The House of Saud Do-Boy, Trump vetoes Yemen bill

deal with what exactly? the puppetshow youre enthralled to? "the puppet on the one hand did this and then the puppet on the other hand did that so yeah....its the right hand puppet's fault...dont think back about what happened with the last puppets, thats passe"
Deal with what's going on, not "well what about this and that"...talking about previous failures of leadership doesn't address the one at hand, it's a distraction.

Nobody disagrees with the fact previous leadership failed regarding Saudis...it's just unproductive to harp on at best and cynics would rightfully call it whataboutism.

Deal with what's going on, not "well what about this and that"...talking about previous failures of leadership doesn't address the one at hand, it's a distraction.

Nobody disagrees with the fact previous leadership failed regarding Saudis...it's just unproductive to harp on at best and cynics would rightfully call it whataboutism.
I entirely disagree...by not addressing the previous failures of leadership you dont at all identify the problem which is Exactly whats going on here....the problem lays somewhere in that the US for whatever reasons has been bootlicking the house of saud for quite some time now...by focusing just on the present all youre doing is watching the puppet show((and taking part)) but yeah I do agree its a distraction to think about the over all picture when youre hypnotized by the latest show to come on the TV

I entirely disagree...by not addressing the previous failures of leadership you dont at all identify the problem which is Exactly whats going on here....the problem lays somewhere in that the US for whatever reasons has been bootlicking the house of saud for quite some time now...by focusing just on the present all youre doing is watching the puppet show((and taking part)) but yeah I do agree its a distraction to think about the over all picture when youre hypnotized by the latest show to come on the TV
Do you understand why the current reason might differ from previous reasons for the agreed upon bootlicking? And in the past, can you point to a veto like this?

Do you understand why the current reason might differ from previous reasons for the agreed upon bootlicking? And in the past, can you point to a veto like this?
yes I can understand that, off the top of my head I couldnt point to an exact veto like this....

can you not understand that youre stuck on the same TV show and just because the theme of the episodes change it doesnt change that you are in fact....still watching the same tv show??

youre still worried over why a puppet did a certain thing and completely missing that the puppet did that thing because his strings were pulled to make him do it lol....I dont know how else to explain it to you....if you dont acknowledge the puppet master and the reason he is putting on a presentation then you are lost to the show....

While i realize that every president since 79 has bent the knee to the sauds....this will always be an embarrassment for Trump. If it was up to me the US would leave that whole shit region on its own. Obviously I’m not privy to the $ and resources available there though and that’s what it comes down to unfortunately

While i realize that every president since 79 has bent the knee to the sauds....this will always be an embarrassment for Trump. If it was up to me the US would leave that whole shit region on its own. Obviously I’m not privy to the $ and resources available there though and that’s what it comes down to unfortunately

hi AlexDB9,

seems more like a hand-in-glove relationship to me.

politically speaking, its been mutually beneficial (in the eyes of the participants).

the US and Saudi Arabia have been co-conspirators.

- IGIT

I don't understand this.

Saudi Arabia which is the most hated country in the War Room (China a very close second). And then I'm not exaggerating that this is a common feeling from left to right on this page. Why do US still cuddle with this country? Don't come with oil declarations.

deal with what exactly? the puppetshow youre enthralled to? "the puppet on the one hand did this and then the puppet on the other hand did that so yeah....its the right hand puppet's fault...dont think back about what happened with the last puppets, thats passe"
Edgelord level, well over 9000!!!

yes I can understand that, off the top of my head I couldnt point to an exact veto like this....

hi there Skarr,

its not a veto, but there were indications that Mr. Obama was getting less sanguine about the carnage in Yemen.

back in 2016, the Saudis dropped a 500 lb laser-guided bomb in Yemen, which smashed 100 funeral attendees into tiny bits of meat and bone.

in one of his final acts before leaving office, President Obama suspended the sale of such weaponry to the Saudis (who had another 500 million dollar order in the pipeline).

- IGIT

The Saudi Yemen conflict has been going on for some 10 years mate and Obama was killing them with Drones like it was a video-game...Where were your tears back then when those that actually care already knew about it and hated it?

