The judging at Bellator is awesome

yes totally agree. The judging was way more realistic and common sense than the bs stalling and takedowns that most judges seem to love

After the winner's announcement I was like:

giphy.gif

At the same time, it's been a while since I saw judges not favoring wrestlers only based on takedowns. Rampage did enough to win in my opinion.

This is how the judging should have been since day 1.

One solid punch to the face should be worth more than a guy leaning against a guy on a cage and doing nothing.

A couple decent shots should be worth more than a takedown that you do absolutely nothing with.

I applaud the judging there. We're just too used to the shit judging we see in UFC where lay and pray gets the win 99% of the time.

can't believe Mo lost, he beat Mousasi the same way in Strikeforce for the title :(

even looks the same after the fight

gegard-mo-stats.jpg

lol, unfortunately fans seem to be as stupid as the judges these days. They have been brainwashed to think hugging a man means more than punching him in the face.

Cage control wins fights. Not damage. The end. King Mo controlled rampage more, he should've won

Great, controlling someone. That's awesome. Oh wait, no its not, its boring and it sucks. Its fight, come to do damage.

Like it or not, it's part of MMA. It's a sport, therefore it should be awarded. If you don't like it, watch boxing. The Alvarodo-Marquez fight had some great damage, so there you go.

can't believe Mo lost, he beat Mousasi the same way in Strikeforce for the title :(

even looks the same after the fight

gegard-mo-stats.jpg

The problem with this is that it doesn't take into account that most of Gegard's strikes were pitter patter shots while laying on his back like an overturned turtle who can't get back to its feet. Mo landed better shots on top of completely dominating the grappling. It was not a close fight. Mousasi hit him with a shots in the 2nd that closed his eye. That's why he won that round. It doesn't win him the fight.

newpicturek.jpg

Cage control wins fights. Not damage. The end. King Mo controlled rampage more, he should've won

Lol evidently "cage control" didn't win this fight. Why would you even want it to? Fights should have fighting

I don't know about that. I'd say the control was almost equal, wouldn't you?
Mo controlled Rampage by leaning on him.
Rampage controlled Mo by stalking him down throwing punches while Mo ran away.

But Mo took Rampage down (twice? in that third round). A TD is more controlling that following someone looking for a shot. Mo definitely controlled Rampage more in that fight.

Like it or not, it's part of MMA. It's a sport, therefore it should be awarded. If you don't like it, watch boxing. The Alvarodo-Marquez fight had some great damage, so there you go.

Ability to damage shows far more dominance than clinching up, or trying to wrap someone up and hold them. Ill take damage everytime for the win.

Lol evidently "cage control" didn't win this fight. Why would you even want it to? Fights should have fighting

because part of fighting is holding your opponent into a wall and stopping him from hurting you. it's the ultimate pacifist martial art

QFT. Everyone needs to read the judging criteria and then post here.

by running away, king mo is actually controlling rampage by forcing him to follow and miss punches. excellent control was exhibited by king mo throughout the fight.

because part of fighting is holding your opponent into a wall and stopping him from hurting you. it's the ultimate pacifist martial art

Lol pretty sure the absence of fighting does not equal fighting

Ability to damage shows far more dominance than clinching up, or trying to wrap someone up and hold them. Ill take damage everytime for the win.

No it doesn't. I can swing wildly at a pro fighter and one punch is bound to land. Maybe even leave a mark on him. I'll never take him down, though.

A TD is much harder to accomplish than a mark on someone's face.

if you're in top position, you're winning, no matter how boring and slow it is. These judges aren't adhering to the unified rules of mma!

but the majority of the fight consisted of them both standing, with Mo being punched in his face? Mo landed take downs...& Rampage continuously got up...& ya know, punched Mo in his face...

Back