The historical legacy of NFL players at the highest levels of MMA and Kickboxing

Lawrence Taylor could beat Jon Jones

Right now

Bet this post gets over 100 likes
LT isn't the coked up actually crazed killing machine he was back in the day anymore. He's totally clean and a family man.

I'm just running through my mind here. Here's who I can think of:

Lesnar -- Cut from the practice squad. UFC HW world champ in 4 fights.

Sapp -- Played 1 game in the NFL. Beat Hoost and almost killed Nog.

Shaub -- Made the Bills' practice squad and was cut before the season started. KOd Cro Cop.

Mittrione -- 4 tackles in the NFL. KOd Fedor.

NFL players succeeding at the highest levels of the sport is hardly unprecedented. Why are people surprised that Greg Hardy is beating UFC level competition?
Did you know that Lesnar was NCAA Division 1 heavyweight champion?

He's definitely correct. The average RB retires after 2 years in the NFL... 2 years lol
And the ones that last, like Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson, will become completely broken human beings after retirement.

Shaub -- Made the Bills' practice squad and was cut before the season started. KOd Cro Cop.

NFL players succeeding at the highest levels of the sport is hardly unprecedented. Why are people surprised that Greg Hardy is beating UFC level competition?
Also let's not forget Johnnie Morton

Who has better take down defense...Tom Brady or the HWs who Schaub beats

They tend to go into the least skilled division. Lesnar was an NCAA champ moreso than a football player.

Lesnar was a world class wrestler. NFL doesn't play into it.

Sapp-Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. He still got tapped by a guy he outweighed by 100 lbs

Shaub and Mittrione both beat guys at the end of their careers

Greg Hardy just beat a guy named Juan Adams which sounds like a computer generated fighter from EA UFC 3

Imagine Ray Lewis being a fully dedicated MMA fighter, he was already a state champion high school wrestler

Probably the scariest what if scenario I could imagine

Like cardio.

So just to be clear, you think cardio is some magical aspect unique to MMA that other high level athletes don't posses and could never learn.

Jesus fucking Christ lol.

Conclusion = bum NFL washouts become UFC level fighters with a few years (sometimes even months) of part-time training

Imagine Prime Bo Jackson being fully dedicated to MMA

Imagine any one of a kind athlete dedicating the self to one sport really.

I always love this line but then when they try to somehow turn it into a positive about MMA and how athletes from NBA and NFL actually can't compete it's hilarious.

So a-level athletes could easily compete in this shit sport, especially the baddest man on the planet division that is full of piss-poor fighters is what you're saying?

Anytime this is brought up those fans trying to defend the honor of the UFC/MMA just shit on any fighter they can and entire divisions of MMA to show how much they honor and respect the sport. LOL.

MMA is great f those weak athletes. Ol yeah, they beat some champs/top ten fighters, made it to the UFC quickly and won some fights... well yeah MMA is full of shitty athletes is a terrible sport. I love MMA it's the best those other athletes cant compete unless they did, in that case, it's because MMA sucks but it's still the best but they suck and those fighters they beat suck but I love all the fighters that compete in MMA and it's the best. I hate A-level athletes if they win it's because MMA is shit tier but I love and respect MMA so much.

The UFC HW champ is the baddest man on the planet. Oh, wait those NFLers came over and within months are KOing guys in the UFC with minimal training well yeah that because the baddest man on the planet division is a joke and means nothing. But the UFC HW champ is...

Dude, Greg hardys opponents that he has beat in the UFC are 1 win and 5 losses combined before Hardy even beat them.. Your post is so fucking overboard making all these big judgements about the athletes over Greg hardy beating cans that are unranked and are simply not good heavyweights. No shame on Hardy he is just doing his thing, but its disingenous to pretend that Hardy has been training for just 6 months when the guy admitted on video he first trained MMA at the end of 2012, he has trained MMA for years now regardless of when he got serious, but I assume you are trolling anyway :p

So just to be clear, you think cardio is some magical aspect unique to MMA that other high level athletes don't posses and could never learn.

Jesus fucking Christ lol.
NFL athletes have very low or none steady-state cardio as their sport doesn't require it.

Imagine Ray Lewis being a fully dedicated MMA fighter, he was already a state champion high school wrestler

Probably the scariest what if scenario I could imagine
Either Ray Lewis or Reggie White are greatest NFL defensive players of all time. Both of them would've dominated in MMA.

Back