1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The Jones/DC "hype" has rendered the fight meaningless

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by spid3yo, Jan 2, 2015.

1. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Regardless of what actually happens in this fight, we will be getting an instant rematch.

It's the UFC's go-to move even when fans don't want one. This isn't any other sport where wins/losses actually mean something. Matches are made at the discretion of the company with the ultimate goal being lets make the most money and get the most attention on the product.

The only possible way that these 2 don't fight again is if one of them retires after the fight.

So buckle up casuals, because we are in for another 6 months of this.

2. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

If Jones beats him convincingly, how in the hell are they gonna sell a rematch?

That's like Silva beating Chael from pillar to post in the first fight, and trying to sell a rematch. Not even Chael's mouth could get the interest high enough.

3. cOugAr_LIbRe_85

cOugAr_LIbRe_85 Brown Belt

Well, they made Lawler v Hendricks III so I wouldn't put it past them. But I think the winner of gus v rumble gets next

4. Tsar

Tsar Brown Belt

you don't make the case that the fight is meaningless.

5. Degen Gambler

Degen Gambler Silver Belt

Then don't watch it

6. thehench

thehench White Belt

It's funny how Jones talks about what he is going to do in the octagon. His opponents always talk about his personality.

And still.

7. Meaningless...like this thread.

8. Graniteeyed

Graniteeyed How is my avatar actually better than yours?

The only way they'll rematch is if DC wins and even then it's not a sure thing. It also partially depends on the winner of Gus and AJ.

So, basically, no.

9. Zap

Zap It's clobberin' time.

Ts doesn't know the definition of the word meaningless.

10. faustian

faustian I'M NOT A MONSTER Platinum Member

I think TS realizes this isn't gonna happen

11. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Then what's the point? They are going to fight again for the title in 6 months, it doesn't matter who wins.

Instead of making shit up lets use a real example like Barao getting his ass kicked and still getting a rematch. He's not even a fraction the draw Jones/DC are.

12. Zap

Zap It's clobberin' time.

The point is, of course the outcome matters. Do you think for one second that both of these guys wants to lose to the other? If they do get another shot at one another then there is a possibility that one of these guys loses two in a row and that definitely matters.