The irony of all this interim nonsense..

Nope, he won that fair and square.
Just wouldn't defend that strap, and that's a shame.
An embarrassing one, for his fans, I should think.
There is nothing embarassing about that at all,really. Just annoying that the UFC let him do it.

Nope, he won that fair and square.
Just wouldn't defend that strap, and that's a shame.
An embarrassing one, for his fans, I should think.

So he beat both champs fair and square, so how is he a manufactured champ exactly?

So he beat both champs fair and square, so how is he a manufactured champ exactly?
Exactly? Manufactured two belt champ.
His first belt, he won. Earned.
His second, the only one he still has, is a Mcbelt. He was gifted the TS, didn't have to fight his way to the top, didn't have to beat anyone in line who had earned their place.
And clearly the UFC was planning on taking his earned belt away due to lameness.

Exactly? Manufactured two belt champ.
His first belt, he won. Earned.
His second, the only one he still has, is a Mcbelt. He was gifted the TS, didn't have to fight his way to the top, didn't have to beat anyone in line who had earned their place.
And clearly the UFC was planning on taking his earned belt away due to lameness.

Did Frankie earn his initial shot at Aldo at FW? Did Florian? Did Pettis earn his shot at an interim belt with a win over Oliveira or did he earn his fight with Aldo at FW that was originally planned to happen when he was still LW champ? Did Hendo deserve a shot at Bisping?

Conor earned his shot at the LW belt by dominating FW and by temporarily sending Aldo to the great beyond. You think JBJ wouldnt get an immediate shot at the HW belt if he actually wanted to compete for it?

And keep in mind when mentioning Diaz that Conor never had to take that fight on short notice.

I'd say that the biggest Irony is that they gave Max vs. Pettis one in order to save the card & it still only did 150K... lol...

not accepting fights.
he was the one DEMANDING those fights and avoiding title defenses.
Heck, he was publicly ordered to defend the belt by Dana, and still refused.
Well, the first fight he took with Diaz in order to save an event. The least the UFC could do was offer him a rematch following the loss.
As far as the shot against Alvarez, I would consider it earned. First off, the UFC intended to offer him the first against Dos Anjos (which got cancelled for injuries.) Secondly, Holding the strap at a lower weight class moves you right to the top to fight for the strap at a higher weight class. These are the superfights we all clamor for. At the time, I don't believe anyone would have had issue with 205 pound champ Jones given a shot at the heavyweight strap.

Did Frankie earn his initial shot at Aldo at FW? Did Florian? Did Pettis earn his shot at an interim belt with a win over Oliveira or did he earn his fight with Aldo at FW that was originally planned to happen when he was still LW champ? Did Hendo deserve a shot at Bisping?

Conor earned his shot at the LW belt by dominating FW and by temporarily sending Aldo to the great beyond. You think JBJ wouldnt get an immediate shot at the HW belt if he actually wanted to compete for it?

And keep in mind when mentioning Diaz that Conor never had to take that fight on short notice.
Fighters don't "earn" a title shot in a different weight class. Period.
I don't care if it's happened in the past that others have been given unearned shots , and I was unhappy when it did.

A fighter should have to beat their way to the top, not get a limo service drop off.

Overeem didnt defend his strikeforce title for 2 years and they still didnt strip him.
That's Strikeforce. :)

If I recall, they had him fighting at Dream and K1 at the time. (they didn't have a HW division either, until they got all those HW's and made the tourney).

That's Strikeforce. :)
raw

Fighters don't "earn" a title shot in a different weight class. Period.
I don't care if it's happened in the past that others have been given unearned shots , and I was unhappy when it did.

A fighter should have to beat their way to the top, not get a limo service drop off.

So that means that it isnt something Conor specific like you mentioned earlier?

Yah, the special Mctreatment for the unfortunately popular line jumper really has fucked it all up

So why are you singling him out?

Well, the first fight he took with Diaz in order to save an event. The least the UFC could do was offer him a rematch following the loss.
As far as the shot against Alvarez, I would consider it earned. First off, the UFC intended to offer him the first against Dos Anjos (which got cancelled for injuries.) Secondly, Holding the strap at a lower weight class moves you right to the top to fight for the strap at a higher weight class. These are the superfights we all clamor for. At the time, I don't believe anyone would have had issue with 205 pound champ Jones given a shot at the heavyweight strap.

Dude, you are all over the place with those excuses.

Let me dissect that for you:
1) Save an event by fighting a guy with no training camp?
No. he was attempting to get paid (since they get paid only when they fight, he had millions or reasons to fight).
Besides, he handpicked a guy who was partying in Cabo, so he posed no threat to him (or so he thought).

2) The least UFC could do??? Are you insane?
He just beat on the P4P#1 guy, a guy who was unbeaten for a decade, and UFC/Conor refused to give him a rematch!
If Aldo didn't get one, why the fuck do you think Conor deserved one???

