1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

The Jim Jeffrey/Syria Story that got 0 coverage

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by tinker_190, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Sherbros what is this?

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/...numbers-praises-trumps-mideast-record/170012/
    Thoughts on this? Is this what is labeled the “deep state”? Someone acting on the interests of the Military Industrial Complex instead of the duly elected official?

How did this story get no traction?

EyeOfNewt likes this.
  2. Red Dragoniop LITT ROMNEY

jeffrey epstein didn't kill himself

3. thehighking Silver Belt

Smells like propaganda

4. Natural Order Cosmic Alpha

I would assume Donald’s complete ignorance on a myriad of American interests were treated in similar fashion. (ie doing the opposite of what Trump thought because, well, Drumpf).

5. Go on

6. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

Two things come to mind regarding Ambassador Jeffrey:

Highly unusual that an FSO would serve four tours within one county. Why was he granted four tours to Turkey?

Also, it's shit like this that makes Presidents hesitant to assign FSOs to important ambassadorships. This is why we have "business partners", "bundlers" and former college friends serving as ambassdors around the world.

7. What is an FSO?

8. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

Foreign Service Officer.

A career employee within the State Department.

9. EyeOfNewt Banned Banned

To me it seems like despite that Trump was elected president, he never got the full cooperation of his staff and agencies under him. Trump wanted to pull out and the neo cons wanted to get more involved instead. I believe that’s why he fired John Bolton, because the guy was pushing for a war with Iran.

10. Ophydian Silver Belt

Or maybe everyone who wasn’t a sick twisted Trump drone knew he was dangerous due to his lack of preparation. But you are probably right, I mean who’d think a 4 time bankrupt business man who squander his inheritance wouldn’t be capable of handling the office of the presidency?

You.

I like how you focus on Bolton but forget that every retired General who worked for Trump has basically said he’s a national security risk.

11. moosaev Black Belt

I find it funny that you’re willing to write off all/most FSOs after one example of potential shadiness when there is a Mt.Everest sized list of fuckups from Presidential buddies being given a top ambassador post. It’s usually a good idea to give ambassadorships to people who actually know the countries and have some experience in diplomacy.

However, FSOs that are caught blatantly lying to the chain of command should be fired and black listed. They’re unelected officials, they have no right to free style on policy.

12. Fluffernutter Gold Belt

I did not write off FSOs. Rather, I pointed out that Ambassador Jeffrey will be used as an example as to why future presidents will appoint their golfing buddy over an FSO with 30 years of experience to ambassadorships.

I agree that it's a good idea to appoint ambassadors that know the region (if not country) that they are appointed to.

I'm an advocate of nominating an FSO to SecState. As of yet, we haven't had one. The closest we have had was Kerry being a child of a former FSO. Biden has bounced the name of Tony Blinken as a potential SecState. Both Tony and his wife were FSOs.

I agree that those that blatantly lie should be held accountable. However, they don't need to lie because one of the most prestigious award in the State Department is the "dissension cable of the year" award. If you disagree with your chain of command, write a dissension cable.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020