Opinion The Israeli lobby has undue influence due to corruption: Change my mind

Jewish? :)
Well, I'm Catholic. Christians love the Jews. How could they not. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph were Jews. The Old Testament is part of the Hebrew bible. But yes, the Jewish influence in the U.S. Congress is huge. Why is that? Who speaks for the Palestinian cause?

"The question to be asked is how long can the history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust be used as a fence to exempt Israel from arguments and sanctions against it for its behavior towards the Palestinians, arguments and sanctions that were used against other repressive governments, such as South Africa? How long are we going to deny that the cries of the people of Gaza... are directly connected to the policies of the Israeli government and not to the cries of the victims of Nazism? You cannot continue to victimize someone else just because you yourself were a victim once, there has to be a limit." Author: Edward Said

@abiG

Well for one thing they persecuted Jews many times, and even before they became christians.

The Gypsies in Europe?
Check the census around the world. Africa Middle East all the Jews gone. Europe mostly gone. I’m sure booting them out of Israel’s in the Middle East they can just go back to living under sharia peacefully

How does one "lobby" more effectively? Do the just literally scream anti-semitism, and call everyone nazis?
That, and money flows to anyone that is pro-Israel when they campaign, not to mention positive (or negative press) from op-ed pieces. You should read "The Israel Lobby."

I've said all along: Yeah, Trump may be a Russian stooge, but 90% of Congress works for Israel/Saudi Arabia.

Which is why you don't hear the DNC making it a priority to fast track legislation to overhaul foreign campaign contributions and lobby groups. Israel and Saudi Arabia would be by far the most egregious offenders and somehow they're both immune to legislation that limits their power and influence.

Check the census around the world. Africa Middle East all the Jews gone. Europe mostly gone. I’m sure booting them out of Israel’s in the Middle East they can just go back to living under sharia peacefully.
Jewish population in Africa:
484px-Africa-jewish-population.jpg

Jewish population by country (high numbers in the U.S. and Canada):
640px-Jewish_distrib_country.png

Palestinian population by country:

Is Israel in the us or Canada? No? Well then I guess your point makes no sense in any way

Is Israel in the us or Canada? No? Well then I guess your point makes no sense in any way.

We are not talking about Israel, we are talking about the Jewish population around the world per your #23 post.

That, and money flows to anyone that is pro-Israel when they campaign, not to mention positive (or negative press) from op-ed pieces. You should read "The Israel Lobby."

Basically "Lobbying" just means buying politicians. Only way Israel lobby can do this more is to have more money than the other lobbyists.

I did not know there was a large Palestinean diaspora in the other Moslem mid east countries. I literally thought the vast majority where trapped in the West bank, and GAza with just a few outside in refugee camps, or asylums.

We are not talking about Israel, we are talking about the Jewish population around the world per your #23 post.
Unless you are arguing that we move all he Jews out of Israel and into America your argument is stupid. Also those high numbers? Five million both countries.

Check the census around the world. Africa Middle East all the Jews gone. Europe mostly gone. I’m sure booting them out of Israel’s in the Middle East they can just go back to living under sharia peacefully
There aren't any real Jews in the world anymore. There used to be but they got mixed and diluted to the point that they are Jews by name only. You can't have a black guy, a white guy with black hair and a white guy with blue eyes, all of them genetically different, yet all of Jews that can trace back their lineage to the original Jews that once existed. They might be Jews by religion and culture, but not genetically or ethnically because this implies links to same ancestry.

There aren't any real Jews in the world anymore. There used to be but they got mixed and diluted to the point that they are Jews by name only. You can't have a black guy, a white guy with black hair and a white guy with blue eyes, all of them genetically different, yet all of Jews that can trace back their lineage to the original Jews that once existed. They might be Jews by religion and culture, but not genetically or ethnically because this implies links to same ancestry.
Oh good then we can just finish the job and take their country so Muslims finally have a place to call home

You mean Europe? They came mostly from Europe.
Yeah so let’s wipe em out. Always bitching about being chased out of Europe. If we get them all here too then that’ll show em.

These fucking people. Never gets old. Now say you’re against zionists.

Yeah so let’s wipe em out. Always bitching about being chased out of Europe. If we get them all here too then that’ll show em.

These fucking people. Never gets old. Now say you’re against zionists.
Let wait till they finish wiping out all Palestinians then we can wipe them out.

Well the effects are a pretty antagonising and misguided foreign policy in the ME that's for sure.

Not sure which lobby is P4P most toxic in the USA, Saudi Arabia or Israel.

My evidence for this argument.

So, just how powerful is the Israel lobby in the US?

Out of America: Perhaps no more than a dozen out of more than 400 Representatives are pro-Palestinian

40-cornwell-afpgt.jpg

Intimidated? Obama at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee ( AFP/Getty Images )
As public grovels go, this one was pretty spectacular. Former Senator Chuck Hagel, who may or may not become the next US Secretary of Defense, was back in his old haunts on Capitol Hill for his confirmation hearings, trying to explain a remark he made a few years back, that "the Jewish lobby intimidated Congress" and did some "dumb things".

Name a "dumb thing", he was asked by Lindsey Graham, his Republican colleague for six years until 2009 – though you wouldn't have guessed it from the venom of the exchanges on Thursday. Hagel couldn't. Graham persisted. "Name one person who's intimidated by the Israel lobby in the United States Senate." A taut silence, then Hagel limply responded, "I don't know."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/so-just-how-powerful-is-the-israel-lobby-in-the-us-8478432.html?amp

About 1.4% of the American population is Jewish, and yet every modern day president has bent it's knee to AIPAC.

Not to the AARP, or NRA, or even to the Chamber of Commerce, but to AIPAC.

The only logical way to explain this extraordinary influence in politics is through corruption.

Change my mind......

This is well known. Netanyahu is the only leader of a foreign entity that can just march into Congress and give speeches how we should attach Iran for Israel. They own the banks, the media and Hollywood. It's our fault to allow it.

This is well known. Netanyahu is the only leader of a foreign entity that can just march into Congress and give speeches how we should attach Iran for Israel. They own the banks, the media and Hollywood. It's our fault to allow it.
#thejewsdidthis

Back