The idiotic UFC matchmakers strike again with Romero/Costa.

If that fight was 50 minutes long, two fights back to back. Who's the better fighter?

Considering Romero was too gassed to do anything noteworthy after the 2nd round in the first fight I highly doubt he’d last 8 more rounds

If that fight was 50 minutes long, two fights back to back. Who's the better fighter?

but they aren't 50 minutes long...and fights aren't back to back...asking what ifs is pointless...it is an athletic contest, not a real fight..all athletic contests have rules...

For the love of fuck, don't try to make this boxing. In MMA people take losses, it happens and it doesn't keep you from winning titles later.

Let top ranked guys fight other top ranked guys; it's good for the sport and the fans.

Young fighters should never be able to challenge themselves.

Will it be a great fight? Perhaps.

That said, why the hell would you put one of your most exciting fighters, one of your best fighters, up against a guy like Paulo Costa who is just starting out?

You really trying to bury some great talent here? You want a young Paulo to walk through Romero and ruin his career? The dude is in his 40's, he should only be fighting elite, certified top 5 talent and if he fights anyone below that he should be given fights where he is going to blast through them without ending their hype.

If Romero wins, people will say "duhhh, they rushed Paulo blah blah blah".

If Costa wins, his stock goes up pretty steeply but you bury one of your best fighters.

Are they really giving up on Romero, who arguably is the best in the division!?

BS.
I agree 100%

It seems like the ufc has fuccckkin brain farts when making matches sometimes.

Considering Romero was too gassed to do anything noteworthy after the 2nd round in the first fight I highly doubt he’d last 8 more rounds
You guys act like Robert tooled him up in rounds 3, 4 and 5. He outpointed him, not much more. To even dare compare it to what Yoel did to him, is a sin.

but they aren't 50 minutes long...and fights aren't back to back...asking what ifs is pointless...it is an athletic contest, not a real fight..all athletic contests have rules...
With a straight face, do you honestly think Robert Whittaker is better than Yoel Romero?

what is with you guys wanting to eat the cupcake before the frosting. who gives a shit. Paulo has had a few fights already, he has beaten his way to the top. he's right there, its enough of this coddling bs. These guys are paid to fight, the fans want to see big fights. Do you really want to watch Romero fight the same fucking guys every time. Costa and Israel are the new blood its time to see them against top comp. End of story.

Isn't the champion, but what does that really matter?

We all know he's better than Robert.
We know nothing of the sort. If Yoel is better, why has Rob got two wins over him, especially as Rob had to make weight but Yoel didn't.

If the fight was in hell in a cell with chickens running around and laser guns shooting at them who would have won

I don't hate the matchup.

If Costa loses, he's got plenty of time to rebound. He is relatively young and 12-0 right now, so a loss to Yoel is not going to derail his career.

My hope is that Yoel loses (or misses weight) and is forced up to LHW.

We know nothing of the sort. If Yoel is better, why has Rob got two wins over him, especially as Rob had to make weight but Yoel didn't.
Because you have to kill someone to get a 10-8 in that fight apparently.
Oh and he missed by making 185.2 instead of 185 bc the AC didn't allow him 2 hours, just 1. Ever heard of someone else being forbidden to take the 2 hours to cut?
He isn't the champ bc he got robbed by AC and then judges.

Back