The issue with USADA

Lol USADA is merely a hedge in case someone dies or gets injured in a fight. The UFC is not interested in clean fighters, nor are 99% of the fans. TS fails to acknowledge how the business works

The problem is that some can ,some can’t afford.
Some can “defend” themselves properly others can’t.
Some have a privilege to be “supported” by the org who pay the bills,others don’t.
And
If thats how it works then USADA has no meaning.

Last edited:
A PED violation shouldn’t result in a lifetime ban unless the person got caught with them more than three times.
More than 3 times? LOL

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. With the right amount of money, even the worst cheater might only get caught 3 times over the span of their entire career, meaning they got to inflict CTE, earn massive amounts of money and rob other people of wins on their record.

Lifetime ban for 1st offense seems reasonable. You appeal, and you lose, oh well. You appeal and you win, you're back in the mix.

What's the point of having an offense that comes with no real punishment.

Get rid of it altogether. People who have ZERO knowledge about professional athletics will always get on their high horse about PED use but the fact is when that much money is on the line, the risk of getting caught will always be trumped by the reward of you know... remaining competitive and making a living for your family.

With so much on the line, the industry of coming up with new, untraceable supplements is driven to be on the cutting edge whereas the "industry" of coming up with better testing is purely reactive and thus will never fully be effective. Therefore, it's a disgusting waste of money and leads to other people (fighters, promoters) losing more money from cancelled fights/suspensions.

People need a reality check that this is not the 1970s and fighters who don't pop aren't just eating steaks and drinking protein shakes :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Most professional fighters are on 20+ different kinds of supplements as it is which is not exactly natural either. Supplements = PEDs and no shady system should be able to decide what is legal and what is not (based on what kickbacks are received).

TL/DR: Professional sports are full of "supplements" whether they're defined as legal or not. Absolutely no one who does any form of athletics for money is 100% natural. Accept it and either watch or don't if it bothers you that much.

USADA doesn't test at Olympics. Whoever is responsible for hosting the olympics is also responsible for the drug testing
You mean the event that runs every 4 years? Who in the hell is going to pay for all of that testing for the frequency of events the UFC has? What a delusional response :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol USADA is merely a hedge in case someone dies or gets injured in a fight.

Huh? They don't need USADA for that. Just have the athletic commissions test like before, that's enough ass-covering. I'm not sure why they got USADA -- they probably thought it wouldn't change much of anything, since fighters were "already being tested"-- but it wasn't to cover their asses.

UFC posted a video about the history of UFC's USADA implementation on their Youtube and it got me thinking.

There are clearly fighters in the UFC (and lets not mention names) who still use PEDs. You know who they are, I know who they are, and they know who they are. We make threads on here joking about "so and so is the natty GOAT." And then of course there are other fighters we would never suspect.

For example, TJ Dillashaw was being accused by Cody for over 2 years for his EPO use. In those 2 years, TJ Dillashaw passed tons of USADA tests and had many fights. Now, he pops for EPO. But he is trying to tell us it was only for his latest weight cut?? It was just a coincidence that he popped for the same unique banned substance that he was being accused of using for many years?

PEDs are illegal. These fighters using them believe that the risk of getting caught by USADA is overshadowed by the performance boost using PEDs will give them.

So isn't the answer to increase the punishment tenfold? I.E: 1 violation results in a lifetime ban

Why is using a banned substance to gain performance usually a 1 year or 2 year suspension? Because the fighter might have "accidentally ingested a PED" through a contaminated legal supplement? Why is ignorance a defense? Allegedly USADA provides more than enough educational material and warnings to the fighters so this shouldn't be an issue?

I personally don't care if a fighter is on PEDs, but what bothers me is that it is becoming more of a game of "who is the best at hiding their PED use". At least during the Wild West Era of MMA, it was clear everyone was on juice and evened up the playing field.

Now? It seems like only those who are best at utilizing masking agents reap the benefits of USADA.

Summary: Make PED violations result in a permanent ban, or get rid of USADA all together.

This boils down to you not believing people who failed one test didn't fail more and thus something being wrong. TJ's story for taking it once checks out entirely. Ignorance is also totally a defense. A cheating by taking PED's is a pretty minor ethical issue that only SJW's(sports justice warriors) care about and B USADA casts a pretty wide net that innocent fighters taking things for non cheating related purposes(such as Jones with his dick pills) or who are innocent altogether(Mir) will get caught up in.

Taking away someone's career for this is wrong. And I have more of a problem with the people who want zero tolerance for PED use(Matt Serra I'm talking to you, comparing PED use to fucking assault) than I do with the people who take them. Yeah someone has a substance in their body, let's take away someone's ability to provide for their family, sounds pretty just and honorable to me you're totally the good guy here.

You mean the event that runs every 4 years? Who in the hell is going to pay for all of that testing for the frequency of events the UFC has? What a delusional response :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I meant specifically at the Olympics. The host country with the Local Organizing Committee is responsible for testing the athletes.

I support breeding the champions and feeding their babies steroids.

Do people really support USADA or are they just against inequality? Either way they're misguided, but one side has better intentions than the other.

I completely agree. The punishment should be more serious.

As it stands now your options are

Cheat: If you are good you won't get caught until after you achieve fame and glory. It will slightly tarnish your reputation after you've already got the babes and the money. Now your career is tarnished.. Even though your fight career may my only last 10 years anyway.

Don't cheat: congratulations you are honorable. Have fun being a gatekeeper at most. You'll have some fun and get some fans. But you won't make bank, and babes won't recognize you. You'll retire into obscurity.

Its no wonder athletes choose the former. The punishment should be severe enough that no athlete would risk it. At which point they wouldn't need to given everyone else is hopefully clean too.

Or.. Just let the fighters make their decisions and let everybody PED up. If everybody does it it's not an issue. If nobody does it it's not an issue. The problem is when the people who have money are getting away with it while others are expected to play by the rules.

An indefensible case of PED usage should, in a fair world, be a lifetime ban. Unfortunately for that argument though, this is men kicking the piss out of each other in a cage for the financial gain of both themselves and a large shady company, so good luck with that.

Back