You know, BEFORE orange man bad became a thing.

I smell just Trump hate here.
Obama was using drones to target Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. Would you rather he had sent in SOF and have some of them killed in the process? And if he had withheld on droning Al Qaeda, the right would be saying "see see, he is a crpto Muslim".

Obama also froze the Saudi weapons deal but Trump lifted the freeze. The Saudis hated Obama, and couldn't wait for him to leave. So yes there was a difference between Obama and Trump, in regards to Saudi Arabia. Trump is enabling and emboldening Bin Salam's thuggery.

You Trump defenders simply can not admit or accept criticism of him, and just carte blance label everything TDS. Trump has totally gone back on his 2016 campaign rhetoric about getting tough with Saudi Arabia.

Trump even cites as one of his reasons for the veto that this bill would infringe on his constitutional powers as commander in chief. Oh the ironing.
Oh yes, that definitely stood out lol. I just couldn't bring myself to call him another bad name.

Could we ever discuss Trump and his disastrously shitty polices without the Trumpsters vomiting, "But what about Obama!!!" all over the fucking thread?
And the usual trolling from them : "Orange man bad" , " TDS ".
That's all they do.

I don't understand this.

Saudi Arabia which is the most hated country in the War Room (China a very close second). And then I'm not exaggerating that this is a common feeling from left to right on this page. Why do US still cuddle with this country? Don't come with oil declarations.

hi hi sweede,

the US does not cuddle with Saudi Arabia, my friend. from the early 1940s to present day, its been a transactional relationship.

its not like, for example, the "special relationship" the US has had with the Brits. one of shared values and religion and lineage. i mean, in terms of human rights and personal freedom, the Saudis are barbaric. complete monsters.

we wanted Saudi Oil in the 1940s, so in we went. during the cold war, the Soviet Union and Saudi Arabia were ideologically worlds apart - the US was a natural ally. both the US and Saudi Arabia had common cause, also, when Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990. then in the frenzy of the War on Terror, we needed the Saudis (and the Saudis needed us, as they'd kind of lost control of their Wahhabi class project).

its been like that for decades. right up to present day.

President Obama and Sec of State Clinton needed the Saudis. without their help, there would be no chance the Obama administration could have leveraged Iran into the nuclear deal that was ultimately achieved.

the Saudis wanted weapons. they had the money, and they were going to get them (if not from us, then the French and if not from the French, then the Chinese). so, the deal was done.

its not cuddling, though. its realpolitik.

- IGIT

Last edited:
...then in frenzy on the War on Terror, we needed the Saudis (and the Saudis needed us, as they'd kind of lost control of their Wahhabi class project.
- IGIT
How is Saudi Arabia’s track record when it comes to fighting the war on terror?

hi hi sweede,

the US does not cuddle with Saudi Arabia, my friend. from the early 1940s to present day, its been a transactional relationship.

its not like, for example, the "special relationship" the US has had with the Brits. one of shared values and religion and lineage. i mean, in terms of human rights and personal freedom, the Saudis are barbaric. complete monsters.

we wanted Saudi Oil in the 1940s, so in we went. during the cold war, the Soviet Union and Saudi Arabia were ideologically worlds apart - the US was a natural ally. both the US and Saudi Arabia had common cause, also, when Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990. then in frenzy on the War on Terror, we needed the Saudis (and the Saudis needed us, as they'd kind of lost control of their Wahhabi class project).

its been like that for decades. right up to present day.

President Obama and Sec of State Clinton needed the Saudis. without their help, there would be no chance the Obama administration could have leveraged Iran into the nuclear deal that was ultimately achieved.

the Saudis wanted weapons. they had the money, and they were going to get them (if not from us, then the French and if not from the French, then the Chinese). so, the deal was done.

its not cuddling, though. its realpolitik.

- IGIT

Well, I recognize what you are writing, and was not asking for a short summary of history in the region..

Realpolitik for whom? Arms dealers? And the fact that Saudi spends most dollars after China? I thought more of the paths with our own moral compass. We who vote for leaders of our nations in the civilized part of the world, and I expect the United States to belong to that people. What you are talking about is words from corrupt fractions that have no scruples in the body.

