The Guard Retention Anthology: Lachlan Giles and Ariel Tabak, is here!

lach

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

The Guard Retention Anthology is finally here. This collaboration between Ariel Tabak and myself has taken 9 months to make, and made an enormous difference to my game, I hope it does for you too. Expect it to take some time to develop as it will most likely be a different approach to what you were using before, but I can guarantee that once you fully adopt this style it will be a game changer for you.

This really is different to what I believe is currently out there and I am actually quite ashamed how bad I think my open guard retention was before working with Ariel, be prepared to hate some of your training partners who start using it :)

The instructional is split up into two sets: Around and Under, and Through the legs. Each share a common first chapter on general guard retention principles, and then about 8 hours of unique content.

Around and Under covers general concepts and principles, around the legs retention, under the legs retention, initiating the first grip, turning defense to offense, and narrated rolling.

Through the Legs covers general concepts and principles, headquarters, cross knee through, knee shield, half guard variants, the smash pass, late stage recovery, and narrated rolling.

The content is in depth but really aimed for anyone willing to dive deep into what good guard retention is, it is certainly more similar to the guard retention you would see at the lighter weight divisions rather than heavy, as they tend to have the more impassable guards. That is not to say that heavier people cannot use it, we both think this is the best style to play and recommend all take this approach and do the recommended mobility work to make it as effective as possible. There are definitely options if you are less mobile, and a good place to start there would be the through the legs section, particularly the half guard and knee shield variants. However for optimum guard retention we recommend not settling at this close to mid range, and continuing to push your opponent back layers and develop good retention and further distance (open guards).

Each set is $127. Save an extra 10% with the code LACHLAN10 or use the link here to give me an extra cut for the referral.

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections...lachlan-giles-ariel-tabak?rfsn=2691516.3afc7d

If you have any questions ask them here I will be happy to answer.

Dude you make quality instructionals, thanks again

Back