The Just Bleed Myth.

A lot of the older fans who were here since the first UFC or Pride days get called "just bleed" fans.

People who like moves or fighters who use moves that would be more effective/practical in actual combat also get called "just bleed"

People who like to see Heavyweights because they like to LITERALLY the best fighters in the world, get called just bleed fans.

People who prefer the stand up get called "just bleed" and I couldn't believe it, but recently I got called a "Just Bleed" fan for being a fan of Shinya Aoki, Immanari, and Palhares.

It's come to my attention people don't know what a "Just Bleed" fan is anymore. The buzzword gets thrown around so much it lost its meaning.

A just bleed fan ORIGINALLY was an idiot who just wants to see two guys trade punches via brawling and blood splatter everywhere. Preferably two fat Tank Abott type of fighters.

Disliking point fighters, preferring to watch the biggest and the best, and liking finishes because it shows MARTIAL ABILITY doesn't make you a just bleed. Neither does making the judging fair make you a "Just Bleed" fan.

How the hell is it just bleed to want a striker to win the round when he layed an ass whooping for 4:30 of the round and lost it to a flimsy takedown? That's just wanting fair judging.

A just bleed fan is a guy who thinks he can beat up Mighty Mouse just because he is bigger than him.

A guy who understands that the little guys put on great fights but still prefers Heavyweights to watch the best in the world (none of that p4p theoretical stuff included) is not a Just Bleed fan.

I think by the year 2020, the mma hipsters are going to call everyone who doesn't like lay and pray "fights" by 100 pound females wearing head gear and shin pads, a JUST BLEED FAN.

The way the "fans" are treating (Mixed "Martial Arts") in a few years, even guys who are fans of GSP will be considered "Just Bleed losers" who supposedly don't understand the sport if things keep going this way.

There, it's off my chest. And bring back soccer kicks and knees to the head.

100% agreed.

It's not a myth.
The Okami and Shields cuts demonstrate is not a myht.
The excessive use of the neo-terms LnP, wall & stall, etc...in this forum demonstrate is not a myth.
The faces and attitude of lot of people in the audience in UFC events demonstrate is not a myth.
The way UFC promote their events definitely demonstrate is not a myth.

You would be weird if you didn't enjoy that GIF. Those guys are hilariously stereotypical just-bleed rednecks.

Those guys have had a bit much to drink and are overly enthusiastic, hardly traits limited to poor rural whites.

I suspect you are using the term redneck because it is the last demographic group that can be stereotyped and smeared without being called out on it.

Those guys have had a bit much to drink and are overly enthusiastic, hardly traits limited to poor rural whites.

I suspect you are using the term redneck because it is the last demographic group that can be stereotyped and smeared without being called out on it.

Hipsters can, too.

A lot of the older fans who were here since the first UFC or Pride days get called "just bleed" fans.

People who like moves or fighters who use moves that would be more effective/practical in actual combat also get called "just bleed"

People who like to see Heavyweights because they like to LITERALLY the best fighters in the world, get called just bleed fans.

People who prefer the stand up get called "just bleed" and I couldn't believe it, but recently I got called a "Just Bleed" fan for being a fan of Shinya Aoki, Immanari, and Palhares.

It's come to my attention people don't know what a "Just Bleed" fan is anymore. The buzzword gets thrown around so much it lost its meaning.

A just bleed fan ORIGINALLY was an idiot who just wants to see two guys trade punches via brawling and blood splatter everywhere. Preferably two fat Tank Abott type of fighters.

Disliking point fighters, preferring to watch the biggest and the best, and liking finishes because it shows MARTIAL ABILITY doesn't make you a just bleed. Neither does making the judging fair make you a "Just Bleed" fan.

How the hell is it just bleed to want a striker to win the round when he layed an ass whooping for 4:30 of the round and lost it to a flimsy takedown? That's just wanting fair judging.

A just bleed fan is a guy who thinks he can beat up Mighty Mouse just because he is bigger than him.

