The Guitar Thread.

Yeah its Duterte he is a Chinese plant the Chinese and Russians are fabricating a ton of lies to undermine the United States and the Philippines who have depended on US aid and investment is the collateral damage. I was really worried because my GF works at the US Embassy as a consultant.

Well anyway I prefer the Edge or even the Edge Pro I think the best combination will be the Edge Pro with locking studs from the original edge.

Besides I heard that the Edge zero is made in China.. Oh well..

The reason I became an Ibanez fan boy is not because of Brand loyalty its more that I got really use to it since it was my only guitar for 10 years and that bolt on AANJ on the Ibanez is one of the best in accessibility the only draw back once I got used to that I can't play on other guitars like the Les Pauls and strats.

Other brands AANJs are not as deep as the one in the Ibanez even the one on the Yamaha RGX line is not as good and the Neck thru models of other brands are so expensive for now.

Anyway Cheers..
Are are you pretty much a strictly metal player? Things calmed down a bit @ the embassy then?Your lady safe?

Are are you pretty much a strictly metal player? Things calmed down a bit @ the embassy then?Your lady safe?

Yeah things calm down now but I think there is a protest there daily since July,

I am a metalica fan but this days I play mostly Joe Satriani stuff but I am no means an expert about it I am into Dream Theater now see if can discipline my self to play accurately.

This is me playing in 2011 not really satisfied with this performance but I enjoyed it none the less I have to re do this later this year I need to set up a better camera and record the sound directly to the soundcard,

Yeah things calm down now but I think there is a protest there daily since July,

I am a metalica fan but this days I play mostly Joe Satriani stuff but I am no means an expert about it I am into Dream Theater now see if can discipline my self to play accurately.

This is me playing in 2011 not really satisfied with this performance but I enjoyed it none the less I have to re do this later this year I need to set up a better camera and record the sound directly to the soundcard,

Fuckin smoking brother!Your chops are killer man,Satriani isn't easy to play unless your one of those God given talents...how long you been playing?If your playing Jon Petrucci songs you record that for me to listen to!Dream Theater is incredible!If you like that style of music and you should listen to Fates Warning..you probably have?Are you a Racer X fan?Jason Becker/Marty Friedmans band? Dude I'm fucking impressed,how old are you?

Fuckin smoking brother!Your chops are killer man,Satriani isn't easy to play unless your one of those God given talents...how long you been playing?If your playing Jon Petrucci songs you record that for me to listen to!Dream Theater is incredible!If you like that style of music and you should listen to Fates Warning..you probably have?Are you a Racer X fan?Jason Becker/Marty Friedmans band? Dude I'm fucking impressed,how old are you?

I am 33 I have been playing since 1995 but I have only improved starting in 2007 when I took Classical Music training seriously in the University and learned the benefits of discipline.

Because before that I have bad hearing,bad rhythm and my Tempo is not consistent and all I have is speed but playing fast notes is nothing if it is off tempo I have the passion to practice for like 5 to 7 hours straight but I recently learned that a 3 hour disciplined practice session will outweigh an 8 hour practice of mindless shredding.

Thank you for your compliments and taking interest in my playing I really appreciate it is not to often that people think I am a good player.

P.S.

Yes I am currently studying under a glass moon will try to play it with a backing track as soon as I get it up to speed.

Racer X? yes I know Racer X but haven't had much time to explore their songs I only know that it is Paul Gilberts former band but since I am an 80s music fan I think I will enjoy that.

I have listened to some of Marty Friedmans solo work but it was a long time ago all I know is I enjoyed it.

Fates Warning? That I get to check.

Again thanks for the compliments and watching my video.

Will see if I can get my DSLR working this week I will try to record Crushing day!

I am 33 I have been playing since 1995 but I have only improved starting in 2007 when I took Classical Music training seriously in the University and learned the benefits of discipline.

Because before that I have bad hearing,bad rhythm and my Tempo is not consistent and all I have is speed but playing fast notes is nothing if it is off tempo I have the passion to practice for like 5 to 7 hours straight but I recently learned that a 3 hour disciplined practice session will outweigh an 8 hour practice of mindless shredding.

