The irony of all this interim nonsense..

BraNerd

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
usa-today-8691643.0.jpg

Yah, the special Mctreatment for the unfortunately popular line jumper really has fucked it all up

I agree..
the whole point of those Interims has to do with Conor.
He runs so much from title defenses, you need to create an Interim who will take over once Conor relinquishes his belts (due to forfeit).

The irony is that they are devaluing titles by overvaluing them. They keep making these interim title fights because they don't think the fighters will sell on their own, so they just tack on a belt to help boost sales.

The irony of the situation seems to have little to do with McGregor. Just over a year ago the guy won the featherweight belt and just over a month ago he won the lightweight belt. Heaven forbid anyone wait a month or more to defend a belt. And a year plus before defending isn't unheard of.

I agree..
the whole point of those Interims has to do with Conor.
He runs so much from title defenses, you need to create an Interim who will take over once Conor relinquishes his belts (due to forfeit).
I've been trying to think, is there another "champ" who had to relinquish the title because he simply would not defend it?
Almost sure there are other examples but can't recall em.

The irony of the situation seems to have little to do with McGregor. Just over a year ago the guy won the featherweight belt and just over a month ago he won the lightweight belt. Heaven forbid anyone wait a month or more to defend a belt. And a year plus before defending isn't unheard of.
But a healthy champ accepting three fights in another weight class while avoiding defenses is unique, I think, to Conor.

I've been trying to think, is there another "champ" who had to relinquish the title because he simply would not defend it?
Almost sure there are other examples but can't recall em.
Only if you count injuries.
but while healthy?
I can't think of anyone!

But a healthy champ accepting three fights in another weight class while avoiding defenses is unique, I think, to Conor.
not accepting fights.
he was the one DEMANDING those fights and avoiding title defenses.
Heck, he was publicly ordered to defend the belt by Dana, and still refused.

Manufactured two belt "champ" who immediately had one stripped, LOL.

But I shouldn't laugh because it's pretty disheartening what this fuckery is doing to the sport I love.

Stop blaming Conor for these interim belts you fucking tards. Conor loses his belt at FW, Aldo gets the real belt, and for some reason the UFC gives the winner of Holloway vs Pettis an interim belt instead of calling it a number 1 contender fight.

He wins the LW strap like a month ago, says he wants to take some time off, just like Miocic did, and the UFC decides to jump the gun and hand out another interim belt.

Manufactured two belt "champ" who immediately had one stripped, LOL.

But I shouldn't laugh because it's pretty disheartening what this fuckery is doing to the sport I love.

Aint nothing manufactured about this:

IbIdIk5.gif

Ztdsinf.gif

Only if you count injuries.
but while healthy?
I can't think of anyone!
Overeem didnt defend his strikeforce title for 2 years and they still didnt strip him.

Back