Movies The Keep 1983 Michael Mann 4k 35mm

Didn't rate it (the Keep) personally. But Mann is probably my fav director. He is truly an artist. Heat is near perfection as said (but he did have two practice runs at it with Thief and LA Takedown, so that is probably why). As some guy on IMDB says "LA Takedown is not a good movie but shows why they should only remake bad films (better) instead of remaking good films".

Last of the Mohicans is amazing as well and Collateral is another favourite.

Manhunter is unusual but it is very good and you can see Mann is a great director in the making.

I watched Public Enemies without even knowing he did it and was not surprised to find it was one of his. Quite well done too.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in a encoded AVI of this let me know. (not sure how I can share this, thoughts?)
The original file is 37gb so I will be encoding to a more managable size, I might even try upload it to a you tube channel..

I would very much like a copy! Any luck with figuring out how to share it?

It just comes to you. This stuff just flies through the air. They send this information out, I mean it’s just beamed out all over the fucking place, all you have to do is just know how to grab it. See, I know how to grab it.

Saw this on netflix years ago.

It's not bad.

Kinda doesn't really have much direction; just kinda wanders around fantasyland.

Worth watching once, at least.

Wow. I'd love a decent copy of this. The Keep is actually one of my favourite movies of all time. It's an oddity for sure but in spite of its many flaws, just in terms of sheer atmosphere alone it's a classic. Such a shame that the entire production was beset by bad luck and along with Paramount's meddling we never got to see the movie that Mann wanted to make. Still a great movie imo but how much better could it have been is the tragedy.

This is going to be pretty cool that sherbros have something the rest of the world does not. At least for a while.

Make me feel special.

im-special.jpg

EDIT

Last edited:
BUMP
From 37gb to 4.8gb final encode.. quality is still good.. much better than anything available..

Anyone knows how to share 5gb let me know.. I have tried uploading to youtube with no success..

Come on Sherbros.. I'd love to share this out..

Why not just fire it up onto pirate bay or some such site? ;)

EDIT UPDATE - @AgentSmecker @SH2020 @C-H-L @newcastleman @
From 37gb to 4.8gb final encode.. quality is still good.. much better than anything available..

1080 @25fps 7900b/s

Anyone knows how to share 5gb let me know.. I have tried uploading to youtube with no success..

Come on Sherbros.. I'd love to share this out.. my christmas gift to you movie lovers..

Drop me a DM if you know a good way to fileshare..

Encoded version
View attachment 821506

Been able to track down a 4k print of this movie, the 4k print is raw and taken from 35mm movie reel, the quailty is better than anything released, this movie is only available with dodgy VHS and DVD prints, panned and scanned, low res etc..
Heres some pictures I grabbed.. its glorious..
I know a few film buffs here should like this.
@HughPhug @HenryFlower @sweetviolenturg
View attachment 813907 View attachment 813908 View attachment 813909 View attachment 813910 View attachment 813911

Wow. The print you found looks brilliant. I wish I knew how to download/watch it on my 4K television. That would be awesome to see. I remember when I went to see THE KEEP back on opening day here in the States back in 1983 ( or was it '84? ) & although it strayed very far from the F. Paul Wilson novel, I loved it. I think I watched it one more time after that but it was such a disappointing muddy, pan & scanned print that I never bothered watching it again. I'd love for some company to release it as an official Blu-ray or better yet, a 4K disc in its proper aspect ratio.

eDIT

Attachments

• original.JPG
    original.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
its never gonna be released as theres loads of licensing issues and mann has disowned it, and I'm not surprised to see you in here @sweetviolenturg ! strange thing is,i was going through my books for something to read,and i did look at the book!

View attachment 821532

Thats the print I got.. took a whole week to download from the source link I got.. I have encoded it down to 1080 and 4.8gb..

I would love to share it with you, just need a safe way to sort it..

I've wanted a good copy of this for so many years I'll even PayPal you some cash if you could stick it on a flash drive and post it to me but hopefully we can figure out a faster and easier way than that.

i would love a physical copy of this.

Heat and collateral are two fucking good movies, probably both in my top 10. Say what you want about Tom cruise but he was a fucking badass in collateral.

Hey ive been searching for this for go knows how long. Id be alright with the full 37gb if you can bothered uploading it!

But the 4.8gig version would be great to see if you can spare a link?

thanks!

Back