1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

The Greco High Dive

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Grey Kid, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Cachimbo Blue Belt

looks good. Look up cacareco, the luta livre guy. He does this a lot with a ton of success. Usually he just stays around the waist though, and doesn't go up into a high clinch.

2. sha Geekjitsu Black Belt

If you did this in pure BJJ or grappling you run the risk of the other guy pulling full guard on you. Otherwise it seems like a good technique.

3. Drew Foster Silver Belt

This one is very similar to deashi-harai. It's so slick right?

4. Drew Foster Silver Belt

Yes, I know this isn't double overhooks but the lateral drop was.

5. fourfif** Banned Banned

however, if you can turn the corner before they pull guard there will be some air time involved, definitely....

6. Grey Kid Orange Belt

can you elaborate on what you mean by cutting the corner? I'm interested in learning as much about greco as I can (Amongst all the grapplers I train with, only 2 are greco-wrestlers)

is it just the standard freestyle double leg 'cut' where you drive off the trailing leg once you post it, while driving with your head?

or it is that greco move (don't know the name) where you wrench the bodylock towards you, pulling the opponent in- while at the same time you 'deadlift' scoot your hips under him while stepping behind him. The end result is you are facing his side, and you are bodylocking his side into you with double unders, getting ready to back step and throw.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  7. fourfif** Banned Banned

you hit the nail right on the head with your last paragraph actually. sounds like you've done it before, lol.