the hardest shot

jamiesda

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
everyone that trains stand up has had it. that one shot u didnt see coming that rocked your world. everyones a bit different. what hit you and wat did u experience?

ive never been knocked out but this was the closest ive come. it was actually from my best friend in sparring we non verbally decided to crank it up a bit and bang i got a hook in neck/chin and the ground turned to slippery ice my vision turned into a fish eye lens with a black ring around it, sounded like a bell went off in my head and it took bout 5 minutes to truly recover.

how bout u guys?

Was sparring with a friend in preparation for my fight. He was shorter than me but had a huge reach advantage on me (I have serious serious t rex arms). The thing about this kid is that he's the nicest guy in the world but he's like a greyhound; he's fast, strong, and jittery so sometimes he accidentally hurts you. I was jabbed my way inside and we began to exchange with one another when he popped his head up all of a sudden and head butted the shit out of me. Hardest shot i've ever been hit with in my life and it hurt like hell. I didn't get knocked out or floored but i couldn't chew right for like 2 weeks.

Hardest shot I remember taking in a controlled situation was a weird uppercut backfist. My buddy/sparring partner ducked low under a left hook, I start to pull my left arm back to cover while punching down at his ear with my right. At the same time he comes up with this off the wall 90 degree turn backfist, his elbow knocks my left arm away and I get his knuckles at the corner of my jaw. Everything goes white and I'm stumbling around blind trying to get some sembelance of defense back.

When I regain vision I see him crouched over immobile, holding the back of his head. When he hit me I still finished my punch but my aim got thrown off. I got him right at the base of the skull.

...we called it a day.

I actually haven't. I've taken plenty of punches and punishment but nothing that actually screwed me up.

Well, I got sucker punched & knocked out once, so that's definitely the hardest shot i've ever taken.

In training/ sparring, it definitely has to be when I sparred with Ryan Couture at XC last summer; we were in a MT class, and did some sparring at the end; he buried a switch kick right into my liver and I instantly hunched over in agony. Didn't throw it too hard, I was just stepping that way and he caught me right in the liver, Bas Rutten style.

TBH I was surprised I didn't piss blood, it was excruciating.

I got a brain concussion out of a streetfight and 3 weeks later I got kicked in the head in a pointfighting karate tourney and the lights were instantly out for 10 seconds. That didnt even hurt, but my brain wasnt able to take any kind of damage.

sparring with a partner just back from Thailand threw me an elbow by reflex got me right between the eyes. Tears started running, plus a neat little cut bleeding A LOT! and amazing pain.

Two time i can remember:

1) In Thailand in 2002 i took a left switch kick to the head. I ducked right into it. Was not knocked out could. But for 10-20 secounds i could only see this strange light grey colour.

2) This summer, i got dropped by this hard hard liver-shot from one of my new sparringspartner. This guy is 43 years. Have done boxing since 13, and kyokushin since 1998. So he got some NASTY body hooks. :eek: Hes around 110 kg.. I am 76 kg myself.

a few months ago was sparring, went to throw a roundhouse and my opponent planted a sidekick right in my chest. the momentum of me going forward caused my legs to swing out in front of me and i came crashing down on my back, knocking the wind out of me. didn't hurt so much, it was more the suprise and humiliation of being floored in such a stupid way that was the problem...

The hardest shot ive probably had was just a couple of months ago actually..I Was sparring a 6ft 5" @ 90kg guy from the gym im about 6ft @ 80kg.
But he has alot more experience than me. It actually benifited me alot because i thought my hands were ok were i kept them but when i stepped to the side my hands dropped a little and i got left hooked straight in the nose i could feel the blood start to run. I did it once again and walked into yet another hook this one straight to the chin. I felt rocked and with the blood just started to pour from my nose. Apart from that i havent really been knocked out YET.

In sparring about a month back, went down for a left hook to the body and I held my right hand a bit low covering my face. Ate a solid hook to the jaw. Took a few steps back and noticed the room was a different colour, left after a few seconds though.

