The historical legacy of NFL players at the highest levels of MMA and Kickboxing

Everyone you mentioned beat guys way over their primes. First time Brock faced someone in their prime it was Cain and got bum fuct. Sapp beat Hoost 20 years after he started LOL! Schuab got exposed when he faced a way past prime nog, Miotrione beat a 40 year old Fedor. None of anything they have done proves anything about NFL. Truth is and I know yanks hate hearing it but its one of the most pathetic sports in the world. Thats why no one else plays it. 11 minute average game time which means an "athlete" is on for 5 minutes a week. Thats some crazy pussy shit. Only fat obese yanks watch it or respect it because they can relate to the body types.
Lol, your post might have been descent if you left off the last half.

I'm not really a fan of Football because of how slow paced it is or a "Yank" but watch a highlight reel of Ray Lewis destroying people with open field tackles and tell me that's "pussy shit"

Also I'm pretty sure Mir, Carwin and Herring weren't "out of there prime" when Brock beat them. Though Carwin got fucked over and should have had a first round TKO win imo.

Lol, your post might have been descent if you left off the last half.

I'm not really a fan of Football because of how slow paced it is or a "Yank" but watch a highlight reel of Ray Lewis destroying people with open field tackles and tell me that's "pussy shit"

Also I'm pretty sure Mir, Carwin and Herring weren't "out of there prime" when Brock beat them. Though Carwin got fucked over and should have had a first round TKO win imo.
Mir was after the accident, Herring had 2 more fights after and was an .5 fighter by the time he fought Brock. I agree with Carwin. Some standard UFC reffing then. The NFL lovers need to be taken down a few pegs due to their extremely fucking spasticated claims of it being the hardest sport in the world with the greatest athletes. Everyone around the world laughs at that shit.

Can't forget 50 year old Herschel walker was undefeated knocking dudes out in strikeforce.

Mir was after the accident, Herring had 2 more fights after and was an .5 fighter by the time he fought Brock. I agree with Carwin. Some standard UFC reffing then. The NFL lovers need to be taken down a few pegs due to their extremely fucking spasticated claims of it being the hardest sport in the world with the greatest athletes. Everyone around the world laughs at that shit.
Yeah but the accident was pretty early in Mir's career and he had a lot of big wins after that, I don't think it hurt his career as much as people claim when it's convenient.

I agree about Football not being the hardest sport or greatest athlete's though. Hockey is just as punishing physically and played at a much more demanding pace.

Really though, as much as I'm sure this will be mocked, Racecar drivers are actually probably the greatest athlete's today.

The endurance, focus and mental and physical toughness it takes to drive a car for hours at a time on the edge of control and battling the G-forces plus pressure from the rest of the field with the very real possibility of death or serious injury at any moment always looming over you is something else entirely.

Cro Cop always had a glass chin

If a LHW with a .500 record like Randleman could sleep him, then so could Hardy, Schaub, Mitrione etc.

And how the hell did Cro Cop had glass chin when he was knocked out unconscious just 5 times in 86 pro fights (McDonald, Randleman, Gonzaga, Mir, Schaub)?
Not to mention that he did not fight a single fight in the ring in UFC, but in cage that is terrible for his style and handicaped him from start and helped his opponens with circling on distance, moving away from left leg and fence pushing.

Also, Randelman fight was his 8th fight in 1 year, from March 30 2003 vs Sapp to Aprill 25 2004 vs Randleman. I would like to see modern UFC stars take 8 fights in a year, they would not be able to walk.

MMA math does not work that way. You can't take one-two fights from 100, completely out of the context and construct a comparision with someone who has 10 fights in career.

Should say NFL failures and rejects. A stiff breeze koes guys like fedor and wandy now days. It's not a big accomplishment to ko a well aged fighter way way past their prime. Sapp lost to nog in the end, would love to see DC or Jones vs sapp as he was then. He is fucking huge, but grappling is weak. In k1 it helped him since barely swinging that 100 lbs arm still hurts when it hits you. Lesnar was shit. He got handed the title. We all saw how much he sucked against non 40 year old legit fighters. Schwabby got koed by nog...old nog..crown cop wasn't himself then at all. 9 out of 10 vs mirko from pride go Brandon would die.
Greg has the ability to be a top guy, and the best NFL player to fight in the big leagues. If he has dedication and gets cardio up and in good shape he could be a real beast.

