The Hierarchy Of Muay Thai Brands?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Keej613, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Avin1973

Avin1973 Yellow Belt

What about Yokkao? Saenchai use their products.

2. Ryukyu Damashi

Ryukyu Damashi Ryukyu Damashi

Yokkao is not very good IMO. But they seem popular with some people.

3. Ryukyu Damashi

I was actually banned from this forum for talking bad about that brand. They threatened to sue Sherdog. lol

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  4. dan99

dan99 White Belt

hi any one used MTG Pro thai Gloves if so how are they ?

5. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

1.Fairtex
    2.Twins/Boon

6. Ryukyu Damashi

I'd rank Boon up there with Fairtex, Top King, and Twins. They are a different cut than either Top King or Twins, but the quality of leather and stitching is just as good IMO. They don't have the common second tier brand issues of the lining ripping out, the padding degrading quickly, or the leather wearing through.

Woldog likes this.
  7. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

Fairtex are by far the most durable of all of the brands, I forgot all about Top King, but yeah Boon could easily be ranked with Fairtex. I think Twins are a great entry brand and also great for people with many years experience but I think Fairtex is just a step above.

8. Ryukyu Damashi

Yes Fairtex makes very good gear. They finally got the printing on the jerseys figured out. It use to flake off after just a few washes. Now it seems very durable.

I prefer Top King shins, Boon belly pads, gloves and shorts, Somchai hand wraps, and Fairtex curved thai pads. But that is personal preference.

9. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

I have never worn shin pads for Thai training, I really should have but I've just never got around to buying a pair.

10. Paradigm

Paradigm Gold Belt

That wasn't the brand with the owner that just assaulted someone, was it? Was my first thought but then your post right before the one I quoted mentions them unfavorably lol.

11. Ryukyu Damashi

Yes. The owner of Yokkao beat up a Thai shop owner.

12. opposity

opposity Yellow Belt

I personally have equipment from Fairtex and Top King and can say that they are of really good quality. I would say that Twins and Fairtex make the best gloves for the price they charge. Yokkao does overcharge but I think the reason for that is their design. They probably know that they are the only company with the 'cool' designs that is why they overcharge. I am gonna be honest that Yokkao has some really dope designs but 130 bucks for that seems like too fricking much.

One thing I also noticed is that these muay thai glove companies also have some mma gloves. Unfortunately, their mma gloves do not match the quality of their muay thai gloves. I bought a fairtex mma glove and didnt like it too much. I also saw yokkao and twins mma gloves and they also didnt look like good quality

13. opposity

opposity Yellow Belt

Guys, I know some of you wont like it but there also decent muay thai gloves made by non-Thai companies that are available on amazon. I have found three companies that specifically say muay thai gloves (as most of them usually list boxing gloves as muay thai gloves, as well)
    Sanabul
    Everlast (yes, they do have muay thai specific gloves)
    Hayabusa

Out of these three brands, I would say 1. Hayabusa (though they are quite expensive) 2. Sanabul (one of my favorite companies, good price/quality) 3. Everlast

14. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

whats your guys take on thaismai?

I had a pair of their bag gloves a long time ago and they were good quality and durable, right up there with twins IMO. but you dont see thaismai in the states much. I believe thaismai is also sylvie von douglas favorite brand. I wish it was easier to get ahold of them in the US

i had these

[​IMG]