Took an accidental hit during light sparring. I think I stepped into a punch or something, caught me right on the button. I don't remember it really, but for the next... i dunno, ten or twenty seconds maybe, my brain was flashing on and off like a strobe light. I remember sparring, then I remember stumbling to the right and being unable to really stand up, then I remember my partner holding me up, then I remember finding myself sitting on the ground, and so on. Didn't really hurt, split my lip a little bit, but the pain was minimal.

This summer I took plenty of hard hits. I was allowed to participate in the fighter practices because I was entering a few grappling tournaments and taking my first fight. Needless to say I got my ass beat on for 3 months. Our team consists of 5 pro's and anywhere from 6-7 amateurs (with at least 1-2 years experience) getting ready for fights. I myself had 4 months experience.

During a "hard" sparring round I got paired with one of our pro's. He has former boxing experience and pretty heavy hands. After working me towards a corner he feinted a straight right, closed distance shovel hook to the body then a massive left hook on near/on the temple. I felt my knees go soft and had to hang on to him for dear life. The world was the wrong color and even after that cleared I still saw spots of green/blue that would appear and then disappear. After a minute or so of trying to hang onto my partner for dear life, my coach yelled at me to let go and start throwing. Though I was no longer had putty legs, my stamina was shot. I continued to eat jabs and straight rights for the rest of the round.

On a postive note I did take off 1 round and got back in with another amateur and held my own.

With my first fight coming up, I KNOW that a guy my weight and experience will never hit me as hard as I have been hit in practice. Whether its a nasty hook or kick to the head.

I took a pretty bad shot to the ribs when I was sparring with someone right when I was about to land clean, so I was exhaling as well. Needless to say I was heaving for breath and pretending like it didn't hurt but I threw about three jabs in a 2 minute sparring session and sat out the next round because I couldn't sip my water bottle without gasping for air afterwards.

I've been hit with some real good shots, but never been knocked out.

The one I always come back to though is from earlier this year around spring/beginning of summer.

Sparring day at AKA for us (muay thai fight team) and Josh Thomson asks if he can join us. Josh is old school AKA and is a super awesome guy and the only pro who trains with us lowly amateurs the most.

Well him and I were sparring and I cracked him gooood with a slight overhand right. As soon as I landed it, I knew he was going to come hard, so I said fuck it. I stayed in the pocket with him and we're exchanging. I go to throw a counter hook, but his overhand right got to me first on the left side of my head.

I put my right hand up to signal "hold up", I sat on the rope to give myself an 8 count and realized my left arm was numb and couldn't lift it. After the 8 count, it was good and I finished the round and joined him in the usual post-sparring friendly shit talking haha.

I took a right hook that made my ears ring for about a minute. I haven't taken a really bad one yet, but I haven't been sparring that long either.

I have taken plenty of hard shots........ had my lights put out a couple of times. But still to this day the worst shot i have ever taken was a counter off my right hand.

I got lazy and tried to overextend, reach for my right hand when i was just a little out of range, the guy i was fighting was a southpaw and he leaned back away from my right cross and smashed a body kick right into me! Shin came across my liver and lower rear ribs.... being stretched out like that for the right hand i was totally exposed on that side, no lat to flex and absord any of that kick....... I instantly hit the canvas, couldn't breathe and my whole lower body was completely locked up, I would of screamed bloody murder if I could of got the breath to do it. Ended up with 2 fractures on my lower ribs and deep bruising elsewhere, not to mention pissing blood from getting smashed so hard in the liver..... Oh, cringe just thinking about it. Couldn't walk, talk, or sleep for about a week, shit hurt for 2months afterward!

Playing football senior year in hs, speared a running back wwe style on a 3rd down. It wasnt the hit that got me it was the ground. I got him in the gut & scooped his legs and drove my head straight into the ground. All i remember were people oooohing the hit, then people laughing! I got up after the hit and walked to the opponents bench celebrating, slapping helmets then sat on the bench and passed out! I came too a moment later with the other teams coach putting smelling salt under my nose, he said "nice hit son, but you teams on the other side of the field!" took about 4 weeks for the jokes to end on that one.

Back