VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Exclusive: The Insider Attack In Syria That The Pentagon Denies Ever Happened
By PAUL SZOLDRA
on August 8, 2018
T&P ON FACEBOOK

It was a pitch black Saturday evening at a remote outpost in Syria last February when Sgt. Cameron Halkovich and Cpl. Kane Downey began their rounds, checking Marines on perimeter security.

As sergeant and corporal of the guard, their job was to set up the watch schedule, man the radios, and most importantly, ensure Marines on post were watching for signs of ISIS fighters, who for months had been under blistering attack from artillery at the small, Army-run base in Deir al-Zour Province. Besides an Army Special Forces team, it hosted a forward surgical team, more than dozen Marine infantrymen, and a platoon-sized element of Syrian Democratic Forces allied with the U.S.

But on that late-winter night, one of the Americans’ SDF partners would turn on them and fire two shots — marking the first known instance of an insider attack during Operation Inherent Resolve. And while the Pentagon often announces when service members are killed or wounded during these “insider” or “green on blue” attacks, it made no such announcement for Halkovich, a combat engineer, who was shot twice in the leg and survived.

This account of the Feb. 17 shooting of a U.S. Marine by a member of the Syrian militia he was supporting is based on interviews with multiple sources, military award documents, and scant details released by the Pentagon. It has also become an open secret among the 1,000-plus Marines and sailors of the unit Halkovich was attached to — 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, based in Twentynine Palms, California.

“It’s kind of ridiculous that a Marine gets shot and nobody hears about it,” said one source familiar with the incident, who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of reprisal. “It kind of blows my mind.”

In fact, when asked by Task & Purpose whether there had ever been an insider attack during Operation Inherent Resolve, a coalition statement flatly denied it: “We have no recorded incidents of insider attacks during OIR.

https://taskandpurpose.com/syria-insider-attack/

So I don't know what @HunterSdVa29 can say about this. I don't want you to get into trouble man, but I'm thinking you could write in hypothetical terms, and use loose language, and maintain plausible deniability while communicating allot.

My questions would be can you confirm? How did the Marines you talk to feel about being in Syria?

Funny how we never hear about any casualties in Syria huh folks.....

Discuss........

Need to know only basis. Because if you need to know what the government is doing then clearly you've something to hide.

It all sounds super fucked up. I wish we would get our troops out of the ME.

I hear the ladies like it in bum. Any idea if that's true?

I ask only because I'm not sure where the conversation is going from here.

**Changes thread title**Do ladies like it in the butt........

From a socio-economic neo-post modernism point of view, I would say yes, yes they do like it in the butt.

Animal Assad

Shit, I think El Salvador has troops in Syria. Good luck figuring out who is behind what, in that cluster fuck.

But yes, I heard Assad put chemical weapons on those 2 bullets the Marine was shot with.

I heard the chemical weapons we thought saddam had were actually moved to syria before we were able to inspect. Which makes a lot of sense because he recently used them to gas children

Mattie has a disdain for the media so not surprising. I agree with his position btw. He doesn’t believe in Trumps version of Fake News but that the media can sometimes lol put our troops in danger by leaking reports.

Exclusive: The Insider Attack In Syria That The Pentagon Denies Ever Happened
By PAUL SZOLDRA
on August 8, 2018
T&P ON FACEBOOK

It was a pitch black Saturday evening at a remote outpost in Syria last February when Sgt. Cameron Halkovich and Cpl. Kane Downey began their rounds, checking Marines on perimeter security.

As sergeant and corporal of the guard, their job was to set up the watch schedule, man the radios, and most importantly, ensure Marines on post were watching for signs of ISIS fighters, who for months had been under blistering attack from artillery at the small, Army-run base in Deir al-Zour Province. Besides an Army Special Forces team, it hosted a forward surgical team, more than dozen Marine infantrymen, and a platoon-sized element of Syrian Democratic Forces allied with the U.S.

But on that late-winter night, one of the Americans’ SDF partners would turn on them and fire two shots — marking the first known instance of an insider attack during Operation Inherent Resolve. And while the Pentagon often announces when service members are killed or wounded during these “insider” or “green on blue” attacks, it made no such announcement for Halkovich, a combat engineer, who was shot twice in the leg and survived.

This account of the Feb. 17 shooting of a U.S. Marine by a member of the Syrian militia he was supporting is based on interviews with multiple sources, military award documents, and scant details released by the Pentagon. It has also become an open secret among the 1,000-plus Marines and sailors of the unit Halkovich was attached to — 2nd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, based in Twentynine Palms, California.

“It’s kind of ridiculous that a Marine gets shot and nobody hears about it,” said one source familiar with the incident, who spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of reprisal. “It kind of blows my mind.”

In fact, when asked by Task & Purpose whether there had ever been an insider attack during Operation Inherent Resolve, a coalition statement flatly denied it: “We have no recorded incidents of insider attacks during OIR.

https://taskandpurpose.com/syria-insider-attack/

So I don't know what @HunterSdVa29 can say about this. I don't want you to get into trouble man, but I'm thinking you could write in hypothetical terms, and use loose language, and maintain plausible deniability while communicating allot.

My questions would be can you confirm? How did the Marines you talk to feel about being in Syria?

Funny how we never hear about any casualties in Syria huh folks.....

Discuss........
You get you news from Facebook. Explains a lot.

You believe we are suppressing sustained (mass) casualties in Syria? Why would we start now? What are you basing that on? This report where nobody died?

Back