The Heavyweight Division Has Never Been This Bad

<209Bitch>
Volkov is coming for that belt
tumblr_ofl1m2o7Jj1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

AA and Sylvia fought four times, you fucking noobs.

It has always been shit.
HW is bad right now because every relevant fighter is near 40 years old. That isn't how the division has always been though, that's just how it is now.

When Strikeforce first dissolved, and the UFC swallowed up their roster, Werdum was 33 years old, Overeem hadn't had a knockout loss in 6 years, Cain was fighting twice a year, and JDS had just finished the single greatest HW streak in the history of the UFC.

And that's just the guys at the top. That's a good division.

Fast forward 7 years later and you've got what we have now. Dudes are old and there isn't much talent coming up.
It's a total fallacy that HW has always been bad.

I think the peak was the mid 00's Pride era, they seemed to be a lot more technically proficient than todays competition. Size is a bigger factor these days in the HW division and most of the really talented HW's are old.

Volkov and Blaydes will save the UFC Heavyweight Division from catastrophe.

Tuivasa is 25. That's three decent fighters under 30 which the HW division hasn't had in awhile.

I forgot to include, sorry about that.

Volkov, Blaydes and Tuivasa will save the UFC Heavyweight Division from this catastrophe.

Tank beating Derrick Lewis? Negro please Derrick by whatever he wants on his worst back day.

Stupid ass thread

Too lazy to go into detail, but rest assured

I forgot to include, sorry about that.

Volkov, Blaydes and Tuivasa will save the UFC Heavyweight Division from this catastrophe.

Only thing about Tuivasa is we don't really know if he can grapple. Time will tell.

Back