The guy who makes everyone bleed vs the guy who doesn't bleed.

i honestly expect tony to lose by TKO due to a broken arm, because khabib is going to maul him on the ground and eventually lock up a kimura or armbar, and tony is exactly the type of guy to let it break.

also wouldn't be surprised if tony gets KO'd on the feet, he's been dropped in a lot of fights recently and sooner or later his ability to recover will just fall off of a cliff.

will probably be a fun fight while it lasts, but ferguson is the one that's getting hurt here.

I was in the camp that this fight will look like every other Khabib fight, until Dustin grabbed that guillotine on Khabib. if Dustin can grab one, then Tony can absolutely if he gets the opening. find it highly unlikely that Tony is going to submit Khabib off his back, top pressure is just too much.

Agree. If there's a single fighter in the lighter classes I'd never count out it's Tony. On paper Khabib is the more solid fighter and should rightfully be the favorite but Tony can finish fights from almost anywhere.

I do believe Khabib does better against the majority of the top flight LWs though. Styles makes fights as we all know. Khabib probably slaughters Conor 9/10 times but if Tony were to win I think he matches up much worse against the Irishman.[/QUOTE

I actually think on paper Tony is the more
solid fighter, Khabib is just so much more skilled in in certain criteria’s that it covers up his weaknesses.

Tony also takes chances and opens up more while Khabib obviously relies on his wrestling and plays it real safe.

In my opinion this fight is simple to call and we will know who the winner is by the end of the first.

I was in the camp that this fight will look like every other Khabib fight, until Dustin grabbed that guillotine on Khabib. if Dustin can grab one, then Tony can absolutely if he gets the opening. find it highly unlikely that Tony is going to submit Khabib off his back, top pressure is just too much.
A lot of ppl seem to think Tony subs khabib. It seems extremely unlikely with khabibs pedigree. I hinedont see how tony makes this competitive. That being said, I’ll be pulling for the boogeyman.

Tony Ferguson will werewolf Khabib. He'll cut, slice him up, never give up, never give in. Khabib will do the same, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter who wins, it matters that this is gonna be one of highest skilled lightweight fights in history. I can't fucking wait, I've watched Ferguson win TUF. I'm a big fan of Tony.

He is true, built, structured, baptized, FOR WAR

I don't think Colby' is the wrestler that Khabib needs to worry about. Gaetche would probably be a tougher matchup for him.

I think they both have a shot but i like colbys odds better

I think they both have a shot but i like colbys odds better
I just don't see it. After watching RDA nullify so much of what Colby was trying to do I'm convinced Khabibs wrestling and overall grappling is just more effective. I just don't see him winning more rounds the Khabib in a 3round or 5 rounder.

I just don't see it. After watching RDA nullify so much of what Colby was trying to do I'm convinced Khabibs wrestling and overall grappling is just more effective. I just don't see him winning more rounds the Khabib in a 3round or 5 rounder.

He doesn't have to outwrestle Khabib, he just has to keep it standing. That's what people keep forgetting. You don't need to be as good as Khabib at wrestling to beat him. You just need good enough wrestling to shut down his game.

He doesn't have to outwrestle Khabib, he just has to keep it standing. That's what people keep forgetting. You don't need to be as good as Khabib at wrestling to beat him. You just need good enough wrestling to shut down his game.
Keep it standing and then what? He's probably the worst striker Khabib would've fought in years.

Last edited:
I mean do we REALLY expect this fight to happen? I'm not counting on anything until 1-2 days before the date.

A lot of ppl seem to think Tony subs khabib. It seems extremely unlikely with khabibs pedigree. I hinedont see how tony makes this competitive. That being said, I’ll be pulling for the boogeyman.

I kind of agree. Off his back I don't think Tony subs Khabib. But if he can grab the neck in a transition like Poirier did, that's his shot. And if Tony gets that choke that Dustin got he finishes that fight. Great fight, lets hope it stays together.

Tony is the type of guy to make himself bleed if kalabeeb can't do it.

If Khabib doesn't get a finish then I think Tony's legendary cardio will have him in trouble in the 4th and 5th.

I'm so pumped for this one.

If they serve up a snooze fest then I'll end up retiring to my study with a pistol and a bottle of brandy.

Khabib is going to rag doll the shit out of this old, broken fighter

Tony is a warrior, but this fight is happening at a bad time for Tony, he isn't getting any younger

Khabib by sub in the 3rd

Didn't RDA take Colby down ? If so, you think Khabib wouldnt be able to do the same ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back