Yeah but the accident was pretty early in Mir's career and he had a lot of big wins after that, I don't think it hurt his career as much as people claim when it's convenient.

I agree about Football not being the hardest sport or greatest athlete's though. Hockey is just as punishing physically and played at a much more demanding pace.

Really though, as much as I'm sure this will be mocked, Racecar drivers are actually probably the greatest athlete's today.

The endurance, focus and mental and physical toughness it takes to drive a car for hours at a time on the edge of control and battling the G-forces plus pressure from the rest of the field with the very real possibility of death or serious injury at any moment always looming over you is something else entirely.
Disagree about the racecar drivers but agree about Hockey, if you mean Ice Hockey. Now thats one tough sport. When we start talking about dangerous sports you cant go past extreme sports. Pretty sure Base Jumping gets the most deaths if you take away Fishing.

Disagree about the racecar drivers but agree about Hockey, if you mean Ice Hockey. Now thats one tough sport. When we start talking about dangerous sports you cant go past extreme sports. Pretty sure Base Jumping gets the most deaths if you take away Fishing.
Yeah, of course I mean Ice Hockey, I'm Canadian after all, lol.

True but as cool as it is base jumping actually considered a sport? Not sure how you could compete at base jumping.

As for the Racecar driver thing, fair enough that you disagree but to get an idea go sit in a sauna with a fat dude leaning on you while holding a 5 pound weight with your arms extended while also answering skill testing question to make sure you stay focused and can constantly solve problems and maintain concentration for 3 or 4 hours straight, and every time you get one wrong the fat dude body checks you into the wall.

These dudes lose 10 to 15 pounds a race and have to remain alert and focused hour after hour lap after lap while going nearly 200 mph in bumper to bumper traffic.

IMO it is the most demanding test of physical athleticism and endurance there is.

I'm just running through my mind here. Here's who I can think of:

Lesnar -- Cut from the practice squad. UFC HW world champ in 4 fights.

Sapp -- Played 1 game in the NFL. Beat Hoost and almost killed Nog.

Shaub -- Made the Bills' practice squad and was cut before the season started. KOd Cro Cop.

Mittrione -- 4 tackles in the NFL. KOd Fedor.

NFL players succeeding at the highest levels of the sport is hardly unprecedented. Why are people surprised that Greg Hardy is beating UFC level competition?
The answer to your question is because they get butt hurt too easily. They been in martial arts most of their life training, yet when they fight some fringe a level athletes after they got spit out by the NFL, they get beat by the superior athlete which can negate a ton of their training. Now imagine an NFL guy with basketball length like Jimmy Graham (played basketball), who is 6'6 with 35 inch arm length. Dude would wreck Hardy even faster and the HW division. Or a guy like Gronk or JJ Watt.

If there was no more NFL or NBA starting tomorrow. I 100% guarantee the UFC would adjust their divisions to accommodate the new talent prospects, like add another division between LHW and HW, and even bumping up the HW weight limit. But since most of the big men are in these other sports, the UFC doesn't have the talent or depth to do that. Also shows how weak the HW division is if all these washed up NFL wanna be's to come over to the UFC/MMA and still dominate.

And how the hell did Cro Cop had glass chin when he was knocked out unconscious just 5 times in 86 pro fights (McDonald, Randleman, Gonzaga, Mir, Schaub)?
Not to mention that he did not fight a single fight in the ring in UFC, but in cage that is terrible for his style and handicaped him from start and helped his opponens with circling on distance, moving away from left leg and fence pushing.

Also, Randelman fight was his 8th fight in 1 year, from March 30 2003 vs Sapp to Aprill 25 2004 vs Randleman. I would like to see modern UFC stars take 8 fights in a year, they would not be able to walk.

MMA math does not work that way. You can't take one-two fights from 100, completely out of the context and construct a comparision with someone who has 10 fights in career.

Also, more relevantly to the present discussion, Randleman was a better athlete than Hardy, Schaub, and Mitrione.

