the I know more about grappling then you do thread....

Junglist

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So this aquaintence and I were talking about GSP and how he thought that Jake Shields is a better grappler then GSP. I didnt argue his point but I argued how, if Jake and GSP fought it wouldnt go to the ground and if it did, GSP would manage to keep top control.

Then he brought up that Kapamann has "world class striking" and he wasnt able to implement his game plan on shields.

The aquiantence went on to say that I dont know nothing about grappling and if I think GSP will beat Sheids I must be crazy and dont train at all.

I just hate it when people force their "MMA knowledge" on people. I hate it when people who take muay thai or BJJ for a few months think they know everything there is to know about MMA.

BE HUMBLE!!!

some others might not share the same view or opinions as yourself so dont think you are more in the right then they are.

people who come off like that are a bunch of douche bags.

"oh I watch UFC i know and I take martial arts, so I definatley know more than you"

No other opinions are valid, just mine.

people who come off like that are a bunch of douche bags.

"oh I watch UFC i know and I take martial arts, so I definatley know more than you"

No other opinions are valid, just mine.

You're not much for a good debate are you? Why didn't you mention the college Jake wrestled for vs. the colleges Fitch, Kos and Hughes did?

I know a lot about MMA bc I train Strikeforce in my back yard.

You're not much for a good debate are you? Why didn't you mention the college Jake wrestled for vs. the colleges Fitch, Kos and Hughes did?

im just not into debtaing with other people who only believe that their opinion(s) is the only RIGHT opinion out there.

Its like debating with a 5 year old child.

im just not into debtaing with other people who only believe that their opinion(s) is the only RIGHT opinion out there.

Its like debating with a 5 year old child.

tell him you are undefeated in the UFC video game so all opinions that differ from yours are obviously crap.

well at least youre mature enough to make a point and be open for his reply.

the thing about mma is anybody can have a valid point and be 'proven wrong' by someone that doesnt know what they are talking about because so much goes on in fights that you dont see, and anything can happen.

like when someone gets punched you never really know how much it hurt or made them dizzy etc. sometimes the punches that look shit are the best just because they way they connected or where they landed.

someone could say 'he has no chin' because a fighter got caught right on the spot by a punch that doesnt look hard because it wasnt a wild swing but tight and from the hips etc.

basically in my opinion it wouldnt be an exciting fight. they would both spend the fight trying not to lose, instead of trying to win. id imagine it as a few rounds of crappy stand up (making space when they are already far away etc) then eventually gsp would just look at the ground and run towards shields from about 5m away (threads will pop up on here talking about it was because he was gassed, then threads will pop up about his cardio lol) shields will bust out an american jiu jitsu guard and they will take turns fighting from half guard to side control. eventually when the times running out gsp will be like shit, i gotta make it look like i was pressing the action, and do some tired hammerfists with no power into shields arm or body for like 20 seconds while shields squirms and everyone gets excited. cecil will notice this and give him the split decision. gsp threads everywhere, and shields' rep untarnished because he shouldnt be fighting at that weight. ill be at home while dana laughs from the press conference to the bank. hopefully there would have been some good heavyweight undercard fights. but ill have to watch them before, because you know gsp vs shields aint gonna leave airtime for nobody lol

gsp vs shields will go the ground so you are pretty wrong about that.

gsp will outwrestle shields.

it will look a lot like gsp vs kos 1

Back