The Jones vs Cormier fight is somewhat Ali vs Foreman of our time

KR811**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There are many similarities leading up to both of the fights.

Jones is arguably one of the greatest of all time. He's undefeated (if you discount the stupid 12-6 DQ) and has beaten the best. Talks trash and trolls and He is absolutely hated by a significant portion of fans. Ali was the same except he had 2 losses, talked better trash.

Cormier is undefeated. "Humble and respectful" most of the time. And the people who hate Jones want him to win. Foreman was the same. Foreman was pro-American while Ali supported civil rights which drove many Ali haters to support Foreman.

Both fights were hyped up the max.

Foreman was thought unstoppable and Ali would be another victim. There are those that think DC will win. Comparison is false

Unlike Ali, Jones aint gonna pull this off.
Comparsion is false.

Foreman's personality wasn't that much like Cormier's. It's true he was a bit quiet, but he came across as aloof and hostile. Cormier is way friendlier, but also is gotten to easier.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Jones' trash talk nothing to compare to Ali.
Cormier is going to win, even the "pro's pick" section believes this almost 2-1.

Ali/Foreman was on national television, not PPV.

There are many similarities leading up to both of the fights.

Jones is arguably one of the greatest of all time. He's undefeated (if you discount the stupid 12-6 DQ) and has beaten the best. Talks trash and trolls and He is absolutely hated by a significant portion of fans. Ali was the same except he had 2 losses, talked better trash.

Cormier is undefeated. "Humble and respectful" most of the time. And the people who hate Jones want him to win. Foreman was the same. Foreman was pro-American while Ali supported civil rights which drove many Ali haters to support Foreman.

Both fights were hyped up the max.

Jesus, I don't get this at all. On the other hand, I have compared it to Ali/Frazier I (not so much based on personalities but rather respective divisional positions, physical attributes, fighting styles, etc.)

Edit:
Ali fights frasier on talk show: http://youtu.be/H4UE_Z4pMNE

more like Ali/Frazier if anything. Both undefeated too

you fucker!

why keep comparing jones as ali? he doesn't deserve it yet

White belt, you need alot more than a few paragraphs to merge the build-up to these fights.

The only real comparison I see is Ali/ Jones are tall and lanky. Foreman/Cormier are short and stocky.

More like Semmy vs anyone. Everyone wants him to lose, And the more technical fighter to win, but he is just too big, and crushes everyone.

Foreman was a killer with arguably the best KO power, who finished Joe Frazier in like 3 rounds, while Ali went to wars with Frazier. Cormier is a great fighter, but he doesn't have that awe-inspiring stopping power that Foreman had. If Cormier was finishing everyone in the 1st round and just went through Gustafsson, this comparison would be more apt.

Please TS. This is nothing like Ali/Foreman in any way.

Foreman had just destroyed the champion, knocking Frazier down 6 times in two rounds. Then he brutalized Ken Norton. Foreman was surly and mean. Believed unbeatable.

Ali was the only talker and his trash was on a completely different level than Jones will ever reach. Ali coined the timeless phrase in his trash talk for that bout "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see."

This is nothing like that and neither man has any of the aura of those two in that era.

And people don't think this about Cormier?

No TS. Just stop, please. It's clear you know nothing of the fight.

Do yourself a favor, and I mean this seriously, watch the movie "When We Were Kings". It is a documentary of the fight and the time leading up to it. Great watch. After you watch it, you won't think this fight is anything like that one.

I said somewhat like Ali vs Foreman

Also isn't Cormier's wrestling proven to be unstoppable? Even Velasquez says his wrestling is better.

Man, you definitely don't understand anything about fights, boxing, MMA or whatever. Please shut up

Back