The IOC Bans Political Statements at the Olympics

Its a gathering of different cultures and countries with varying beliefs. Not your soapbox.
If you don’t want political statements, don’t bring out flags and play anthems. The moment you demand that someone stands a certain way while you wave your flag (political symbol) and play your national anthem (political song), YOU are the one bringing politics into the equation.

This is what I never got about the Kapernick thing; don’t want him kneeling, fine, don’t play the fucking anthem. What do sports have to do with displays of nationalism? They are entertainment; if I go to see a Metallica concert no one insists that I stand at respectful attention for a national anthem first, lol.

Last edited:
If you don’t want political statements, don’t bring out flags and play anthems. The moment you demand that someone stands a certain way while you wave your flag (political symbol) and play your national anthem (political song), YOU are the one bringing politics into the equation.

This is what I never got about the Kapernick thing; don’t want him kneeling, fine, don’t play the fucking anthem. What the fuck does sports have to do with displays of nationalism? It’s entertainment; if I go to see a Metallica concert no one insists that I stand at respectful attention for a national anthem first, lol.
Thats the dumbest suggestion I have ever heard in regards to international athletic competition.

Thats the dumbest suggestion I have ever heard in regards to international athletic competition.
Well, you have roughly the same ability to imagine the others’ perspectives as does a lobotomized hamster. So...

I am glad conservatives weren’t so anti free speech when Jesse Owens shoved Hitlers Arayan beliefs up Hitlers Candy Ass with a salute at 1936 Olympics. Jesse Owens salute after winning gold, showed Hitler, the diversity of America is our strength.
I remember when Conservatives cared about the deficit and free Speech.

I am glad conservatives weren’t so anti free speech when Jesse Owens shoved Hitlers Arayan beliefs up Hitlers Candy Ass with a salute at 1936 Olympics. Jesse Owens salute after winning gold, showed Hitler, the diversity of America is our strength.
I dont

To be fair, that's a world he wants as a leftist. No countries, blurred lines, zero patriotism.

Well, you have roughly the same ability to imagine the others’ perspectives as does a lobotomized hamster. So...
Its an international competition, you clown. Not a protest. Take flags and anthems out of international competition... For fucks sake.

what are they gonna do take away your medals? that would only enhance the message x10

Yeah, I was wondering this myself. What exactly are they gonna do? Disqualify and ban them like a drug cheat? I doubt that would sit well with anyone.

I guess they'll just fine them.

What do those things have to do with the Olympics?

Representing your country at an international competition isn't political. Flag and anthem are not inherently political in international competition.

If you want to make a political statement, go ahead. No one gives a shit beside the 5mins of social media support anyways

Can't be criticizing China, bad for business.

iu

TBH not every political statement is admirable.
Liberal logic: "DURRRR this isn't free speech its ackchyually HATE speech and therefore should be banned. But other displays of political statements that I approve should be allowed!!!"

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back