The Irony.....

ajwbjj87

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So like the other 90% of sherdog I have spent the last couple of weeks ripping on Schaub about his "elite BJJ". Last night started off looking a great setup for weeks of laughter to follow due to his entrance with the Gi and all, then the bastard actually submits Meathead, and its not that he just submitted him but he actually had some very slick technique in applying that Darce choke and getting the tap. Then there was his off mic words that I'm sure everyone heard "that was for the Metamorphis haters" Good for him all the same just thought we needed a thread other then the Jones Gus pissing fest

Subbing Meathead is never ironic. I agree with the rest of your point though. Glad to see him get the win.

He could submit Gabriel Gonzaga and it still wouldn't negate what happened at Metamoris

Subbing Meathead is never ironic. I agree with the rest of your point though. Glad to see him get the win.

To be fair Meathead was never subbed before but I agree it's not like he tapped a Jacare or Werdum type fighter

Schaub vs Hunt. I'd love to see how mad Sherdog would be when Schaub beats the shit out of Hunt

I bet him and I think that he is in general under rated because of his grating personality. He is a very hard worker and obviously improves between performances.

If you want to recognize why Schaub doesn't get respect from the Jiu-Jitsu community then you should have been at Pauley Pavillion with the entire west coast Jiu-Jitsu community for Metamoris II where the entire arena, which was silent and respectful for the entire rest of the card, booed Schaub off the mats in shame.

It's okay to say a fighter's technique is underrated and that the fans don't give him respect, but when you go to a competition in front of literally all the top coaches, fighters, students, legends of the sport, in front of paying fans and live on PPV, and you refuse to engage or demonstrate any technique, its ridiculous to still ask for respect from that community in return.

How in the fuck does that get rid of what he did at Metamoris? He completely ran from a BJJ match but managed to submit a guy known for striking, in an MMA match. Good win for him, but honestly, people will continue to post Schaub getting KO'd because it's funny, and as soon as he gets KO'd again, it will continue. These are just facts. Most people don't like Schaub.

Schaub vs Hunt. I'd love to see how mad Sherdog would be when Schaub beats the shit out of Hunt

Nah. Schaub is hittable and Mark Hunt knows how to actually counter punch.

Meathead's been grappling for the grand total of 4 years...

What are the metamoris references? I'm missing something.

I never think Mitrione could be submitted, i am still shocked

What are the metamoris references? I'm missing something.

It's 2013 my friend, heard of google?

1.gif

So you come to a thread whining about Schaub-hate and go right for the Hunt-hate

By no means does last nights sub redeem him of the head push gong show of Metamorphis I still just found it funny that he's actually capable of submitting real fighters but does the running man in a grappling tourney

Why Gonzaga? Werdum!

LOL, I was trying to think of the highest ranked HW jiujitsu guy in the UFC, can't believe I didn't get Werdum. Still I can't be blamed, what with fights last night and GTA5 out I've spent most of this week high as fuck

To make up for it:

2240293-FabricioWerdum_weirdface_display_image.jpg

LiFiK-1.png

werdum.png

13396750672749.g.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back