Thank you for your compliments and taking interest in my playing I really appreciate it is not to often that people think I am a good player.

P.S.

Yes I am currently studying under a glass moon will try to play it with a backing track as soon as I get it up to speed.

Racer X? yes I know Racer X but haven't had much time to explore their songs I only know that it is Paul Gilberts former band but since I am an 80s music fan I think I will enjoy that.

I have listened to some of Marty Friedmans solo work but it was a long time ago all I know is I enjoyed it.

Fates Warning? That I get to check.

Again thanks for the compliments and watching my video.

Will see if I can get my DSLR working this week I will try to record Crushing day!
Yeah man would love to hear some more.I never took lessons but wish I had.Keep it up man!Yeah Paul Gilbert & Bruce Bouillet played w/Racer X(as u know)...Marty Friedman & Jason Becker put out an album when they were 17 and they were just two guitar prodigys doing amazing shit before the likes of so many of the neo classical speed metal players.If your interested the band was Cacophony.Cool talking mate..keep safe..cheers!

Yeah man would love to hear some more.I never took lessons but wish I had.Keep it up man!Yeah Paul Gilbert & Bruce Bouillet played w/Racer X(as u know)...Marty Friedman & Jason Becker put out an album when they were 17 and they were just two guitar prodigys doing amazing shit before the likes of so many of the neo classical speed metal players.If your interested the band was Cacophony.Cool talking mate..keep safe..cheers!

yeah will definitely check those bands you mentioned

I enjoyed this chat too Cheers...

View attachment 145583

This is another Herman Li Signature, but it's quite a bit more affordable than the purple one. Think I might buy it instead of the Charcoal Burst.
It's a shame, but I've decided not to buy this one.

Most of the features are quite nice, but I'm guessing as part of a way too save money, they equipped this guitar with an EDGE III bridge, I've owned a guitar with this bridge for over 10 years, was never a fan of it.

I'm going with this instead:

1Ibanez_SIX6DFM_DCB_1P_01.png

It's a shame, but I've decided not to buy this one.

Most of the features are quite nice, but I'm guessing as part of a way too save money, they equipped this guitar with an EDGE III bridge, I've owned a guitar with this bridge for over 10 years, was never a fan of it.

I'm going with this instead:

View attachment 157307

They say Edge 3 is problematic because of stability issues as the knife edges gets worn out easily similar to the LO Trs2 problem I wonder if the arm on the Edg 3 gets lose easily.

Edge Pro is a very good Trem the only problem is there no locking studs unlike the original edge or the Lo Pro it will only be a factor if the guitar is like more than 5 years old.

After I realized I wasn't going to get the Herman Li Signature, and considering how much I love Gold Hardware, I decided too take a look at Jackson's Custom Shop.

Here are the specs I've settled on:

Either KE2 or RR1 Body
Mahogony Body with 1/8 Flame Maple Top(Matching Headstock)
Flame Maple Fretboard
Quartersawn Maple Neck(Oiled Natural Finish)
Abalone Inlays
Gold Hardware
1 Master Volume
Gold Pickup Rings
2 Humbuckers(not sure which ones yet)
Trans Red or Purple Burst

Everything else is stock, so no charge

comes too $5533.46, which is surprising, because most USA select guitars they make go for a little under that anyway, so for a top of line USA made Jackson, I'm not paying much more than the usual price.

I always told myself I'd never go over 2K for a guitar, but that's really just for stock or signature guitars, if it's all my own specs, I don't know where I'll get the money/how long it'll take me to save up, years most likely, but one day...

f743a0663b5ecd5db55dc9bc2d3763532cac41e336e2924e559c29298c681459.jpg

Last edited:
They say Edge 3 is problematic because of stability issues as the knife edges gets worn out easily similar to the LO Trs2 problem I wonder if the arm on the Edg 3 gets lose easily.

