The idea of champs turning down fights is serious bs

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm so sick of hearing Khabib refusing to fight Conor, and now even Stipe's trying to do the same with DC.

I don't think Mcgregor deserves an immediate title shot at LW

I don't think DC and Stipe should be fighting again

However, if those are the matches that UFC wants to make, then tough shit. What kind of fucked up precedent does it set when certain fights become optional for champions. Any champion who doesn't have the "I'm the best in the world, so throw whomever the fuck you want at me" attitude shouldn't hold the belt. All this whiny entitled crybaby bullshit is so annoying. I wish the UFC had stricter policies regarding how often champions fight and who exactly they're going to fight. It'd be so much better for the sport if the precedent was "you're fighting this person next, or you're vacating the belt."

Surely the champ should actually want the easiest possible matchup at any possible time too? The “they don’t deserve it” attitudes always confused me.

Problem is, UFC should pay champions flat rate no matter who they fight.

I'm sorry, but I'm so sick of hearing Khabib refusing to fight Conor, and now even Stipe's trying to do the same with DC.

However, if those are the matches that UFC wants to make, then tough shit. What kind of fucked up precedent does it set when certain fights become optional for champions. Any champion who doesn't have the "I'm the best in the world, so throw whomever the fuck you want at me" attitude shouldn't hold the belt. All this whiny entitled crybaby bullshit is so annoying. I wish the UFC had stricter policies regarding how often champions fight and who exactly they're going to fight. It'd be so much better for the sport if the precedent was "you're fighting this person next, or you're vacating the belt."

why does he have to fight conor again??????????????

conor is """""""""""""""""""""""double champ"""""""""""""""""""""""""""" and hasnt even defended

Champions should take on all comers, but this bullshit of people being expedited to title shots and a champion refusing is totally fair.

Stipe-DC 3 makes the most sense. It's the rubber match.
Conor-Khabib 2 makes zero sense.

Have a proper ranking system and stick to it rigidly, make fighters stay in a weight class.

Then tell the champ they have to fight the No1 contender.

Otherwise go fuck yourself.

Khabib beat the leprechaun down and made him tap out. The leprechaun can get back in line at lightweight and beat contenders. Anything other than that is simplistic, nut-gargling, mindless worship. The leprechaun in no shape form or fashion deserves a rematch at this point. If anyone ever deserved an instant rematch, it was Jose Aldo, but the leprechaun didnt give him one.

I think its serious bullshit that fighters have to promote themselves when its ufc's job to do it
so let them make some matchmaking too, its only fair

The idea of booking a champion against a non-#1 contender is ridiculous. Exceptions in general for injuries, but the only people Khabib should be booked against is Ferg, or Gaethe as a backup (he has an "okay" win streak)

Anyone else who wants to challenge should put together wins at 155 against the rest of the competition.

Why in the holy fuck would Khabib fight Conor again when guys like Justin are more deserving. The only people who think Conor deserves the fight more than Justin are Conor, Conor’s fans, and greedy Dana looking to milk his cash cow.

After Tony of course. Tony is the clear #1 contender. Has a decent shot at beating Khabib as well.

No rematch.
Conor hasn't shown anything yet that would suggest that the rematch would go differently than the first fight.

Khabib said he will fight Conor for 100 million.

/thread

fuck those champs wanting to fight the best guys and giving more ppl a chance, let them all fight mcgregor all year long untill he wins a belt fuck ya!

how many people had conor turned down? all of them, so many 145'ers were calling him out... 0 defenses
155 everyone calling him out.. 0 defenses.
he has no room to talk. mcnuggets defend or vacate.
khabib should be fighting tony, then Justin then who ever the next contender is, not some TMZ headliner

Khabib beat the leprechaun down and made him tap out. The leprechaun can get back in line at lightweight and beat contenders. Anything other than that is simplistic, nut-gargling, mindless worship. The leprechaun in no shape form or fashion deserves a rematch at this point. If anyone ever deserved an instant rematch, it was Jose Aldo, but the leprechaun didnt give him one.

Upset schoolgirls are hilarious!
<{MingNope}>

He is turning down Conor and fighting Ferguson,and after Ferguson he wants to fight Gaethje if he wins. He already beat Conor and Gaethje is riding a 3 fight win streak.

Champs are independent contractors just like everyone else. Sherdog likes to get all high and mighty when it comes to advocating for more rights for fighters, higher pay, and a more fair work environment but then simultaneously shits their pants anytime a fighter puts themselves first.

Why in the holy fuck would Khabib fight Conor again when guys like Justin are more deserving. The only people who think Conor deserves the fight more than Justin are Conor, Conor’s fans, and greedy Dana looking to milk his cash cow.

After Tony of course. Tony is the clear #1 contender. Has a decent shot at beating Khabib as well.

Justin is 3-2 in the UFC and has been knocked stiff twice. He's a human punching bag, get real.

Back