3) "earned title shot?"
Again, COnor got bumped to an undeserving FW title shot by bypassing all top contenders.
At LW, he was 1-1 against a journeymen. How the f*** did he "earn" anything?
Yes, I understand he was "promised RDA", but the fact is, he handpicked Diaz and lost. That alone should have taken away his shortcut to a title shot over the real contanders.

4) Superfights
Child, please!
Superfights are fights that pegs top champions like GSP and Anderson SIlva.
You know, fighters that DEFENDED their belt for very long and showed their dominance at their WC.
A fighter who just got the belt against another fighter who just got the belt does not qualify as superfight, no matter how much you love to suck those fighter's balls!

Lastly
5)Do not EVER compare Jon Jones (a guy who dominated his weight class for the past 5 years) with some over-hyped fighter who refuses to defend his belt so much, he forfeits it.

I objected to Brock's gimme TS, and I'm unaware of having claimed Conor was the first to be gifted a TS.

He's by far the worst example of this kind of egregious fuckery.

Really? Frankie isnt the worse example by getting the shot after two losses back to back, as opposed to Conor getting it after dominating FW and going 1-1 with Nate at LW? Alrighttt

After digesting UFC 206 I love me some more interim! Some how it gets me excited to see two fighters fight for a nr 1 contender ship. Every weight class should have a couple of interims floating around IMO.

Really? Frankie isnt the worse example by getting the shot after two losses back to back, as opposed to Conor getting it after dominating FW and going 1-1 with Nate at LW? Alrighttt
Frankie stayed at one weight instead of reaching and fucking up two divisions with nonsense.
Let's stop deflecting and talk about Conor ffs.

After digesting UFC 206 I love me some more interim! Some how it gets me excited to see two fighters fight for a nr 1 contender ship. Every weight class should have a couple of interims floating around IMO.
Let's make divisions and title pictures so muddy, nobody knows what the fuck is going on or who has earned what, love it

Dude, you are all over the place with those excuses.

Let me dissect that for you:
1) Save an event by fighting a guy with no training camp?
No. he was attempting to get paid (since they get paid only when they fight, he had millions or reasons to fight).
Besides, he handpicked a guy who was partying in Cabo, so he posed no threat to him (or so he thought).

2) The least UFC could do??? Are you insane?
He just beat on the P4P#1 guy, a guy who was unbeaten for a decade, and UFC/Conor refused to give him a rematch!
If Aldo didn't get one, why the fuck do you think Conor deserved one???

3) "earned title shot?"
Again, COnor got bumped to an undeserving FW title shot by bypassing all top contenders.
At LW, he was 1-1 against a journeymen. How the f*** did he "earn" anything?
Yes, I understand he was "promised RDA", but the fact is, he handpicked Diaz and lost. That alone should have taken away his shortcut to a title shot over the real contanders.

4) Superfights
Child, please!
Superfights are fights that pegs top champions like GSP and Anderson SIlva.
You know, fighters that DEFENDED their belt for very long and showed their dominance at their WC.
A fighter who just got the belt against another fighter who just got the belt does not qualify as superfight, no matter how much you love to suck those fighter's balls!

Lastly
5)Do not EVER compare Jon Jones (a guy who dominated his weight class for the past 5 years) with some over-hyped fighter who refuses to defend his belt so much, he forfeits it.

Lolll alright, sooo he

1: Did not save the event by fighting is what you were trying to say, regardless of his own motivation? Miesha vs Holly would have done the same numbers? He could have easily fought Nate or someone else for the same money a month or two later. Also hard to pick a guy with a training camp two weeks in advance. Also why is he supposed to pick the toughest possible replacement fight. JBJ didnt even accept Sonnen on short notice lol.

2: Aldo would have gotten one if he fought at 189. Instead after 6 months of promotion he pulled out two weeks in advance, which lead to another 5/6 months of promos of Aldo vs McGregor, which resulted in a 13 second fight. Had he fought at 189 he would most likely have gotten it at 194. People were fatigued of the match-up at that point.

3:
Lol, Frankie was on a losing streak when he got to face Aldo. KZ had three wins against which included Leonard Garcia and Poirier. Florian beat Nunes before he got a shot. Lamas beat 4 guys including Koch and Grice. Conors streak is probably one of the best at FW before getting his titleshot at Aldo.
Only thing I could kinda agree on is getting the LW belt after going 1-1 with Diaz, but again, he could have waited it out like guys like Rumble or JBJ have done.

4: Superfights have no set in stone definition. Conor McGregor the biggest mma superstar that just KO'd alltime great Aldo in 13 seconds, facing the LW champ, going for two belts, is a superfight.

5: Overhyped. Sure. Guess that makes guys like Mendes, Aldo, Poirier, Holloway (he was young I get it, Conor was super experienced at the time at 25 tho) and Alvarez just okay wins?

Last edited:
Back