The issue with USADA

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
UFC posted a video about the history of UFC's USADA implementation on their Youtube and it got me thinking.

There are clearly fighters in the UFC (and lets not mention names) who still use PEDs. You know who they are, I know who they are, and they know who they are. We make threads on here joking about "so and so is the natty GOAT." And then of course there are other fighters we would never suspect.

For example, TJ Dillashaw was being accused by Cody for over 2 years for his EPO use. In those 2 years, TJ Dillashaw passed tons of USADA tests and had many fights. Now, he pops for EPO. But he is trying to tell us it was only for his latest weight cut?? It was just a coincidence that he popped for the same unique banned substance that he was being accused of using for many years?

PEDs are illegal. These fighters using them believe that the risk of getting caught by USADA is overshadowed by the performance boost using PEDs will give them.

So isn't the answer to increase the punishment tenfold? I.E: 1 violation results in a lifetime ban

Why is using a banned substance to gain performance usually a 1 year or 2 year suspension? Because the fighter might have "accidentally ingested a PED" through a contaminated legal supplement? Why is ignorance a defense? Allegedly USADA provides more than enough educational material and warnings to the fighters so this shouldn't be an issue?

I personally don't care if a fighter is on PEDs, but what bothers me is that it is becoming more of a game of "who is the best at hiding their PED use". At least during the Wild West Era of MMA, it was clear everyone was on juice and evened up the playing field.

Now? It seems like only those who are best at utilizing masking agents reap the benefits of USADA.

Summary: Make PED violations result in a permanent ban, or get rid of USADA all together.

A PED violation shouldn’t result in a lifetime ban unless the person got caught with them more than three times.

getting rid of usada would be one step into making ufc great again

A PED violation shouldn’t result in a lifetime ban unless the person got caught with them more than three times.

Why???

So that means fighters will continue to do their best to use PEDs until they get caught 1 or 2 times. This goes back to my point about how UFC is becoming a game of "who is the best to go undetected."

Because its a dumb ass community who doesn't give a shit about legality of anything. People just wanna see fighters cave each others skulls in. See 2 replies above me. This is the kind of people this sport has

The issue with USADA is it makes people feel bad for getting caught trying to look and work like your average Sherbro.

It's not our fault we're too good for competition, are over 8 Feet, and manage to stay shredded all year around despite varying diets and lifestyle choices. None of us asked to be the Demi-Gods we are, it is what it is.

We were Blessed, Imitation is the most sincere form of Flattery.

Issue with USADA?

Where do we fucking start bro?

If you are Pro-Doping like me (IQ above 95)
  1. You already think USADA is a pointless exercise of futility
  2. Can't possibly demonstrate its effectiveness
  3. Ruin careers from false tests
  4. Subjects fighters to unnecessary big brother monitoring
Or if you support anti-doping efforts (IQ less than 75)
  1. You see the double standards applied to Brock, Jon etc while normal fighters who get caught at fucked
  2. Watch as fighters careers are ruined though false tests
  3. All these high profile guys STILL using
  4. Cancellation of big fights for NO FUCKING GOOD REASON
  5. Drugs becoming more advanced to avoid detection - feeding the beast
  6. Poorer fighters who still use are left behind as they can't afford designer drugs and thus lose out on income through suspensions which would not be handed out if they were draws..but they need the drugs to help them become draws - it's what the current draws used to become draws...fucking ridiculous.

Last edited:
Lifetime ban would go against the UFC's business model so no.

Issue with USADA?

I have an 80 IQ, so I guess I should be on the fence?

Issue with USADA?

1. You already think USADA is a pointless exercise of futility
  2. Can't possibly demonstrate its effectiveness
  3. Ruin careers from false tests
  4. Subjects fighters to unnecessary big brother monitoring
  1. You see the double standards applied to Brock, Jon etc while normal fighters who get caught at fucked
  2. Watch as fighters careers are ruined though false tests
  3. All these high profile guys STILL using
  4. Cancellation of big fights for NO FUCKING GOOD REASON
  5. Drugs becoming more advanced to avoid detection - feeding the beast
  6. Poorer fighters who still use are left behind as they can't afford designer drugs and thus lose out on income through suspensions which would not be handed out if they were draws..but they need the drugs to help them become draws - it's what the current draws used to become draws...fucking ridiculous.
Agreed, but #4 of the 'For it' list, i agree like a motherfucker. If fighters cant even show up for work, why do i wanna make time to watch the replacements.

Then you got nancy boys like SirKratos saying were all cut throat.

Kratos? As in...God of war? Boy if that isnt the pot calling the kettle a racial slur.

Tsk tsk

(1) There is very very very little evidence to prove that PEDs give one male fighter a better chance of winning a fight over another male fighter. If you have the evidence, then post it, instead of calling me names.

(2) Based on this paucity of evidence for the mythical advantages of PEDs in male fighting, USADA (as far as male MMA is concerned) needs to go because it is unnecessarily ruining careers and UFC cards as mentioned by @TheIrishPsycho.

Notice, I am very clear to keep my opinions on USADA in the context of male MMA. I do this deliberately. So, don't make silly arguments about what PEDs do for cyclists, short-putters and other one-going-against-oneself type of sports.

Being a better sprinter, swimmer, cyclist, short-putter and etc (any individual sport where one competes against oneself's bench marks) won't give you an advantage in a MMA fight against an equally competent and talented male opponent. LOL

If one can pulse than they should all be allowed too...

I have an 80 IQ, so I guess I should be on the fence?
These are only generalities bro,

And don't despair, an IQ of 80 is perfect for high level politics.

(1) There is very very very little evidence to prove that PEDs give one male fighter a better chance of winning a fight over another male fighter. If you have the evidence, then post it, instead of calling me names.

There is literally no evidence, there is no such thing as a controlled group in such an experiment anyway.

That group, if some mass test was carried out, would have included TJ a few months ago.

Its not possible, hell we are taking away the fighters drugs, lets take away any substance they can get a benefit from - despite the fact the genetic lottery is the primary predictor for success in sport.

olympics has usada and everyones still on stuff. ufc is close

(2) Based on this paucity of evidence for the mythical advantages of PEDs in male fighting, USADA (as far as male MMA is concerned) needs to go because it is unnecessarily ruining careers and UFC cards as mentioned by @TheIrishPsycho.

Notice, I am very clear to keep my opinions on USADA in the context of male MMA. I do this deliberately. So, don't make silly arguments about what PEDs do for cyclists, short-putters and other one-going-against-oneself type of sports.

Being a better sprinter, swimmer, cyclist, short-putter and etc (any individual sport where one competes against oneself's bench marks) won't give you an advantage in a MMA fight against an equally competent and talented male opponent. LOL
Tell that to TRT Vitor

olympics has usada and everyones still on stuff. ufc is close
USADA doesn't test at Olympics. Whoever is responsible for hosting the olympics is also responsible for the drug testing

Because its a dumb ass community who doesn't give a shit about legality of anything. People just wanna see fighters cave each others skulls in. See 2 replies above me. This is the kind of people this sport has
Not just this sport. Every sport.

People want to see something/someone get destroyed. Those are the same people who dismiss the end result as ... whelp they signed up for it. They don't realize it's a transaction between the fan and the fighter and they don't want to pay or they do and just don't care.

Who the fuck cares... I just want to see great fights. I could give two shits what these fighters are using . You say it's not fair to the other fighters but they took that risk when they signed up to do a sport that causing physical harm is the main objective. I'm tired of usada robbing the people who actually pay for these ppv of great fights. Get rid of usada and make the UFC great again.

Back