The Hill Rising is anti-establishment but gets DNC&RNC strategists on their show

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Hill Rising is an anti-establishment left leaning internet web show that manages to get real DNC and RNC strategists on their show, as well as real sitting congressmen...how they do it: the two co-hosts are actual professional journalists who left establishment networks.

Their set up looks like a fancy cable news network and the two hosts wear professional attire - so it gives their DNC and RNC guests the false sense that they are on CNN or NBC.

The results are glorious:

Hill Rising: What about Hunter Biden?
DNC Congressman: "We must impeach"
HIll Rising: We understand your stance on that issue, but we are asking about Biden and Ukraine. What is your answer to that?
DNC Congressmen: "Ummm we gotta impeach the President"

Over and over then finally Sagaar gets fed up and says: "Thank you for your time Representative, you are great at staying on message" (lol burn)

Wood Krystal ball, despite man shoulders.

Also the show is pretty good. I watch it.

Come on people, dig deeper.

How many members of Congress have spouses on the board of directors of companies that Congress shovels taxpayer funds to?

The Hill is right-wing, not left-wing.

They are more traditionally conservative, and while one of the most neutral political journalistic bodies out there, they were somewhat #neverTrumpers during the campaign. They've covered Trump very fairly, and treated the Mueller investigation with contempt, but have certainly be the most anti-Trump since Trump won in late 2015 with their coverage of the Ukraine whistleblow scandal.

Come on people, dig deeper.

How many members of Congress have spouses on the board of directors of companies that Congress shovels taxpayer funds to?
Exactly. This instance should be used to bring about awareness and change laws that allow for this kind of activity rather than be focused on a particular individual or family.

Hill Rising is pretty good but i prefer Kyle Kalinski way more.

Great show, found out about The Hill Rising from Jimmy Dore. I love that Jimmy calls these politicians like Clinton and her cronies on their nonsense. The Hill Rising has done a fantastic job as well, its going to be really fun to watch them as the U.S. elections progress.

The Hill has actually done pretty well over the last few years.

The Hill is right-wing, not left-wing.

They are more traditionally conservative, and while one of the most neutral political journalistic bodies out there, they were somewhat #neverTrumpers during the campaign. They've covered Trump very fairly, and treated the Mueller investigation with contempt, but have certainly be the most anti-Trump since Trump won in late 2015 with their coverage of the Ukraine whistleblow scandal.
Just curious, do you mean Rising on the Hill or the Hill in general?

I know the Hill has existed long before The Hill Rising show which started only recently. So far Rising has mainly covered the Dem primaries and Krystal seems to lean much more left than right. On Bill Maher's show she and Michael Moore were tag teaming the rest of the panel.

Just curious, do you mean Rising on the Hill or the Hill in general?

I know the Hill has existed long before The Hill Rising show which started only recently. So far Rising has mainly covered the Dem primaries and Krystal seems to lean much more left than right. On Bill Maher's show she and Michael Moore were tag teaming the rest of the panel.
It's the same news source, and they've been doing broadcasts with a news desk for years. It's one of the most centrist news sources out there, but it's center-right.

It's the same news source, and they've been doing broadcasts with a news desk for years. It's one of the most centrist news sources out there, but it's center-right.

Ok thanks. Although I knew of them for a long time, I was never a viewer/listner of them until this election.

Exactly. This instance should be used to bring about awareness and change laws that allow for this kind of activity rather than be focused on a particular individual or family.

Hill Rising is pretty good but i prefer Kyle Kalinski way more.

I think Kyle is one of the better TYT affiliated commentators. And I like that he openly disagrees with them without burning bridges with them. My only gripe with him is that he seems a little too biased towards Bernie Sanders. Like with every debate you automatically know he will declare Bernie the winner no matter what.

To his credit he does admit to being a bit biased towards Bernie. He is very reactionry towards other candidates, for example turning on them super fast if they have one hiccup. He is very young though, so maybe he will mellow out a bit. Jimmy Dore on the other hand didn't turn on Tulsi for her change on medicare for all. I know Jimmy and Kyle are very close and see eye to eye so maybe as Kyle gets older he will be less reactionary. But at least he wasnt like Dave Pakman. Pakman went full 180 and his audience went full "She is a Russian plant" or "She is an Assadist!"....when they were singing her praises right before that...and this was over a domestic policy not a foreign policy (medicare).

Last edited:
I have to say. That show is one of the best out there. They actually call out the liars on the Left/Right straight up. It's as if these politicians weren't told they were going to be called out on their bullshit. How CNN or MSNBC can't put together a show like this tells us that they don't want to.

Hill TV and Rising just kicked off in the summer of 2018. Rising is hosted by a progressive leftist and open, passionate Sanders supporter (Ball - who is the lead) and a centrist who claims to be a conservative (Enjeti).

Ok thanks. Although I knew of them for a long time, I was never a viewer/listner of them until this election.

I think Kyle is one of the better TYT affiliated commentators. And I like that he openly disagrees with them without burning bridges with them. My only gripe with him is that he seems a little too biased towards Bernie Sanders. Like with every debate you automatically know he will declare Bernie the winner no matter what.

To his credit he does admit to being a bit biased towards Bernie. He is very reactionry towards other candidates, for example turning on them super fast if they have one hiccup. He is very young though, so maybe he will mellow out a bit. Jimmy Dore on the other hand didn't turn on Tulsi for her change on medicare for all. I know Jimmy and Kyle are very close and see eye to eye so maybe as Kyle gets older he will be less reactionary. But at least he wasnt like Dave Pakman. Pakman went full 180 and his audience went full "She is a Russian plant" or "She is an Assadist!"....when they were singing her praises right before that...and this was over a domestic policy not a foreign policy (medicare).

He will mellow. He is biased towards Bernie but admits it freely so its no problem.

Isn't it sad that a political news show that aims to be objective sticks out like a sore thumb next to virtually every political news show in the mainstream media?

No, it isn't. Unless you consider a Sanders supporter center right? The Hill is right leaning. The Hill Rising is not.

No, it isn't. Unless you consider a Sanders supporter center right? The Hill is right leaning. The Hill Rising is not.
Again, The Hill is a right-learning news source. I've watched their TV broadcasts, and those are also anchored by right-wing personalities. This "Hill Rising" might be hosted by a Sanders supporter, so if it's nothing more than an editorial web show where he has editorial control, it might reflect his personal politics, but the journalistic body in general is not left-wing, and neither have their previous broadcasts been that.

Back