The Greco High Dive

looks good. Look up cacareco, the luta livre guy. He does this a lot with a ton of success. Usually he just stays around the waist though, and doesn't go up into a high clinch.

If you did this in pure BJJ or grappling you run the risk of the other guy pulling full guard on you. Otherwise it seems like a good technique.

If you did this in pure BJJ or grappling you run the risk of the other guy pulling full guard on you. Otherwise it seems like a good technique.

however, if you can turn the corner before they pull guard there will be some air time involved, definitely....

however, if you can turn the corner before they pull guard there will be some air time involved, definitely....

can you elaborate on what you mean by cutting the corner? I'm interested in learning as much about greco as I can (Amongst all the grapplers I train with, only 2 are greco-wrestlers)

is it just the standard freestyle double leg 'cut' where you drive off the trailing leg once you post it, while driving with your head?

or it is that greco move (don't know the name) where you wrench the bodylock towards you, pulling the opponent in- while at the same time you 'deadlift' scoot your hips under him while stepping behind him. The end result is you are facing his side, and you are bodylocking his side into you with double unders, getting ready to back step and throw.

Last edited:
can you elaborate on what you mean by cutting the corner? I'm interested in learning as much about greco as I can (Amongst all the grapplers I train with, only 2 are greco-wrestlers)

is it just the standard freestyle double leg 'cut' where you drive off the trailing leg once you post it, while driving with your head?

or it is that greco move (don't know the name) where you wrench the bodylock towards you, pulling the opponent in- while at the same time you 'deadlift' scoot your hips under him while stepping behind him. The end result is you are facing his side, and you are bodylocking his side into you with double unders, getting ready to back step and throw.

you hit the nail right on the head with your last paragraph actually. sounds like you've done it before, lol.

Back