The irony of parading a "BMF" belt and being the biggest b**ch in the UFC

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by elcj, Jan 30, 2020.

1. elcj Green Belt

I actually prefer Covington to Masvidal now lol

This guy walks around with a fake belt, for beating Nate Diaz. Like seriously, do you have ANY self-respect?
    Well, after seeing him in a gown like a clown and embarrassing himself begging for McGregor's attention at the last event - the answer is probably NO.

This "BMF" went on a 3-fight win streak vs opponents not even in the Top 5 and with poor form, and now he's acting special.
    Calling out a smaller McGregor.
    Running from Edwards, who he was bold enough to sucker punch then run. Finish the feud in the Octogon like Edwards was shouting for, if you're really a brave & BMF.

Not a fan of McGregor, but that guy went and fought Khabib when he had all the money in the world.
    Most fighters constantly take fights where the opponents are incredibly dangerous for them. That's not the case with Masvidal's last fights.

Even as corny as Cejudo is, he deserves a "BMF" belt over Masvidal. Went up a weight and fought the extremely dangerous number 1 guy straight, and won.

Masvidal is boring. I hope Usman wrecks him. Then Colby and Woodley (in particular order) and Masvidal can go back to being the fake gangster journeyman that nobody cares about, like he always has been.

2. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

I think Till was ranked #3 when Masvidal beat him

3. Al Stone Brown Belt

Or perhaps you are just triggered and Masvidal should milk his 15 minutes. Have you considered Pamprin?

4. Summoning Silver Belt

Masvidal is a mistake.

-Till win was a fluke, Masvidal start the fight with a groin strike and Till dropped him early.
    -Askren win was a fluke
    -Diaz is overrated

5. Mau Gold Belt

You're still mad? Let it go.

6. OneManGang Brown Belt

BMF belt is also known as the Be My Friend belt. The holder is all friendly and just talking.

7. Abazzdeboom Legend in the making

The 3 piece and a soda was not sucker punch to me.
    Leon taunted and got served, its not like Jorge came from behind or Leon was talking to someone else.

For the BMF thing, well let the man enjoy his fame, its a fun booby prize

8. elcj Green Belt

3 how? Who did he beat to be legitimately ranked 3?

His only real notable victory was vs Thompson and that was a robbery (I say that as a Till fan).
    Till was also in poor form and at that weight.

9. elcj Green Belt

Sound like a b**ch.

Leon was talking shit and there was a barrier and people between them. Masvidal got of a sucker punch, knowing damned well Edwards wouldn't expect it or be able to retaliate after he got his hits in.

How often do fighters swing at each other like that? The level of professionalism means that they always save the real punches for the fight night.
    Ofc Edwards wasn't expecting the sucker punch. Edwards also let it slide because he expected Masvidal to back some of it up and accept a real fight. But ofc, coward Masvidal doesn't want any of that.

10. TrueBias Silver Belt

Wasnt it diaz that coined the BMF belt? Actually, i dont remember, i know diaz challenged him though.

11. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

I dunno dude why are you asking me? you're the one who brought up rankings, I'm just telling you what they were.

12. Paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

<mma4> Some true points made, not really a Masvidal fan he lost big points with me when he got karate schooled by WonderBoy. Really thought the street wise street thug fighter who learned mma was gonna put it on him, instead the the guy who was taught to fight punked him Masvidal showed very low fight IQ and it showed.
    Knocking out Till & Askren backstage popping Edwards and beating Diaz for the neighbourhood thug belt don't really rock my boat.

Seems like in the UFC it's cult of personality over real fighting rulez the day in the modern UFC. I say let the journeyman have his moment in the sun the reality of fighting a Usman will bring him back to earth... <6>

13. elcj Green Belt

I clearly told you what I told you.

You're the one that came to me saying you think Till was ranked 3. I don't speak hot air, so thought you may have at least had some direct context behind your comment

14. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

[​IMG]

What direct context do you want?

15. elcj Green Belt

Right.

I guess all the "casuals", WWE fans and celebrity followers who watch 4 events a year (the kind that were attracted by the likes of Rousey and McGregor) have helped make it into this.

But yea, he can only ride the train for so long.

16. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

Says he prefers colby over Jorge and then says and self-respect. Jorge is doing his thing and promoting himself. colby talked shit and then ran away after Usman stomped his ass to cry on twitter about "rake refs" or whatever the fuck he was going on about.

Self respect and conor? the guy is under investigation for TWO Rapes, is on tape assaulting an old man for no reason.

conor made his name dropping to the lowest possible weight to fight men at least 2 natural weight classes lower. Conor only fought Khabib because he had no other options and was basically forced to and his only success in the fight was getting away with numerous fouls - then resorting to social media taunts towards khabib. I thought that prick conor was all about "I either win or I learn."? Guess that was just smoke as we all know it's either "I win or I make excuse, then resort to drugs, alcohol and social media to get my revenge."

You talk about conor fighting khabib - he had not choice. Then infer that conor is that guy who takes fights that are dangerous - Cerrone???

Fuck off.

17. Mammothman Silver Belt

"This guy walks around with a fake belt, for beating Nate Diaz. Like seriously, do you have ANY self-respect?"

Ok this made me chuckle

<{outtahere}>

18. Paynebringer Titanium Ape Planet Belt... Always Defend ♠♠♠

And this why ranking and ladder climbing as gone the way of the dinosaur, ranking only matters when it suits their purpose. Now you can fight someone in a completely different weight class and division and use that win to propel you in the division you're known for. But a loss don't affect your record we in the land of Smoke & Mirrors...

19. elcj Green Belt

Seems like you're incapable of giving any, so the best you've got is to requote the same empty garbage and hide behind memes as crutch - a standard for those like you, tbh lol

20. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

dude what are you on about? You said he hadn't beat anyone in the top 5. I was just correcting you, it's not a big deal.