the importance of bench pressing

I once saw a guy bench pressing with sweat pants on..............he had an erection

Benching is the best exercise to build overall upperbody pressing strength IMO.

That being said it may very well best serve a secondary role to the standing overhead press in some athletes routines.

Also, some people claim they get better results from dips, but I've never seen anybody with really impressive tri/pec/delt development that they attributed to dips.

BAS_FAN said:
I once saw a guy bench pressing with sweat pants on..............he had an erection
Thanks for shareing. On that note, I'm gonna go do some Bench Pressing.

Next time I am at the gym, I am gonna make sure I get a huge hard-on while I'm wearing my singlet. Then I'm gonna run around pelvis first and try to stab people like a charging rhino.

Strongmen or Oly'ers who dont bench, dont bench since its not as applicable to the pressing they do(OH). As far as "carryover" to sport, what sport are you talking about. MMA, Football, wheelchair basketball, frolf?

CarnalSalvation said:
Next time I am at the gym, I am gonna make sure I get a huge hard-on while I'm wearing my singlet. Then I'm gonna run around pelvis first and try to stab people like a charging rhino.

A part of me wants to really see a video of this. A part of me does not.

All of me wants to see that video and then post pics of it on my wall.

ghostwipe said:
Well it looks like S&P has gone gay.

wanna fuck?....uhm....i mean....talk about lifting weights?

Lard-ass said:
Beware of the bench if you dont get the technique right.

I see noobs lifting wrong all the time, lying flat on the bench, elbows flared out in 90 angle from the body, with the weight to far up the chest, bouncing the weight off the chest. Sooner ore later with this style, your rotatorcuffs are fucked. And with rotarcuffs fucked, you cant do shoulderpress dips or any other goodstuff...

If you got the technique right, and can leave your ego at home while benching, then go right ahead. I love benching...

dont now anything about the ahtletic carryover though.

Wait...why no 90 degree angle? = /

Thers many different techniques we all got our own lets not brag about each one and go into every single detail.

CarnalSalvation said:
That's all good and well but just make sure you don't trip over the mat this time while you're walking out for your lift. That would suck. 300 lbs crashing down on your boner. *SNAP*

Back