The Guitar Thread.

I am a sucker for the older prestige sets and the J.Custom...

I prefer the black hardware than the cosmo black on todays models I wish they reisue this guitar

RG1302

latest

I have an Ibanez SZ in sunburst that I don't think they make anymore and I love it. Has a molded in neck like a Les Paul. Real deep tone.

I have a Fender strat which was my first guitar. An Ibanez acoustic, Hohner acoustic and a Dean Dimebag Darrell memorial guitar. I admittedly just bought it because of Dime.

I also love to have the old Ibanez S540s.

74079502656211825.jpg

This black Ibanez S540 below is interesting I never knew the S540 also have versions with the original Edge Bridge.
I though all S used the Lo Pro.
iban540s.jpg

It's a Gibson Les Paul studio pro 2014 black cherry pearl. I paid $1422 CAD for it. Got it during Amazon lighting day deal.

Ah I see still I won't consider that cheap still but not as expensive as I have expected. I expected it was like $2500 USD.

This is the amp I have on Layaway:

Traynor Custom Special. This is the half stack version, but a guy that works at a local store managed to track down a combo version of the amp. 2 channels, the ability to cut the wattage from 50 to 15 with the flick of a switch and when everything is turned up too eleven it's got a pretty good clasic metal tone, which is what I'm looking for. Leads sound pretty good on her too.

Traynor_YCS50H.jpg

This is the next amp I'd like to get, a Laney Ironheart 30 Watt. Some features are similar to the Traynor, but with more control, like being able to control the wattage with the turn of a dial, allowing you to go from 1 watt to 30 watts and every number in between, depending on the setting you're in. Lots of other great features, 3 channels, Lead, Rhythm and Clean and it's got great modern metal tonal capabilities:

Laney-Ironheart-IRT30-112.jpg

This is the amp I have on Layaway:

Traynor Custom Special. This is the half stack version, but a guy that works at a local store managed to track down a combo version of the amp. 2 channels, the ability to cut the wattage from 50 to 15 with the flick of a switch and when everything is turned up too eleven it's got a pretty good clasic metal tone, which is what I'm looking for. Leads sound pretty good on her too.

View attachment 153517

This is the next amp I'd like to get, a Laney Ironheart 30 Watt. Some features are similar to the Traynor, but with more control, like being able to control the wattage with the turn of a dial, allowing you to go from 1 watt to 30 watts and every number in between, depending on the setting you're in. Lots of other great features, 3 channels, Lead, Rhythm and Clean and it's got great modern metal tonal capabilities:

View attachment 153521
Had a Laney head years ago.Always loved it.

Had a Laney head years ago.Always loved it.
I'm pretty intrigued by Laney.

They were never really on my radar until recently, it was always either Marshall, Peavey or Mesa Boogie (but never, too expensive) that I had in mind as I wanted a good strong Metal tone, but these things sound great and are affordable, with lots of great features. Only problem is, they're not available in my province, none of the local music stores I've been too carry them at all or have any ties with them whatsoever. But there is ONE Canadian music store that caries them, so maybe I'll go through them. Just hope the SnH isn't too much for it.

Either way, I won't be getting it for quite some time, I'll be using the Traynor for my current project and I have a Boss GT-8 pedal in case I need an extra boost when it comes too tonal options(heavy or otherwise) and effects. Might never get it tbh, but it's nice to think about as I really like the amp alot.

I've got an old Ibanez ST55. Its has served me well. Ibanez made some great stuff at the beginning.
Ibanez-ST55-Studio-electric-guitar-_1.jpg

Also have a Larrivee acoustic that you would have to pry from my cold dead hands.

I'm pretty intrigued by Laney.

They were never really on my radar until recently, it was always either Marshall, Peavey or Mesa Boogie (but never, too expensive) that I had in mind as I wanted a good strong Metal tone, but these things sound great and are affordable, with lots of great features. Only problem is, they're not available in my province, none of the local music stores I've been too carry them at all or have any ties with them whatsoever. But there is ONE Canadian music store that caries them, so maybe I'll go through them. Just hope the SnH isn't too much for it.

Either way, I won't be getting it for quite some time, I'll be using the Traynor for my current project and I have a Boss GT-8 pedal in case I need an extra boost when it comes too tonal options(heavy or otherwise) and effects. Might never get it tbh, but it's nice to think about as I really like the amp alot.
I don't know much about the Traynor how is it compared to any others..Marshall.Boogie etc.?

I don't know much about the Traynor how is it compared to any others..Marshall.Boogie etc.?
Traynor's have been called the "Canadian Marshall"

The Custom Special that I'm getting has a button that allows you to switch between a USA and British tone, tbh, compared too amps in the same price range, like the Marshall DSL it's way better. More versatility and the tone is way better. I'm primarily a lead guitar player and the lead tone on the DSL was crap from what I could hear when I tried them a few times, but the Traynor had a great warm tone, plus, it's got the same number of channels(2) and can cut the watt output from 50 to 15( in case I'm just jamming at home or I'm playing a small show with a decent PA system), unlike say the 40 watt DSL, which you really have to turn on max to get any kind of decent tone out of from my experience(if you want to turn the volume at say 1/4, it's really a bad bad tone.) So, better tone and versatility. When turned up too 11 it's got a great classic Metal tone imo, a little weak for Thrash and I wouldn't use it on it's own for any extreme metal(I have a GT-8 though in case I need a gain boost), but as far as I was concerned it was a total no brainer when compared too the Marshall. Plus, if I ever need a 50 watt amp, it's there for me as well.

Plus, it has a 2 year warranty, you can literally do anything too it and they will replace it.

The Custom Special that I'm getting has a button that allows you to switch between a USA and British tone, tbh, compared too amps in the same price range, like the Marshall DSL it's way better. More versatility and the tone is way better. I'm primarily a lead guitar player and the lead tone on the DSL was crap from what I could hear when I tried them a few times, but the Traynor had a great warm tone, plus, it's got the same number of channels(2) and can cut the watt output from 50 to 15( in case I'm just jamming at home or I'm playing a small show with a decent PA system), unlike say the 40 watt DSL, which you really have to turn on max to get any kind of decent tone out of from my experience(if you want to turn the volume at say 1/4, it's really a bad bad tone.) So, better tone and versatility. When turned up too 11 it's got a great classic Metal tone imo, a little weak for Thrash and I wouldn't use it on it's own for any extreme metal(I have a GT-8 though in case I need a gain boost), but as far as I was concerned it was a total no brainer when compared too the Marshall. Plus, if I ever need a 50 watt amp, it's there for me as well.

Plus, it has a 2 year warranty, you can literally do anything too it and they will replace it.
And as far as the price comparison with a Marshall DSL how do they rate?50 watt.

There's a 100w (2010)Custom Traynor
Tube head at a guitar shop down the road I'm going to check out.Its used for $449...thanks for the input!

Back