The historical legacy of NFL players at the highest levels of MMA and Kickboxing

You can't just take any position and think the transition will work out. You want defensive players that spend their entire careers trying to kill other dudes. Just the general toughness crossover is fantastic. Imagine if Ray Lewis came to MMA instead of spending his career in the NFL. He would've dominated.

If I'm reading right, the Lions had Sanders and Morton at the same time.. and still sucked. How is that possible?
They actually made the playoffs several times during those years. They always choked though.

Lets look at the competition that hardy fight, lets look at what happen in the fight before this.

MMA HW is not the most skilled fighter in most combat sport, same goes for mma.

Lets look at the competition that hardy fight, lets look at what happen in the fight before this.

MMA HW is not the most skilled fighter in most combat sport, same goes for mma.
OK, so for mental practice, how would Hardy do against LWs -- better or worse? I think he'd do even better, given his size advantage.

Seriously, wtf lol. HWs are the best that MMA has to offer, that's why there are weight classes.

Jimi Manuwa had no athletic background, started training in his late 20s and had a better career than all of those guys besides Lesnar(Who is an amateur wrestler, not a football player)

Desk jockeys A level athletes confirmed.

Well to be fair those guys records aren’t so great....

Brock Lesnar 5-3 (1)
Bob Sapp 12-20-1
Brendan Schaub 10-5
Matt Mitrione 13-6 (1)

Overall: 40-34-1 (2)

They only won 53% of their fights.

And Hardy’s opponents aren’t really UFC level, being 1-5 in the UFC outside their fights with Hardy. He is still very much unproven.

OK, so for mental practice, how would Hardy do against LWs -- better or worse? I think he'd do even better, given his size advantage.

Seriously, wtf lol. HWs are the best that MMA has to offer, that's why there are weight classes.

Im talking about skill, if hw were the same size as LW, they will get destroyed with ease.

If you look at how a guy like TJ or Edgar in mma, Petrosan or holkzen in KB fight and Compare to HW in any combat sport fight, you can see the difference in skill level.

I know you NFL fans see big muscular dude and think that all there is to it in sports, but its not.

Many top level associations football player are 5’7 small guys, but they compete in much higher paying sports in much deeper talent pool.

Schaub, Lesnar & Mitrione had experience with martial arts before transitioning to MMA.

I'm just running through my mind here. Here's who I can think of:

Lesnar -- Cut from the practice squad. UFC HW world champ in 4 fights.

Sapp -- Played 1 game in the NFL. Beat Hoost and almost killed Nog.

Shaub -- Made the Bills' practice squad and was cut before the season started. KOd Cro Cop.

Mittrione -- 4 tackles in the NFL. KOd Fedor.

NFL players succeeding at the highest levels of the sport is hardly unprecedented. Why are people surprised that Greg Hardy is beating UFC level competition?
You do realize how HW works, right?

With 4 oz gloves and 220+ pound men, any punch can end the fight. Any HW with power has a legit chance against any other HW, even if there is a GIANT skill difference. So of course these NFL guys will do well, because ANY somewhat athletic HW has the chance to do well. Prime Igor would have a legit chance against a LeBron or Shaq who trained since birth... because it's HW.

Other weight classes don't have this issue. If Holloway, for example, fought at HW with his style then he'd get KOed against cans because he gets hit too much. But he can get away with this because he fights at FW.

HW has always been in it's own category. It's almost like being in a different sport than the lighter weight classes because any one strike can end you.

Cro Cop always had a glass chin

If a LHW with a .500 record like Randleman could sleep him, then so could Hardy, Schaub, Mitrione etc.
Joined: yesterday, my guess is your not new here but this your new troll account.

Do you think Jon Jones would beat a 40 year old Michael Jordan in 1 on 1 basketball just because he has an 84" reach? Of course not.

But the equivalent happens all the time in MMA only its not even Jon Jones doing it -- its the NFL's Cody Mckenzies doing it. Hell, sometimes Cody Mckenzie even beats Michael Jordan in his prime in this sport.

I want what you are smoking!

Everyone you mentioned beat guys way over their primes. First time Brock faced someone in their prime it was Cain and got bum fuct. Sapp beat Hoost 20 years after he started LOL! Schuab got exposed when he faced a way past prime nog, Miotrione beat a 40 year old Fedor. None of anything they have done proves anything about NFL. Truth is and I know yanks hate hearing it but its one of the most pathetic sports in the world. Thats why no one else plays it. 11 minute average game time which means an "athlete" is on for 5 minutes a week. Thats some crazy pussy shit. Only fat obese yanks watch it or respect it because they can relate to the body types.

Sapp Bob much bigger than Hoost. Hoost still had a much better record and won the tourney coz Saap could not continue.

Prime Igor would have a legit chance against a LeBron or Shaq who trained since birth... because it's HW.

<36>

Igor wouldn't even be able to reach Shaq's head. I know because I'm 5'8 with the same reach.

Everyone you mentioned beat guys way over their primes. First time Brock faced someone in their prime it was Cain and got bum fuct. Sapp beat Hoost 20 years after he started LOL! Schuab got exposed when he faced a way past prime nog, Miotrione beat a 40 year old Fedor. None of anything they have done proves anything about NFL. Truth is and I know yanks hate hearing it but its one of the most pathetic sports in the world. Thats why no one else plays it. 11 minute average game time which means an "athlete" is on for 5 minutes a week. Thats some crazy pussy shit. Only fat obese yanks watch it or respect it because they can relate to the body types.
How many gay-ball players have beaten Fedor, Cro Cop, and Hoost then?

Back