The IT Crowd

• Thread starter Deleted member 499399
  • Start date
I love the dinner party when everyone goes on about 'who's a pedophile,' and going to see that play named GAY.
It would be in my top 5 all-time greatest comedies. And i really fancy Jen too!

Green Wing is good too, one of the characters is imo one of the greatest ever tv characters, here he is!

When it comes to British comedy I prefer People Just Do Nothing (also on Netflix) and The Inbetweeners (not on Netflix, at least in Canada)

I’m going to check it out soon enough, seen 1 episode a few years ago; I liked Berry’s Toast of London and Merenghi’s Dark Place.

PastVagueFish-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_mw0epxPdWQ1rv3w77o4_r3_250.gifv

Last edited:
I wasn't sure The IT Crowd would travel outside of the UK (and Australia too but that goes without saying; Australia is just a big council estate by the sea); it's cool to hear that it does.
Try Peep Show and The Mighty Boosh too, they're my personal favourites.

Mr Denholm is my favourite character from the show but he was killed off when he jumped out a window.

The first bit that he talks about is my favourite.

Yep Peep Show is a real classic too, every season in fact. Then of course there are the first 6 seasons of Red Dwarf.

My favourite comedy of all-time is the old series The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. It was quite unusual in it's day.
Disillusioned after a long career at Sunshine Desserts, Perrin goes through a mid-life crisis and fakes his own death. Returning in disguise after various attempts at finding a 'new life', he gets his old job back and finds nothing has changed. He is eventually found out, and in the second series has success with a chain of shops selling useless junk. That becomes so successful that he feels he has created a monster and decides to destroy it. In the third and final series he has a dream of forming a commune which his long suffering colleagues help bring to reality. Unfortunately that also fails and he finds himself back in a job not unlike the one he originally had at Sunshine Desserts.

Nighty Night is fucking great and dark.
The Royale Family is so funny coz so much of the humour is true to life.

Yep Peep Show is a real classic too, every season in fact. Then of course there are the first 6 seasons of Red Dwarf.

My favourite comedy of all-time is the old series The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin. It was quite unusual in it's day.
Disillusioned after a long career at Sunshine Desserts, Perrin goes through a mid-life crisis and fakes his own death. Returning in disguise after various attempts at finding a 'new life', he gets his old job back and finds nothing has changed. He is eventually found out, and in the second series has success with a chain of shops selling useless junk. That becomes so successful that he feels he has created a monster and decides to destroy it. In the third and final series he has a dream of forming a commune which his long suffering colleagues help bring to reality. Unfortunately that also fails and he finds himself back in a job not unlike the one he originally had at Sunshine Desserts.

Nighty Night is fucking great and dark.
The Royale Family is so funny coz so much of the humour is true to life.
Perrin was brilliant in it's understanding of some elements of life and human nature; and very funny too.
I'll throw Fawlty Towers in the mix too in case anyone hasn't seen it (it's only 12 episodes and well deserves its classic status IMO). The others you mention are special in their own right too.

I also love The League of Gentleman (probably in my top 3 with Boosh and Peep Show).

Has anyone watched this? I’m not sure if this show is popular but I’d never heard of it until I recently saw it on Netflix. I’m half way through season 2 and it’s farting hilarious.
It’s smart humor but silly. There are English accents but I never have a hard time following them or understanding a word. If you haven’t seen it check it out.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487831/?ref_=vi_close

It's a modern classic. You should also give Father Ted a go. Fucking hilarious too.

I didn't like the first series where everything pretty much happens in one room, but after that I loved it.

If you've never seen Father Ted then that's by the same writer and a very similar kind of humour, so you'd likely enjoy it.

"I thought you said you were from Iran!"

Back