The Hierarchy Of Muay Thai Brands?

How is the hand compartment in 12s? I am tempted to get some just for bag work but i have pretty big hands.

Don't forget Sandee on this list :)
Sandee-Two-Tone-Boxing-Gloves-all__71805.1372310042.1280.1280.jpg

I have a few pairs of these and they are not as bad as some say. True they aren't Twins,Fairtex,Boon...etc. but so far they have held up quite well. No complaints. Especailly with the MMA Joes 30 dollar price tag:)

What do you don't like about them?

The cuffs on the 16s - and by extension the palms & the wrist support - are so loose and roomy that it feels like I'm keeping the glove on by pinching my fingertips together. The fit of the glove further supports this idea, because they tend to be tight in the fingers. These things are made for Popeye.

Thanks for the replies guys! I've decided to use my Fairtex for bags and Twins for sparring instead. I would've loved to try the Windys if international shipping wasn't the cost of the gloves themselves.

So Venum and Hayabusa come very low in the list and are mostly look?
i have been asking around many thread but I

Tokushu/Kanpeki are renowned for their great wrist support, apart from their shoddy quality control (extra threading), and sometimes awkward thumb positioning which only some object to there really isn't a problem with them. This is based on extensive research before I pulled the trigger on them a few days back.

Taskmaster's words were also encouraging.

FYI, Hayabusa and Venum are MMA brands not Muay Thai.

Unless you count Venum's claim that the gloves were designed in Thailand....lol:D

Unless you count Venum's claim that the gloves were designed in Thailand....lol:D

I don't think I would, I mean they don't even call or describe them as Muay Thai gloves do they? Where a product was designed isn't that representative of its true roots.

Tokushu/kanpeki....same glove.....different materials. Where did you find bad reviews on them?????

Not so bad but there are reviews in Sherdog about Ikusa, Tokushu and Kanpeki and the last one seems the best as is made by leather.

In my country all stores say that , made in Thailand , Buffalo leather...
Anyway is the only thing we have here , sadly twins and other Muay Thai brands are super hard to get...

I don't think I would, I mean they don't even call or describe them as Muay Thai gloves do they? Where a product was designed isn't that representative of its true roots.

Nah they are a full fledged mma brand. Venum nappa leather is super nice though

Kinda off-topic, but Venum's MT shorts are pretty nice and Thai-made. Not very Thai-looking aesthetics (like my friend said, not "fobby" LOL), but definitely Thai cut and Thai quality materials and workmanship.

I am looking for training gloves 14-16 oz. Genuine leather, lace-ups (preferred), the works. My hands are 10 inches all around at the widest part of the palms and about 7.25 inches from base of palm to tip of the middle finger, so I believe that is pretty big.

So what I need is a good sturdy pair of gloves that I can use on bag n pads with a fairly large hand compartment. Def not artificial leather or PVC. Not fussy about brands.

Now the thing is a friend of mine is visiting Thailand and he knows next to nothing about gear so I need to give him pretty firm n straight instructions.

I'd be very grateful if any of you could tell me which brands, which shops/ stadiums etc my friend can buy from.

Also, are there any duty free shops to pick up gear from?

I am looking for training gloves 14-16 oz. Genuine leather, lace-ups (preferred), the works. My hands are 10 inches all around at the widest part of the palms and about 7.25 inches from base of palm to tip of the middle finger, so I believe that is pretty big.

So what I need is a good sturdy pair of gloves that I can use on bag n pads with a fairly large hand compartment. Def not artificial leather or PVC. Not fussy about brands.

Now the thing is a friend of mine is visiting Thailand and he knows next to nothing about gear so I need to give him pretty firm n straight instructions.

I'd be very grateful if any of you could tell me which brands, which shops/ stadiums etc my friend can buy from.

Also, are there any duty free shops to pick up gear from?

If your friend is going to Bangkok, tell him to go to Action Zone which is 3 long blocks west of National Stadium BTS station on the south side of the street, Rama I Rd. Best deals you can find in the entire world on Muay Thai equipment. I recommend the Twins BGGL1. Get them in 16 oz.; they'll feel tight at first, but once they're broken in, it will be a semi-custom fit and one of the best feeling gloves you've ever worn. My hands are 8 inches long from base of the metacarpals (palm) to the tip of the middle finger with a 9 inch circumference around the metacarpal heads (knuckles) and the BGGL1 fit very well. Barring that, you can also look into the Fairtex BGL7, although you may have to write to have it made-to-order as it's not a common model. And if you're trying to get a custom model, you may as well get the Fairtex BGL6 custom-made in 16 oz. But if your friend is clueless about gear, just stick with the Twins BGGL1 -- they're a common model and the top choice of most of the major Thai camps and the official glove supplier for Lumpinee and Rajadamnern Stadiums!

P.S. Tell your friend to avoid the duty free shops, especially the King Power ones. He'll get ripped off badly and maybe even extorted and threatened in them. Shop where the locals shop, it'll be cheaper and they will be less chance of getting ripped off (or if ripped off, not as badly).

If your friend is going to Bangkok, tell him to go to Action Zone which is 3 long blocks west of National Stadium BTS station on the south side of the street, Rama I Rd. Best deals you can find in the entire world on Muay Thai equipment. I recommend the Twins BGGL1. Get them in 16 oz.; they'll feel tight at first, but once they're broken in, it will be a semi-custom fit and one of the best feeling gloves you've ever worn. My hands are 8 inches long from base of the metacarpals (palm) to the tip of the middle finger with a 9 inch circumference around the metacarpal heads (knuckles) and the BGGL1 fit very well. Barring that, you can also look into the Fairtex BGL7, although you may have to write to have it made-to-order as it's not a common model. And if you're trying to get a custom model, you may as well get the Fairtex BGL6 custom-made in 16 oz. But if your friend is clueless about gear, just stick with the Twins BGGL1 -- they're a common model and the top choice of most of the major Thai camps and the official glove supplier for Lumpinee and Rajadamnern Stadiums!

P.S. Tell your friend to avoid the duty free shops, especially the King Power ones. He'll get ripped off badly and maybe even extorted and threatened in them. Shop where the locals shop, it'll be cheaper and they will be less chance of getting ripped off (or if ripped off, not as badly).

Tell me more about the extortion and threats...lol. That interests me more than this whole thread.

Back