The judging at Bellator is awesome

Hopefully this judging continues on. As has been mentioned stalling should not negate the other guy landing some good strikes. If one guy just leans on the other guy for 4 minutes and the other minute features the other fighting landing some clean strikes. Then the second fighter should win that round. Control is rewarded to highly, its a fight, damage done is what matters.

can't believe Mo lost, he beat Mousasi the same way in Strikeforce for the title :(

even looks the same after the fight

gegard-mo-stats.jpg

A lot of Moussasi's ground strikes were pitter patter from the bottom. Seeing the fight and seeing the stats are two completely different things. Also, just showing the damage on a fighters face doesn't prove a thing.

Close enough on the cards to go either way, but Rampage busted him up a bit standing and inflicted more damage, while Mo did little with his takedowns and positional dominance, so I'm glad Rampage was given the win.

an example of MMA scoring that Pride fans can be proud of :D

No it doesn't. I can swing wildly at a pro fighter and one punch is bound to land. Maybe even leave a mark on him. I'll never take him down, though.

A TD is much harder to accomplish than a mark on someone's face.

1313262130041.jpg

If Mo had won, had anyone really believed he had a chance against Newton, after soundly beating him twice? I for sure don't want to see that fight again.

If this was in the UFC, all we'd be hearing about is why Rampage would have won with "Pride Rules"

Because certainly Mo did exactly 0 grams of damage.

Hopefully this judging continues on. As has been mentioned stalling should not negate the other guy landing some good strikes. If one guy just leans on the other guy for 4 minutes and the other minute features the other fighting landing some clean strikes. Then the second fighter should win that round. Control is rewarded to highly, its a fight, damage done is what matters.

Page landed only one clean left hook....the rest of the round he wiffed at air. how does landing one decent punch (that didn't even rock MO) win you a round when you spent 2 minutes on your back and had your back taken. i think people need to watch round three again.

If Mo had won, had anyone really believed he had a chance against Newton, after soundly beating him twice? I for sure don't want to see that fight again.

hell NO i didn't want to see that fight again. but that doesn't change the decision.....does it?

king mo did nothing with his takedowns! nothing!

rampage did all the damage! this is a fight not a wrestling match

all mma fights should be judged this way

king mo did nothing with his takedowns! nothing!

rampage did all the damage! this is a fight not a wrestling match

all mma fights should be judged this way

That sums it up. Wrestling is like footwork, its only a means to position yourself better. Wrestling with no GnP/submissions is like sitting on the toilet and not taking a shit.

A cut and some swelling around it? Holy fuck, that's has never been seen in MMA before. It's almost as if they were in a fight!

I guess Shields and Condit beat GSP after all.

Yah I mean I probably would be ok if GSP was never allowed to earn better than a draw with his bullshit. Shields and Condit did both beat him up. Shields! Lol

QFT. Everyone needs to read the judging criteria and then post here.

Here you go:

Judges shall use a sliding scale and recognize the length of time the fighters are either standing or on the ground, as follows:
if the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round on the canvas, then:
Effective grappling is weighed first; and
Effective striking is then weighed
If the mixed martial artists spent a majority of a round standing, then:
Effective striking is weighed first; and
Effective grappling is then weighed

The majority of the fight was spent standing... Rampage won all exchanges on the feet. He wins the round and fight.

That sums it up. Wrestling is like footwork, its only a means to position yourself better. Wrestling with no GnP/submissions is like sitting on the toilet and not taking a shit.

lol hilariously well put. i second your motion :icon_lol:

I'm not sure how much it's got to do with Bellator, but I agree, the judging was refreshingly great.

Nice metaphor. Mind if I quote you in my sig? Lol

Why should trying to wrestlefuck and stall/avoid a fight earn a victory? If your leaning on a dude against the cage for more than 5-10 seconds you should start losing points. Rampage was hurting Mo almost every second that Mo wasn't trying to stall

while I share your taste, you gotta think that this is not a back alley fight.
This is a sport, with rules.

Rampage is/was a wrestler. he should have known better how to avoid getting pinned like that.
I put the blame on the fighter who doesn't train to free himself and instead count on the referee to "save" him.

well, put it this way:
If you win by not allowing the other fighter to shit, by sitting in the toilet gives you (toilet) control.

The blame is on the other fighter who did not know how to take you out of the toilet sit.

So glad stalling wasn't rewarded, Mo did everything in his power to avoid the fight.

Back