Edge Pro is a very good Trem the only problem is there no locking studs unlike the original edge or the Lo Pro it will only be a factor if the guitar is like more than 5 years old.
The SIX6DFM that I posted has a Edge Zero II, which I've heard are great.

It's the same bridge on the guitar I'm getting second hand tomorrow.

The SIX6DFM that I posted has a Edge Zero II, which I've heard are great.

It's the same bridge on the guitar I'm getting second hand tomorrow.

Edge zero II are great it is the type they used on the Indonesian Premiums I also love the gloss black finish on the Hardware compared to Cosmo black..

They say cosmo finish makes it look more expensive but for me I am more of a minimalist I prefer a black body with black hardware besides the cosmo black finish does not last long if you have acidic sweat and I live in a tropical country humidity can get to high.

After I realized I wasn't going to get the Herman Li Signature, and considering how much I love Gold Hardware, I decided too take a look at Jackson's Custom Shop.

Either KE2 or RR1 Body
Flame Maple Fretboard
Abalone Inlays
Gold Hardware
1 Master Volume
Gold Pickup Rings

comes too $5533.46, which is surprising, because most USA select guitars they make go for a little under that anyway, so for a top of line USA made Jackson, I'm not paying much more than the usual price.

I always told myself I'd never go over 2K for a guitar, but that's really just for stock or signature guitars, if it's all my own specs, I don't know where I'll get the money/how long it'll take me to save up, years most likely, but one day...

Basically it'll look like a combination of:

This neck/fretboard

2Flame Maple Neck and Fretboard Abalone Sharktooth Inlays.jpg

This finish:

2Flame Maple Trans Red Burst.jpg

This hardware and body type:

2RR1 Goldhardware.jpg

Basically, if you could imagine all of those things combined.

I'd kill to own a guitar like that.

Hoy I want to have a Randy Rhoads Jackson he is one of my Idols damnn and a Polkadot Karl Sandoval flying V!!!

Look at that Headstock you could kill people with that.
sandoval_flying-v_web01_REDUCED-GUITAR.jpg

Randy was probably my first guitar idol.

Big influence on me, his solos in Mr Crowley inspired me too learn how to shred.

Nice lyrics in your signature btw, Metropolis Pt1 right?

Randy was probably my first guitar idol.

Big influence on me, his solos in Mr Crowley inspired me too learn how to shred.

Nice lyrics in your signature btw, Metropolis Pt1 right?

Yup It is Metropolis Pt.1 I love putting DT lyrics on my sig..

I usually change it depending on my mood every 9/11 I put the excerpt from "Sacrificed Sons" from Octavarium

Who would wish this on our people
And proclaim that His will be done
Scriptures they heed have misled them
All praise their Sacrificed Sons

And every time there was a Jihadi attack around the world I put the lyrics from in the Name of God
Listen when the prophet
Speaks to you
Killing in the name of God

Passion
Twisting faith into violence
In the name of God

DTs lyrics sometimes gives me the chills specially the ending of the Finale in Illumination Theory.

One of the greatest Classic Metal songs ever written.

That interlude before the Final Solo is so powerful I love randys approach he can really sneak in some good Melodic vibe in his solos.

And offcourse who will forget Diary of a Madman? The string section behind and the build up is really chilling it sounds so dark and evil it really evokes the Madman from within!

To bad Randy has to ride that damn Plane in March 19, 1982....

watch

Either KE2 or RR1 Body
Flame Maple Fretboard
Abalone Inlays
Gold Hardware
1 Master Volume
Gold Pickup Rings

Plus then theres the wait for it to be built. I gather its anywhere from 10 months to 2 years for Jackson CS Builds.

th

Looking to get this secondhand Friday coming.

Ibanez RG870QMZ.

th

ENded up buying this after, great guitar, love it already.

Beautiful and plays really well. The action is a bit high, but I can always lower that. I can tell the bridge is extremely good at staying in tune and the guitar sounds great.

Apparently when the guy I bought it off purchased the guitar it went for 1050 retail, so 550 after only 2 and half years of use is a great deal. Really happy with it.

Back