The Jackal to end the Donaire reign in June?

I think Rigo is too smart for Donaire.

But I also thought Moreno would be able to beat Mares so who knows.

So did Robert Guerrero.

38:46

I have a very hard time seeing Rigondeaux lose this fight, actually.

What fight? against Donaire? Look more and watch more of rigo! Then watch more of Donaire! Easy fight for donaire!!

I think Rigo is too smart for Donaire.

But I also thought Moreno would be able to beat Mares so who knows.

How old was Rigo? Did he made the Big time money yet! How many fights did he had now? Not too smart for me! If he's smart he should be fighting more & built his legacy.

What fight? against Donaire? Look more and watch more of rigo! Then watch more of Donaire! Easy fight for donaire!!

Your opinion wouldn't have anything to do with Donaire being a Pinoy, would it?

How old was Rigo? Did he made the Big time money yet! How many fights did he had now? Not too smart for me! If he's smart he should be fighting more & built his legacy.

243 reported Amateur fights recorded enough for you? Some say his actual number of fights is nearly 400.

Legacy? How about 2 consecutive gold medals in the Olympics, and being considered by many as one of the best amateurs of all time?

Money? If money dictated who the better fighter is then the issue of Mayweather vs Pacquiao should have been settled ages ago.

????

Then why is Bob Arum avoiding him like the plague?

If your looking at age then you may have point, Rigo isnt exactly a young buck but isnt washed up like Arce and Montiel either, theyre going to continue to avoid Rigo in hopes of him getting older while Donaire continues to improve

????

Then why is Bob Arum avoiding him like the plague?

If your looking at age then you may have point, Rigo isnt exactly a young buck but isnt washed up like Arce and Montiel either, theyre going to continue to avoid Rigo in hopes of him getting older while Donaire continues to improve

Avoiding??? When did rigo becomes Pro? He's already next even with his Pathetic record!

243 reported Amateur fights recorded enough for you? Some say his actual number of fights is nearly 400.

Legacy? How about 2 consecutive gold medals in the Olympics, and being considered by many as one of the best amateurs of all time?

Money? If money dictated who the better fighter is then the issue of Mayweather vs Pacquiao should have been settled ages ago.

So what its the Problem? He's already next on the line to be executed by Donaire! BUt why he cant fight 4 or 3 times a year so he build his fan base? He's lucky Donaire ran out of worthy opponent in his weight class! Now he's next! He better be there by fight night!

People keep bringing up the Marroquin fight. You guys do remember that Rigo dropped him twice, including a near-finish in the last round, and basically made him look like an amateur for ten of twelve rounds?

Guillermo had his hands down half the time; he underestimated Robert and still wound up spanking him.

He's not underestimating Donaire.

the fact that rigondeaux gets hurt with any power punch that lands flush ?

That's a common trait among humans.

Donaire has simply not fought a young, strong, sizable opponenet since Darchinyan. Rigo will be the first in a while. If he does well with Rigo, I will give him credit. However I am not impressed with KOing little Monteil like everyone else seemed to be awed by, or any other average opponents he ran through.

That's a common trait among humans.

Donaire has simply not fought a young, strong, sizable opponenet since Darchinyan.

yep , average humans , not elite boxers .

the guy's chin is pretty suspect , and if someone like marroquin can put you on queer street , you're definitely in for a hard night against donaire .

also rigo looked bad against the only " world-level " opponent he faced ( cordoba )

yep , average humans , not elite boxers .

the guy's chin is pretty suspect , and if someone like marroquin can put you on queer street , you're definitely in for a hard night against donaire .

also rigo looked bad against the only " world-level " opponent he faced ( cordoba )

I just think Donaire is being put on a pedestal without really doing that much. People had him 3rd p4p after the Montiel fight. Is he a better fighter than Rigo? Probably. But he's not gonna run through him like he has his last several opponents. This will be a real match, not a farce like the Arce fight or a total non threat like Nishioka.

The Jackal is too quick, too good a boxer for Donaire.
I think he would stop Donaire late.

People keep bringing up the Marroquin fight. You guys do remember that Rigo dropped him twice, including a near-finish in the last round, and basically made him look like an amateur for ten of twelve rounds?

Guillermo had his hands down half the time; he underestimated Robert and still wound up spanking him.

He's not underestimating Donaire.

This. It is the mark of a boxing newbie when they believe getting dropped means that you're a scrub who can't contend for a title. Or perhaps dominant champions like Floyd have spoiled boxing fans. It wasn't like Marroquin didn't get smashed anyway.

This. It is the mark of a boxing newbie when they believe getting dropped means that you're a scrub who can't contend for a title. Or perhaps dominant champions like Floyd have spoiled boxing fans. It wasn't like Marroquin didn't get smashed anyway.

who said this ? getting easily dropped / hurt means you're in for a bad night against a hard puncher like donaire , nobody said rigo is a scrub
I just think Donaire is being put on a pedestal without really doing that much. People had him 3rd p4p after the Montiel fight. Is he a better fighter than Rigo? Probably. But he's not gonna run through him like he has his last several opponents. This will be a real match, not a farce like the Arce fight or a total non threat like Nishioka.

he did enough to be more highly regarded than rigo , but for some reason some people are picking the later to beat donaire .

i like rigo , but as it stands now, his best win is a hard fought Split decision ( iwhere he visited the canvas ) against a fringe titlist

he did enough to be more highly regarded than rigo ,

But has he ACTUALLY done enough to be more highly regarded or is he just more popular?

Rigondeaux has fought a lot of quality fighters in his short pro career.

But has he ACTUALLY done enough to be more highly regarded or is he just more popular?

Rigondeaux has fought a lot of quality fighters in his short pro career.

he did .
it's funny how P4P ranked fighter are held to such high standards .

rico ramos + cordoba = QUALITY FIGHTERS
nishioka + montiel + vasquez + darchinyan + tyson marquez + Mthalane = BUMS

if donaire beats rigo , it won't even be his best win ( so far )

Back