What do you think of the situation yourself? Should saudi not be a country we should really stay far away from?

Well, I recognize what you are writing, and was not asking for a short summary of history in the region..

Realpolitik for whom? Arms dealers? And the fact that Saudi spends most dollars after China? I thought more of the paths with our own moral compass. We who vote for leaders of our nations in the civilized part of the world, and I expect the United States to belong to that people. What you are talking about is words from corrupt fractions that have no scruples in the body.

What do you think of the situation yourself? Should saudi not be a country we should really stay far away from?
Yes, because the US is the largest arms dealer in the world. A good deal of the economy and many many many jobs are supported by development and sale of war machines. You're assuming the nobility of having morals is more important than providing a generous return to shareholders. It's not. When that journalist was killed nothing was even said by the US because there was a major arms deal in the works. And now since The Ratings Machine vetoed that Yemen bill, the Saudis will have someone to use those weapons on, at least for the near future. And the US will have a repeat Arms customer. Everybody is happy, unless you're Yemeni.

hiya again Rex,

but am i allowed to discuss the topic, and be critical of current day policy?

also, to be fair to 44nutman and k1, i posted that thread four years ago.
in 2015 most of the threads in the War Room probably related to mass shootings (it was a banner year for them), TONS of Black Lives Matter, how terrible Obama was, and maybe some stuff about the refugee crises.

- IGIT
So it wasn't important then...

hi there Skarr,

its not a veto, but there were indications that Mr. Obama was getting less sanguine about the carnage in Yemen.

back in 2016, the Saudis dropped a 500 lb laser-guided bomb in Yemen, which smashed 100 funeral attendees into tiny bits of meat and bone.

in one of his final acts before leaving office, President Obama suspended the sale of such weaponry to the Saudis (who had another 500 million dollar order in the pipeline).

- IGIT
hey there IGIT \m/
I dont know the particulars of what youre bringing up here but its in my experience that when stuff like that happens...its a show((part of the shell game to keep people guessing)) and im willing to bet....that this falls into one of several possible categories
Obama banned the sale of those weapons to the Sauds((not even sure how that can happen since Saudi Arabia is an american ally and the american weapons manufacturers arent owned by the government))but probably opened the way for sale of a different comparable munition or....have directed that the supply of that particular munition to be made/sent from a different manufacturer that would allow the US to plead innocent in any possible future scenarios like what happened in Yemen....

OR

they have been selling a stockpile of such weapons to the Saudis already to the point its like...yeah sure cut us off from getting more...we already have 2000 of them tucked away...

kind of like how they supplied Iraq with tech up until it was time to use iraq as an enemy((the first time))

Obama was just as much of a puppet as trump as George W as Reagan as Clinton....etc etc...so to think he just did something because it was the right thing to do and there wasnt some alterior motive going on aside from how it appeared...is madness in the face of what the real trend is

Nice what aboutism

Nice fall-back tag-line for not having anything to say.

France exports more than wine, Germany exports more than autos.

my point was that the number 1 exporter of wine in the world is France. so, if you're in the market to purchase wine...the French are in the business of selling, and they're the best at it.

Not to nit pick but Italy is...by a lot actually.

if you're in the market to purchase a car...the Germans are in the business of selling, and they're the best at it.

Not since the early 1990s.

and...

if you're in the market to purchase bombs and missiles and jet fighters and tanks, etc...the USA is in the business of selling, and we're the best at it.

the United States accounts for 34% of all global arms sales. the United States is like a real life Tony Stark (before he began his heroic arc of redemption in his iron suit).

the United States is a major arms dealer. the most major of arms dealers, actually.

I know, That is why I gave the example of how The U.S government should not be making deals so private companies can sell weapons...its not like they are being made by the government and the sales are going towards our GDP or towards our debt.

i am as uncomfortable as you are with this reality, but this is the world we live in. i would prefer that the United States was the number 1 exporter of green tech, kind bud, pharma and biotech...but sadly, this is not the case.

i agree. our POTUS does not.
- IGIT

Nor does congress. Also, Pharma bad, pharma very bad.

Back