A guy who understands that the little guys put on great fights but still prefers Heavyweights to watch the best in the world (none of that p4p theoretical stuff included) is not a Just Bleed fan.

I think by the year 2020, the mma hipsters are going to call everyone who doesn't like lay and pray "fights" by 100 pound females wearing head gear and shin pads, a JUST BLEED FAN.

The way the "fans" are treating (Mixed "Martial Arts") in a few years, even guys who are fans of GSP will be considered "Just Bleed losers" who supposedly don't understand the sport if things keep going this way.

There, it's off my chest. And bring back soccer kicks and knees to the head.

ive been a fan since day one, so you can call me a "just bleed" fan all you want. i still love to see a good ol brawl. entertain me dammit. to be honest, the non "just bleed" fans seem kinda gay

these are the people who watch mma when there happens to be no WWE airing

what about crackers, honkies and indians? you can name a pro team after a native american slur.

tl;dr
yckaicO.gif

what about crackers, honkies and indians? you can name a pro team after a native american slur.

1. No, you really cannot do that anymore. You could do that eighty years ago. The most a team could do in the current political climate is refuse to change a brand they have carried for nearly a century.

2. Did it ever occur to you that the plethora of American sports teams named according to an American Indian motif are doing so because they respect the reputation of said Indians for being tough warriors? Sorta like Vikings or Celtics in that way.

1. No, you really cannot do that anymore. You could do that eighty years ago. The most a team could do in the current political climate is refuse to change a brand they have carried for nearly a century.

2. Did it ever occur to you that the plethora of American sports teams named according to an American Indian motif are doing so because they respect the reputation of said Indians for being tough warriors? Sorta like Vikings or Celtics in that way.

The first point's a good one.

The second point is irrelevant. You're not respecting someone by doing something, as soon as they make it clear that they do not feel respected by your actions.

The second point is irrelevant. You're not respecting someone by doing something, as soon as they make it clear that they do not feel respected by your actions.

Bullshit. Your feelings do not assign meaning to my intentions. Using a cultural legacy in the manner I see fit might make me an asshole, but using your own sensitivity to control others is being just as much an asshole.

As an aside, I wonder how disrespected these guys felt?

4196.jpeg

ive never met a viking before.(lol) but if they were calle the washington blackskins, no one would be saying "respect"

Bullshit. Your feelings do not assign meaning to my intentions. Using a cultural legacy in the manner I see fit might make me an asshole, but using your own sensitivity to control others is being just as much an asshole.

4196.jpeg

if you're stupid thats no ones fault but yours, doesnt make it ok to (continuously) disrespect another race. and those guys in the pic are jackasses

if you're stupid thats no ones fault but yours, doesnt make it ok to (continuously) disrespect another race. and those guys in the pic are jackasses

Those jackasses are decorated war veterans from the famed unit of marine Navajo Code Talkers.

And you presume to lecture others about disrespect?

4196.jpeg

Well done for finding a picture of a couple of Native American who support the Redskins.

Here's a study suggesting that 67% of Native Americans find the name racist: http://cips.csusb.edu/docs/PressRelease.pdf

Here's the problem with your hilariously defective argument 'your feelings do not assign meaning to my intentions.' Your intentions do not simply occur and cease forever. In the case of naming a team, and keeping the name- This is in all respects a continuing action. Before such a time as you are aware that your actions are offensive, you could purport to have 'clean' intentions. Even honourable intentions.

However, at each juncture where you receive new information, and you continue the original act, you are acting with new intentions. Your original intentions ARE NOW irrelevant. These new intentions in this case would be "I intend to continue my traditions, at the expense of your offence." As you correctly stated, this makes you an asshole.

That may explain why there are no teams called Blacksins, no?

thats my point. thats because there isnt that many native americans left. when was the last you saw a navtive american family at the mall. its the only race you can say shit like that about. the cleavland indians are the worst. they're the indians, which we all know is wrong and disrespectful, and their logo is a man with very deep red skin and a feather in his hair. it just that no one gives a fuck. i think its disrespectful and i dont even give a fuck

Back