don't know if that could be a key to defeat him. Also, he seems slow at lightweight and he's not the fastest welterweight either so a submission don't seem unlikely.

Perhaps that's a key to both defeating and beating Diego Sanchez?

16. RightHooksRus86

RightHooksRus86 Purple Belt

Didnt read all of it, but I think the key to beating Diego is knock him out lol.

17. DanishMMA

DanishMMA White Belt

Home towns are somewhat irrelevant, watch Bisping vs. Hamill or Machida vs. Davis.

Hometown advantage? Not in those 2 fights.

18. DLX

DLX thpinal

Enjoying my athleticism and explosiveness
    The key to beating Diego is to be BJ Penn.

19. DownwardStrike

DownwardStrike Purple Belt

Possibly G.O.A.Tits.

20. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

I think Diego is a good fighter and his style of constant aggression can trick a less informed fan/judge into thinking he is winning a fight when he is actually being technically out performed.

Diego Sanchez will demonstrate the practicability and cost effectiveness of integrating and provisioning service offerings beyond institutional boundaries, either as part of a Shared Service arrangement or through an externally hosted provision, including cloud based services or applications.