The Hierarchy Of Muay Thai Brands?

I heard that Yokkao finally got their own plant this past year and their stuff is decent now.
Anyone else hear something along these lines?

Unless they changed plants within the past few months, the gear is still poor compared to Top King, Boon, and Fairtex.

Yokkao had me banned from here for posting pictures of their defective equipment. They will never get my business.

Damn so boons give out on the bag quickly? It's a shame cuz they perform really well!

Mine did, bag and pad work
Just killed them. That's the main reason I don't have them at the top of my list for Thai gloves. Fit, quality, wrist support is good but mine wore out.

Bgv9 is my current favorite/go to...

Makes me wonder if Ironwolf got a bad pair. Iron wolf, can you send me pics of your boons and tell me where you got them? Just to satisfy my curiosity..

I had a pair of 14 oz that lasted at least 2 years of hard bag work and Ive got some 16 oz that ive had for sparring for almost 3 years now.

well my boons are in 12oz, so maybe the padding is thinner or something. but i am feeling more and more knuckle strain with them. they still look literally pristine on the outside. but than again it could be my own fault for not punching correctly.

i think would buy boons again but in 16oz definitely.

BGV9s are really hard to find, i'd rather like to have them shipped from asia for cheaper shipping. and nobody seems to have them in stock. i may just buy them in a store when i go to thailand.

i went to a local store and tried on (but did not hit bags) top king super airs in 16oz, the padding on it feels really good. much denser than twins, but they do not bottom out easily even when you try to push down with your thumb into it. also the top king hand compartment is tighter than boons, which was surprising.

We have BGV9's in 12oz. What size are you looking for?

Tuff Gloves - tightly around the arm? Or inside the glove has more space?

My TUFF gloves are like most Thai brands, a very snug fit (They are 12oz though.).

I wouldn't really recommend TUFF gloves, the padding is extremely dense and hard. Construction quality is ok, but my pair is 3 years old and from what I've seen and heard their quality has gone down since then.

Stick with the top tier Thai brands if you can: Twins, Top King, Fairtex, Boon, or Windy. Fairtex will have the biggest/loosest hand compartment, Top King the smallest/tightest. I find the rest to be comparable.

Hi guys, I'm looking for a pair of gloves for pad/bag work what do you recommend for a female? For hand size reference, I'm 5'5" and have similar size as typical females of my height.

I've already got a Fairtex so I would prefer to try another brand. Also, I'm planning to get Boon bag gloves for some pad sessions and to sharpen my technique.

Initially, I was set on getting Boon BVGs but I've read that they do not last long as dedicated pad/bag gloves so I'm looking at Twins BGVL3 but I'm concerned about the soft padding. What do you guys think? I'd also prefer to stick with thai gloves for now. Thanks :)

Hi guys, I'm looking for a pair of gloves for pad/bag work what do you recommend for a female? For hand size reference, I'm 5'5" and have similar size as typical females of my height.

I've already got a Fairtex so I would prefer to try another brand. Also, I'm planning to get Boon bag gloves for some pad sessions and to sharpen my technique.

Initially, I was set on getting Boon BVGs but I've read that they do not last long as dedicated pad/bag gloves so I'm looking at Twins BGVL3 but I'm concerned about the soft padding. What do you guys think? I'd also prefer to stick with thai gloves for now. Thanks :)

soft padding is great. why would you need dense padding? it would be pointless. get twins

Don't forget Sandee on this list :)
Sandee-Two-Tone-Boxing-Gloves-all__71805.1372310042.1280.1280.jpg

These are my favorites for pad/bag work right now and the deal is solid. Comparable to my Twins but a little bit more pop which is fun. You could probably do 12s or 14s only problem the red ones i have bleed a bit.

http://www.karatejoes.com/Windy-Thai-Sparring-Glove_p_12981.html

These are my favorites for pad/bag work right now and the deal is solid. Comparable to my Twins but a little bit more pop which is fun. You could probably do 12s or 14s only problem the red ones i have bleed a bit.

http://www.karatejoes.com/Windy-Thai-Sparring-Glove_p_12981.html

I just got a pair of these gloves in 12 oz for bag and pad work a couple of weeks ago thanks to you guys here on sherdog. These are such a steal and so far seem to be awesome gloves.

Back