He's beating piss poor fighters in a piss poor division.
I always love this line but then when they try to somehow turn it into a positive about MMA and how athletes from NBA and NFL actually can't compete it's hilarious.

So a-level athletes could easily compete in this shit sport, especially the baddest man on the planet division that is full of piss-poor fighters is what you're saying?

Anytime this is brought up those fans trying to defend the honor of the UFC/MMA just shit on any fighter they can and entire divisions of MMA to show how much they honor and respect the sport. LOL.

MMA is great f those weak athletes. Ol yeah, they beat some champs/top ten fighters, made it to the UFC quickly and won some fights... well yeah MMA is full of shitty athletes is a terrible sport. I love MMA it's the best those other athletes cant compete unless they did, in that case, it's because MMA sucks but it's still the best but they suck and those fighters they beat suck but I love all the fighters that compete in MMA and it's the best. I hate A-level athletes if they win it's because MMA is shit tier but I love and respect MMA so much.

The UFC HW champ is the baddest man on the planet. Oh, wait those NFLers came over and within months are KOing guys in the UFC with minimal training well yeah that because the baddest man on the planet division is a joke and means nothing. But the UFC HW champ is...

Last edited:
MMA requires unique qualities that the so called A-level athletes might not possess.

But it is an undeniable fact that it is a massive advantage to be a Lebron like physical athlete in MMA. That doesn't mean "A-level athletes" would have the other qualities, but it IS a MASSIVE advantage.

Yeah, of course I mean Ice Hockey, I'm Canadian after all, lol.

True but as cool as it is base jumping actually considered a sport? Not sure how you could compete at base jumping.

As for the Racecar driver thing, fair enough that you disagree but to get an idea go sit in a sauna with a fat dude leaning on you while holding a 5 pound weight with your arms extended while also answering skill testing question to make sure you stay focused and can constantly solve problems and maintain concentration for 3 or 4 hours straight, and every time you get one wrong the fat dude body checks you into the wall.

These dudes lose 10 to 15 pounds a race and have to remain alert and focused hour after hour lap after lap while going nearly 200 mph in bumper to bumper traffic.

IMO it is the most demanding test of physical athleticism and endurance there is.
Can't say I know much about it so yeah you are educating me right now about it. For endurance I would think that the super marathons, Iron men and Tour de France type races would be up there as well.

Johnnie Morton - Had four 1,000-yard receiving seasons in his 12-year career with the Lions, Chiefs and 49ers, knocked out by a Yu-Gi-Oh voice actor and refused to submit a urine sample in his only fight.
He was also washed up and WAY past his physical prime when he did MMA

All of those 5 started late, so it's tough to say, pool's too small. All good athletes who lack in skill.

One negative about their potential is that none of them have become well-rounded. If the talent is through the roof you'd expect them to at least be OK in all areas. But Mitrione hasn't learned how to grapple, Lesnar didn't learn how to strike, Hardy's grappling is suspect, Schaub's defense didn't improve, and Sapp was strength-based.

Hockey is just as punishing physically and played at a much more demanding pace.

I am from Canada. I grew up playing hockey. This is completely false. If NFL players played 82 plus games a year they would all be cripples after one season. The NFL is MUCH more damaging to their athletes then the NHL is. The NFL running back takes more punishment then anyone in sports

Can't say I know much about it so yeah you are educating me right now about it. For endurance I would think that the super marathons, Iron men and Tour de France type races would be up there as well.
True, marathons and iron man are only 1 day events a couple times a year though, a very grueling day and still pretty impressive but the race season is about 8 months long with a race almost every weekend.

Tour de France is a good call mind you, that has to be one of the tougher events you could do.

I am from Canada. I grew up playing hockey. This is completely false. If NFL players played 82 plus games a year they would all be cripples after one season. The NFL is MUCH more damaging to their athletes then the NHL is. The NFL running back takes more punishment then anyone in sports
As did I and I'm not sure I agree with that, how do you figure a running back takes more damage than anyone in sports?

Obviously getting crushed in the open field by a Ray Lewis is pretty brutal but so is getting run into the end boards by a Zedeno Chara at 35 mph.

Lawrence Taylor could beat Jon Jones

Right now

Bet this post gets over 100 likes

Back