the human body: STRENGTH

jkuhlmann

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
show is gonna be on discovery in a couple minutes......don't know what exactly what its going to be about, but judging by the 'brain power' one i'm watching now i think it'll be interesting for some of you here...

Yeah, I've decided that all shows on the Discovery Channel suck. They have to assume their viewers have no previous knowledge in the subject, and so dumb everything waaaaaay down. Discovery's just semi-cool graphics and no info

Yeah, I've decided that all shows on the Discovery Channel suck. They have to assume their viewers have no previous knowledge in the subject, and so dumb everything waaaaaay down. Discovery's just semi-cool graphics and no info

well, so far just talking about bones. graphics yeah, but theres good learnin' there too...

lol I actually started watching cause there's nothing else on

What happened to the first guy in the field?

apparently under extreme stress the average man can explosively bench press 1200lbs (thats without a suit). Does that mean that under extreme stress Bolton could deadlift like 5000lbs?

lol I actually started watching cause there's nothing else on

apparently under extreme stress the average man can explosively bench press 1200lbs (thats without a suit). Does that mean that under extreme stress Bolton could deadlift like 5000lbs?

That's a silly comparison. The boulder on the guys chest was a life or death situation, and it has been said that under real life circumstances the human bodies strength stacks multiple times.

TBH I don't think it's fair to say that it's greatly dumbed down. It is, but if it weren't dumbed down all the stupid people wouldn't get interested, they'd get less ratings, and it wouldn't be good watching material, it'd be more like studying material.

I think Elite FTS explained it in the terms of different strengths.

A person can lift or push alot of weight under extreme pressure and i think they call it total strength. Thats when your muscles can get torn from their attachments.
Only way to make a muscle contract like that is under extreme stress or by high voltage eletricity.

Power lifters aim to get their absolute strength to be as close to their total strength as possible.
so the line between their absolute strenght and total strength is pretty thin. Thats why they can rip a muscle lifting without equipment etc.

So to answer the question Bolton is pretty close to his total strenght already

dumb dick got sucked up by a tornado, and landed a 1/4 mile from the remnants of his trailer.....he was entirely uninjured, because he got knocked out by a flying lamp right before he took his ride.

i watch this show all the time since its been put on. its pretty basic stuff, but its interesting how they animate the people to show their muscles, ligaments and organs. its a good watch if your interested in the human body, hints the name haha

double post so im also gonna say... um... nothing.

Some people just have to complain about everything.

I find them interesting. I don't sit around waiting for the next episode but if I am flipping through the channels I will watch some of it. I found the strength and brain power episodes fairly entertaining.

Survivor Man remains the best show on Discovery. They finally figured it out the only thing better than dumping some man in the middle of the woods and watching him eat tree bark and insect assholes for a week, well bitching about how cold, wet, hungry and alone he is, is doing the same thing to a Canadian.

Survivor Man remains the best show on Discovery. They finally figured it out the only thing better than dumping some man in the middle of the woods and watching him eat tree bark and insect assholes for a week, well bitching about how cold, wet, hungry and alone he is, is doing the same thing to a Canadian.

Survivor man, man vs wild and mythbusters are the shit.

Deadlist Catch and Dirty Jobs are pretty awesome too.

Congradulations on the piss belt NE-PATRIOTS888. Welcome to the club. I joined yesterday.

Back